Best present/worst present

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2010, 01:29 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the best present you've received for Christmas?
What's the worst present you've received for Christmas?
Have you ever regifted a present?

It's tough for me as far as the best present, because honestly, I'm pretty hard to please! I think for me it was my Cabbage Patch kid when I was like 12...My sister had to go to great lengths to get it for me (all the other kids already had one).

Worst? My mother in law gave me this talking Mr. Executive Head thing that would tell you "I couldn't agree with you more completely" or "Why didn't I think of that" whenever you spoke. She also gave me things like a remote controlled car and a Mr. Clean spinbrush bathtub cleaner...yeah, she was a winner.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

December 19th, 2010, 05:38 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
best- my sewing machine, I got it when I was 12.

worst- a snuggie from dh's aunt and uncle. They gave them to the whole family for a snuggie pub crawl at the beach last year. I think the material that snuggies are made of is so cheap and it doesn't feel very good.
December 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Best present: When I was a young kid it was either my pound puppy or my care bear. As a teenager it was a boombox that also played CD's. As an adult it was the diamond earrings and necklace DH got me last year.

Worst present: Freshman year of college my Dad got me super thick socks that were heated by batteries...ugh...awful present. He thought it was a great present since I was so cold walking on campus. I returned them. My Dad was horrible at presents, but thought he was great at it. He tried...poor Dad.
December 19th, 2010, 09:11 PM
challowell's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The best was my iamond angel earings and the worst was the lump of coal one of my mom's boyfriends got me.

I have regifted lotions and perfumes because I can't stand the sents. It sets off my asthma.
December 19th, 2010, 09:44 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the best present you've received for Christmas? When I was little, the dollhouse my father and grandfather made for me together. When I was in college, a cashmere sweater from a boyfriend. Recently, the gold turtle and baby necklace DH got me when I was pregnant.
What's the worst present you've received for Christmas? Honestly...the one that DH gave me our first Christmas when we were dating...I put a ton of thought and effort into his gift and he got me bath soap and lotion from Bath & Body works... I couldn't stand the smell and I was disappointed at the lack of thought...boy has he changed and become more creative!
Have you ever regifted a present? Yes..lotions and soaps and candles that I don't like/can't stand the smell... I also re-gifted a pair of earrings I didn't care for, but knew a friend would love...

Tags
christmas , winter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search