Sunday Seven

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What are seven goals or resolutions or anything really that you want to achieve this year?:

1. *completely* quit smoking, been struggling, but have cut down DRASTICALLY since the 1st, using excuse after excuse to keep buying them. Tom picked up patches last night, sooo.. *fingerscrossed*

2. lose *at least* 36 lbs (total 56lbs), to lower my BMI from being "obese" to "healthy" then hoping hitting a total loss of 65 lbs by the end of the year. (including the 20 I lost already, 45 to go!

3. reignite the passion in my marriage.

4. Make some plans and goals to do something, besides parenting, with my life.

5. work harder with each of the kids.
A: Get Thomas reading more, building his skills.
B: Work on Collin's articulation, teach him his ABC's, go over colors and shapes more often-the basics.
C: Work with Bailey on body parts, some baby signs, and animal sounds.

6. Get a new lens (or two...) and build my photog skills. Learn more, practice more..

7. Spend less time on the PC, and more time with house hold chores. (that one is Tom's idea..NOT mine)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 16th, 2011, 03:25 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I have 7. I would like to be able to run for 30min straight by the end of the year or 5km. I'm getting there. I can now do 8 minutes at a time. 17min in 30min total. When I first started I could barely do 8 min total in 30min.

I'd like to keep the house cleaner this year. In order for that to happen I need to get my depression under complete control and that is always going to be a work in progress.

We're getting out the house more and doing more active things with the girls. Rodger and I want to start stretching, and doing sit ups ect together in the evenings but we need to wait for his leg to heal a bit more. He has a minor stress fracture from going to hard to fast on the treadmill.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 16th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
I don't think I have 7. I would like to be able to run for 30min straight by the end of the year or 5km. I'm getting there. I can now do 8 minutes at a time. 17min in 30min total. When I first started I could barely do 8 min total in 30min.

I'd like to keep the house cleaner this year. In order for that to happen I need to get my depression under complete control and that is always going to be a work in progress.

We're getting out the house more and doing more active things with the girls. Rodger and I want to start stretching, and doing sit ups ect together in the evenings but we need to wait for his leg to heal a bit more. He has a minor stress fracture from going to hard to fast on the treadmill.

Seem's we have the running in common
How long is it currently taking to hit 5k? Last time I did 5k, it took me 45 min, running for maybe 15-20 of that..

I can hit 2.25 miles in 30 minutes, 5k=3.1 miles, and that is running 15-20 minutes of it, I find if I run for longer, I can't go as far, where as if I do intervals (currently doing 1 min run/1 min walk) I go much further.. it's weird.. Once I get used to the 30 minutes @ the interval I'm at, I'm going to change it to 2 min run/1 min walk, hoping that will get me closer, I want to be able to do 5k in 30 min, the time running isn't really a big deal anymore as I find I suck when I run for long times

Are you doing any other workouts with the running?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 16th, 2011, 04:08 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Loose weight
2. live healthier
3. get my house organized
4. get the basement finished (not sure if that one is going to happen)
5. be more romantic in my marriage
6. get Breana some education items
7. spend mroe time with my family

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 16th, 2011, 04:13 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I have a few goals...likely not seven though

1. Get pregnant with a sticky baby. I know I can't really control it, but we have some things to try. Starting with...

2. Lose these last ten pounds to put me in the healthy weight range for my height.

3. Get some jeans that actually fit and make me feel awesome

4. Work on some OCD behaviors, especially to stop picking at my skin! Ewww, I know.

5. Spend more time just playing with Liam, instead of chores, errands, daily care, and activities. I want him to know the value of plain play (with mommy)

6. Get our living room done (painted, recarpeted, and organized)

7. Stay in budget so we can get our butts out of debt!!

Ooooh, I do have seven. And could prolly think of more
January 16th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I'm slow. 5k takes me about 50min. Then again I have a really short stride. I think its barely 2 feet. I run at about 7km an hour so I'd be looking at around 50min on the treadmill for 5km. However I tend to run faster outside and 5km would only take me around the 40min mark outside. No idea why its like that, it just is.

I run 4 days of the week. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. My "off" days I walk or do some other sort of aerobics. I also stretch daily and use a resistance band.

I started off doing intervals but found I wasn't progressing as good as I would have liked to. So I started seeing how fast I could go for. I started at 5min and now move up a min once a month. I'm up to 7, but did 8 this morning. I did a total of 2 miles in 30min this morning. (told ya I'm slow) For the rest of my 30 min, I just run when I can and walk the rest. Today was the best by far. 17 1/2 min of running, with my longest walk being a min and a half. Some of it even at 7.2km and hour. Once I'm up to about a 30min run I'm then going to focus on slowly increasing my speed within that 30min. I have no real speed goal though. I'll just increase it when I need to.

I did start off at 8km an hour but found I was getting too much pain and my recovery was far too long. I figure I'm best off going a little slower and going longer, than I am going faster. I've made much more progress this was than I was. And I feel better for it and it keeps me going. I know I'm never going to win marathons or anything or probably even be able to do 5km in 30min (my legs are just not that long) so my focus is more on the time than the distance.

I'm rambling now but did just remember I am doing a 5km this year. In April. For the Children's Hospital. We walked it last year and it took us 1 hr 8min. That was with Lucy in the pram. This year we will be doing it minus the kids. I'll do it the same as I do on the treadmill. Run for as long as I can, walk till I recover, then walk again. I'd like to do it in about an hour. Anything less than last year though will be a good thing. If its the same circuit as last year I know most of it is downhill after the first 2km, so I'm hoping I'll be able to run most of it.

January 16th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Platinum Supermommy
You're about as slow as me then I too have short legs, and I can't lift my legs up too high when running either so that doesn't help, I usually run between a 4.5 mph (7.2kph) and a 5.5 mph (8.8 kph) If I'm at a 4.5 I can do 20 minutes straight, but I barely get to 1.25 miles (2k) Yet, when I run at 5.5 for 1 min, then walk between 3.5-4 (5.6-6.4) for a minute, I can hit 2.25 miles (3.62K) in 30 minutes..

Best of luck with the 5K, when I walked (brisk walked) one in Oct, my gym partner and I had a time of 58 minutes. We are plannig a 5 mile road race in June (8K) and she wants to do it in less than an hour, I am scared out of my mind!

Most people do go faster outdoors, I've never run outdoors so I have no clue how I'd do, and don't have anything to track my distance, I'd have to look for an app for my phone.....

January 16th, 2011, 04:44 PM
If you have an Andriod try Cardio Trainer. Its free and awesome.

January 16th, 2011, 04:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DLing now

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search