Baby (toddler) wearing.. Anyone still wear their baby?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm just wondering if I'm the only one.. And if you still are, post some pictures.. I would love to see them..

I took A.J out last weekend to the park and I had a blast wearing him.. It's been a few months since I wore him that long and I found that my legs got a good work out.. Not use to that extra 20 pounds. But over all, he was not heavy at all.. I could have worn him all day..

I also have a video I made of our day at the park(s).. If you want to see it, let me know and I can post it in the private forums..

January 19th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Yes for hikes we wear her in our keltypack iwillhave to see ifi have any pictures

January 19th, 2011, 12:13 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
no, I haven't worn Catie in a couple of months now. I'm not sure if she'd let me now, if i tried or not.

January 19th, 2011, 12:19 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought a total of 4 different slings/carriers and Ben let me wear him twice. He was not a fan! Always preferred to be able to move all appendages at all times lol! Can't imagine the fit he'd throw if I tried to put him in one now.

AJ always looks so cute and calm in his!! Thats cool he'll still let you wear him
January 19th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yes i still do , as a matter of fact i wore her yesterday to the post office , needed to send off a package and wore her in , i have an Ergo. i dont have any recent pictuers.

January 19th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Yes I still wear her for walks and such in our K'tan. My DH loves to wear her all the time.

January 19th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Not since Summer, but i don't usually wear much in the winter, only when needed.. but last time I put her in the peanut shell it was a tight fit to get her into the hip carry, which made no sense since i can still get Collin into it fine... I really want to get a woven wrap so I can wear her on my back next summer and do some hiking..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 19th, 2011, 02:23 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Yep. I still wear Liam pretty frequently. He does not tolerate it well at certain venues (like he would have wanted to TEAR up that park!!) But in stores he is fine or if I am taking a walk. We have a mei tai and I still wear him belly-to-belly. Every so often I will put him on my hip or back. But mostly belly.

Here is a pic from about 6 weeks ago when we were in Florida. I have not taken a more recent one. (We have that hoodie too!)

January 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Here is dh with her she was having a clingy day but we rarely wear her in that wrap anymore as she is so heavy

January 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still wear Ashlynn though not as often now that I'm 5mo pregnant. She loves being worn in the BabyHawk which I can't say enough good things about!

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

January 19th, 2011, 06:22 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Big fat NOOOOO!!! Sergio is like a ton of bricks! I was ready to pass on my Ergo anyway this month to a coworker who is due next month. But after he seemingly gained a couple more lbs I could not even think of wearing him even in the Ergo. I don't know exactly what he weighs but it is suddenly VERY close to how his almost 3-year-old brother feels in my arms. Ugh, my back.

January 20th, 2011, 12:27 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
well i'm pretty pregnant now so i'm not sure how comfortable that would be. plus the kid refuses to walk and the last thing he needs is for me to encourage his laziness

he and cohen are probably only 5lbs different.

January 20th, 2011, 05:50 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't worn him in a while. He is probably too heavy now

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 20th, 2011, 06:17 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I haven't worn Jillian in a long time. Once she learned how to move on her own she wanted to parts in being held still in any way! She is Little Miss Independent.

January 20th, 2011, 08:59 AM
I'm so glad to know some of us are still baby wearing..

I loved all of the pictures posted.. Liam and Elise looks so comfy being worn..

People always ask me what carrier I have and I even had one women get excited when she saw me.. She said I was the only one she's seen here with a Beco, she's also a Beco user.. It's crazy how you get familiar with each pack.. Last Fall I saw a mom with a AngelPack and her little girl would go off and play and then come back to be held.. I saw her reach up to her mom and it was such a sweet sight seeing her snuggle and then go back and play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8kiddos View Post
plus the kid refuses to walk and the last thing he needs is for me to encourage his laziness
haha.. A.J is the same way..

And being pregnant, I wouldn't wear him either..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo&Sergiosmom View Post
Big fat NOOOOO!!! Sergio is like a ton of bricks! .
hehe.. A.J is 20 lbs, so he is light and still short.. He isn't long enough to put his arms over the straps.. So I can't imagine carrying him if he was 30 lbs +

I'm surprised the Ergo isn't working well for you.. I've always heard good reviews on it.. Usually it's Ergo verses Beco.. hehe..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 20th, 2011 at 09:18 AM.
January 20th, 2011, 09:07 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Echo still brings me my sling to put on. She's getting too heavy for it though. I'm looking at buying a MeiTei so that I can carry her on my back.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
January 20th, 2011, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post

AJ always looks so cute and calm in his!! Thats cool he'll still let you wear him
I'm sorry baby wearing didn't work for you..

A.j is a snuggle bug.. He is very clingy to me.. But who knows how long it will last, he's not full blown walking yet, so who knows if he would want me to carry him when he does.

January 20th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
Echo still brings me my sling to put on. She's getting too heavy for it though. I'm looking at buying a MeiTei so that I can carry her on my back.
How sweet.. You'll love the MeiTai.. I had the BH Oh Snap, but it didn't work out for me.. But still it's a wonderful carrier..

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search