Now that they are older

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Have you thought about re-doing their room? Making it more of a big kid room instead of a nursery.

I never did up a nursery for A.J, because I knew that we would be making him a big boy room when he turned 1 year old.. But I'm having a hard time deciding how to decorate it.. It's a toss up between a sports theme and a space theme.

January 19th, 2011, 01:54 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're only renting so can't really decorate but now that Lucy is older we have made her room more her room by moving out the boxes and other things we were storing in there. Most of her toys are now also in her room, even though she takes them into Jassie's room to play with.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 19th, 2011, 02:12 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. It is going to stay a nursery as long as possible. He will be our only child and I am not ready to make it into a big boy room yet.
January 19th, 2011, 02:14 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I was actually just gonna ask a similar question! But Liam's room is NEVER changing! Lol. We had a mural painted on the wall of our childhood dogs playing and I really want to keep it there as long as possible. We might change some of the more "baby" things in the next couple years. But not the painting, just decor. Untill he demands it...then we might relent.

I vote space...that is such a great theme. You can go so many different ways.
January 19th, 2011, 02:17 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh, I like the space theme too.
January 19th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I agree with space, right now her room is light blue, dark blue, brown, and tan star theme ( we use removable star decals as we rent ) so i plan on keeping that as is and making our third room her girly room i have been getting things piece by piece and the furniture is off-white with flowers so far I have a dresser and headboard i am waiting until we get out tax refund to get a mattress as that is something that i want a really nice one for her

January 19th, 2011, 02:33 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emily and Abby share a room. Emily is obsessed with Snow White, so she has Snow White bedding (it's all the princesses, actually, lamp, etc.. Abby has a matching Princess quilt for when she moves to Em's matching twin bed.

January 19th, 2011, 02:35 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We are expecting #2 in May and the girls will share a room so it will be a double nursery for now. We will update it when we move them to big girl beds.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

January 19th, 2011, 02:55 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope, it's only getting more babyish when the new baby starts sleeping in there.

January 19th, 2011, 03:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
what's a nursery?

Thomas was my only kid to have one and it only lasted a few short months before we moved again....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 19th, 2011, 06:17 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're getting ready to build our "forever" house and I have thought about switching it over if he's ready. But I am not sure he'll be ready. Right now he thrashes about so much, I like him contained in the crib. I worry that he would get up and roam around if we tried to go to the big bed now. But maybe in 6 mos. when the house is built things will be different. Our ped also said 36" is the recommendation for switching them although we did Hugo at about 33" and he did fine.

Right now the plan is to keep the nursery linens and the crib, which converts to a toddler bed with rail. We didn't do the toddler bed with Hugo, but it might work for Sergio. If we do the crib there won't be other furniture in the room and we'll make his room like a giant playroom.

If he seems to want a big bed by then we have a full bedroom suite coming to us and I would use that for him and get Hugo the bunk bed I promised him. For decor, I was thinking of NY Yankees. (although the wall art I was planning to use as the centerpiece, got destroyed when our house flooded )

January 19th, 2011, 06:21 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've had the crib in my room, but recently moved it into my oldests room. Im gonna keep him in the crib until he's too big them he's going to get my oldests bed. I was going to get a toddler bed but decided against it. When I transition him then I will get him new bedding. Right now the room is kinda baby/older kid room anyway.
January 19th, 2011, 09:04 PM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We took the side off the crib a while ago, I have an extra mattress laying beside the bed so if he rolls out he lands on that. Once we get our tax return we are going to change his room from the jungle theme to a motocross theme.

January 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Jillian was in our room until right after she turned 10 months. We moved her into what had been my DSD's room so it was already more of a big girl room only she's in a crib. It's bright pink and purple so it's very girly but not babyish other than the crib.

January 19th, 2011, 10:26 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the nursery in Red tan and brown, so it has never been babyish... Cute, but never babyish.

I plan to keep it this way for awhile, with the exception of turning our convertible bed into toddler - twin as we go.... Oh and remove the changing pad off the dresser...

January 20th, 2011, 12:22 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
the boys have been sharing a room since august so the nursery theme sort of went away then, though he is still in the crib. last weekend we bought his big boy bed though so that in march/april we can transition him out of the crib. i got a great deal on the curious george bedding from pbk a while ago and it matches almost perfectly with cohen's dr seuss theme.

January 20th, 2011, 06:33 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander's room is blue with stars I might take down the stars and clouds but that is it.

I will change the theme when he is a little older

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search