gallbladder issues? *saw doctor

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2011, 11:13 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
* So I ended up calling the doctor and they had me go in. They ran some blood tests that I should have back tomorrow. The doc said it sounds like gallbladder or pancreas, but since I don't have any tenderness it's a good sign.

Other than that everything looks good. Baby was moving a decent amount and is definitely head down atm. *

Has anyone here had gallbladder issues?

I've had a couple days that I've had a acidy, radiating discomfort on the top of my belly. So far it's been bad enough to make me throw up a little. Today is one of those days. I feel AWFUL. DH came home from work early and now I'm just being miserable.

I think it's my gallbladder. My doctor knows that I've had it before and I'm planning on mentioning it to her again at my appointment Friday.

Just wondering if anyone has been through this before and if it sounds like it could be the gallbladder. If you have, what have you used to remedy it?? I'm pretty positive it's not gallstones or anything serious.

This sucks, though.

Last edited by monica8; January 19th, 2011 at 02:56 PM.
January 18th, 2011, 11:18 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ouch! Hope you find a remedy for it.
January 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like acid reflux.

January 18th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Sounds like acid reflux.
Could be. It's unlike any pain I've had before, though, which is what made me think it's something different. My doctor immediately said gallbladder, too, when I told her the symptoms. The only way I'd know for sure would be an u/s though.

January 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm. Susan had hers removed, so she'd be the person to ask.

January 18th, 2011, 12:28 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
DH had his removed as well, I can ask him when he gets home what it felt like and what he could do remedy the pain before they finally took it.

I hope you feel better soon!!
January 18th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Thanks!

I have this peppermint oil that's supposed to help with nausea and that really seemed to do the trick. Pretty remarkable actually.... I felt like death an hour ago and now it's minimal. I'll have to see what my doc says and ask if it could be acid reflux and not the gallbladder.

January 18th, 2011, 02:51 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
KUP about what the dr says. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 18th, 2011, 05:02 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had mine out when I was 15 years old, it sounds like it could be. It is around your right breast, like below it.

Try to stay away from spicy, greasy foods. That will help with the pain.

I am not sure if there is anything you can do to help it besides having a bland diet and having it out.

I hope you feel better.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 18th, 2011, 07:46 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
DH is going through this as we speak! He hasn't been able to eat much for 3-4 months now(if not longer) because he feels sick(like throwing up) after he eats. He has lost about 20lbs. He FINALLy went to the doctor on Saturday. The doctor said right away, that he thinks it's his gall bladder and he's worried about the rapid weight loss. So he sent him to the ER to get an ultrasound done on his gall bladder. BUT you have to fast for about 8 hours to do it. So he ended up not getting one that night. He had an appointment to get one today. We won't find out the results until Friday
The doctors at the ER told DH to have a bland diet for a while. No cheese, no greasy food, spicy, salty...ya know all the good stuff. lol.
Good luck to you! I hope you get to feeling better soon!!!!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
January 18th, 2011, 09:13 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I haven't experienced anything like that, but i hope you feel better and that the peppermint continues to work. hugs!

January 19th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthasMommy09 View Post
He hasn't been able to eat much for 3-4 months now(if not longer) because he feels sick(like throwing up) after he eats.
That's how I've been. After the first time a month ago I couldn't eat meat anymore.

I think it was just the end of that "wave" when I felt better. The rest of the day I was in a lot of pain and threw up a few more times. Calling the doctor once they open. I'm wondering if their u/s tech can look for it or if I'd need to go to a special doctor. It's so hard to find someone to watch Levi, so I keep putting things off.

January 19th, 2011, 05:16 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you can get in and be seen and you can get some comfort

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 19th, 2011, 09:57 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It could be your gall bladder or it could be reflux.

I had mine taken out 2 years ago. It was severe pain under my lower right ribs, the center of my chest and in my back/shoulders. I honestly felt like I was having a heart attack it was so bad. Pregnancy can make it worse and 2 pregnancies so close together can really take it's toll on your GB.

Unfortunately, they often can't do anything about it while you're pregnant because the only fix is surgery which is risky during pregnancy and can only be done during the 2nd trimester I think.

Definitely talk to your doctor. They can give you something for the pain. I know taking pain meds often isn't the greatest while pregnant but they'll give you the safest ones possible and honestly such intense pain causes so much stress on you and the baby that taking the meds is a better option.

Eat the blandest diet possible. Stay away from anything fatty, greasy or spicy for sure.

January 19th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I hope it not that and just acid reflux my sister had to have hers removed two weeks after having her son so ihope it is not that
Hope you feel better

January 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i had my gallbladder removed in 1999 when Ashleigh was 4 months old. I had gallstones. My attacks would be in the center of my chest and in the same spot on my back. I also would throw up from the pain. To me the pain was worst then going through childbirth.

January 19th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey monica i agree w/susieq it could be either gallbaladder or refulx i expereince early in this pregnacy and it was soooo uncomfortable i could not eat anything , everything i ate would come right back up , if i swallowed it would hurt so bad it sent a pain right in the middle of my chest , laying down made it worse and i lost weight from it becaus ei just could not eat and tolerate the pain , finally let the doctor know because i could not take it and had an ultrasound done to see if it was gallbladder but when i got the results he said i didnt have any stones , he said it still could be gallbladder issues but he said he thinks im having reflux issues so i was prescibe some medicine which worked but i still get that bad pain under my chest arm , face and legs it just radiates all on my right side. hopefully you can get some answers soon!

January 20th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
keep us posted!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search