Mom of boys

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2011, 09:17 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does your LO play with themselves while you change their diapers?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 17th, 2011, 10:33 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of course. Diaper comes off hands go down there smooshing everything. Boys.
January 17th, 2011, 04:05 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Lol. Yup. Has been since he could reach it It is, after all, the best plaything EVER!
January 17th, 2011, 10:01 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
A.J grabs down there whenever the diaper comes off..

I'm not looking forward to the day he realizes it not just a toy..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 17th, 2011 at 10:31 PM.
January 18th, 2011, 04:52 AM
Yeah I am not looking forward to that either.

Brandon plays with himself and he just started to do it. oh the joys!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 18th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
ugh, don't think it stops anytime soon. Both my boys still play with it. Collin thinks it's HILARIOUS to push it in like a button and he giggles saying, "winky lost" then lets go and says "winky back!" all excited.

With Thomas I had to make a rule that if he wanted to touch it he had to go in the bathroom and shut the door. or into his bed. (Everything I've read said to NOT tell them "no" or say it would fall off or anything (my mom used to tell my brother if he touched it when he wasn't peeing or washing himself it would fall off....)

Seriously, Bailey touches with herself so much more than the boys did! I mean I'm shocked she doesn't hurt herself! She grabs, rips, and yanks her labia.

The same things I've read about boys say it is most important with girls not to tell them not to, and to NOT make them feel embarrassed or feel like touching is wrong, but that for little kids (boys and girls), it feels good, and will set the stage for how comfortable they are with their sexuality as an adult. Basically that there is a fine line between encouraging it and discouraging it, and that encouraging can lead to it becoming something they do too often, or something they are afraid to do as an adult. Apparently many women (myself included, took years to overcome) can't or won't reach orgasm as a deep engrained feeling of thinking any pleasure down there is wrong, immoral, or dirty. And that discouraging can make men very unselfconscious when it comes to pleasing their partners, and encouraging can lead to men treating their partner more like an object and less like an equal partner in sex.

I wish I could remember some of the sources, there were a few online, a few books I've bought when Tom and I realized how afraid of an orgasm I was (so glad to be over that rofl), and I read a bit on the subject in my psych course in nursing school.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
yup and when cohen doesn't have underwear on (like after he goes potty and needs help getting them back on) abe tries to grab his penis too

January 18th, 2011, 10:03 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not yet, but I think it's because he always has something in his hands while I change him.
January 18th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
Not yet, but I think it's because he always has something in his hands while I change him.
wow.. He doesn't mess it with during bath time? A.J always has one hand on down there while the other one is playing with a toy during bath time. lol

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 19th, 2011 at 08:45 AM.
January 19th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Brandon has been waking up with a little chubby. I think that is so wrong for a little baby

I am still getting used to having a boy

January 19th, 2011, 07:40 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
my oldest never really went through this phase as a baby either

January 19th, 2011, 08:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
Brandon has been waking up with a little chubby. I think that is so wrong for a little baby

Whatever you do, don't let him ask someone older about it. Tom doesn't always realize he needs to censor himself, and when Thomas asked why his winky was big Tom replied, "don't worry about it. It's just a boner."

Now at least once every few weeks, I have to tell the boys to stop saying it as they run around yelling that they or their brother has a boner. Not so cute after the 1st time.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 19th, 2011, 08:45 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8kiddos View Post
yup and when cohen doesn't have underwear on (like after he goes potty and needs help getting them back on) abe tries to grab his penis too
So this is what my house is going to be like in a little bit! Growing up in a family of 3 girls, I am so not ready for this.

Levi grabs his, too. His absolute favorite is hitting his balls... it looks really uncomfortable! He'll do it even when he has his diaper on and laughs hysterically. BOYS!

January 19th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post

haha.. A.J does too..

I'm still getting use to having a boy.. So different then having a girl..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 19th, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
January 19th, 2011, 11:41 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have to wait 10-20 minutes after wake up, seeing a hard on, on my child just werids me out....

January 19th, 2011, 11:51 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monica- Ben does the same thing! Hits himself and pulls and tugs!! Looks painful!

I don't really pay attention to the little hardon. Just nature and it happens every morning no matter the age or right before he pees. I honestly have never paid any attention to it lol.
January 19th, 2011, 12:38 PM
boys will be boys..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 19th, 2011 at 10:06 PM.
January 20th, 2011, 06:00 AM
I still can't get used to it but I will have to!!

January 20th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
eh, boys are wonderful huh?

January 20th, 2011, 07:50 AM
My little guy loves to giggle during diaper changes, you know when your cleaning.. Is A.J the only one who does that? Please tell me I'm not alone.. lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search