Well Check: FAIL!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 20th, 2011, 08:19 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam had his 15 month well-check this morning (that sounds so much older than 14 months). It took them 10 solid minutes to get a weight, we had to do it the "me stand on a scale and weigh him" technique, so it was not very specific (he is between 23 and 24lbs, but we don't know where, I would guess right in the middle). And we had to hold him down for a length (31''...shortie!) But the real failure was that he has an ear infection. So no shots today. Our well-check turned into a sick visit and we left with a script and an appt for another "well check" next month. Poor kid He had not shown any signs of the ear infection yet, so it was a shock to even me. At least it explains why he has been impossible lately...I thought it was just a crappy stage. That always makes me feel worse when I don't know and think he is just being a pill. Hopefully his next well-check he will actually be WELL!
January 20th, 2011, 08:22 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh no!! That stinks. My oldest only had one ear infection his whole life and I had no clue. No symptoms at all. You always feel bad when you don't know. I hope he starts feeling better soon!!
January 20th, 2011, 08:26 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm sorry sweetie.. I think Liam and A.J are about the same.. It's good to know I'm not the only one with a little guy that's a shortie.. I was so excited the other day when I found cute Carter pants, they are the khaki kind of material.. It was 12 months and I said, these will fit! Well, they didn't fall of the waist (yay!) but when he crawled or walked, his feet disappeared, still to long.. I was so bummed about it.. Why is it so hard to find pants for my 15 month old.. I'm sure you can relate to this..

Don't be hard on yourself about the ear infection. Was it severe? With ears, it can be fine one day and then full blown infected the next day.. You just never know.. . A.J never has the typical signs.. I just go on my mommy instincts.. If he grumpy, take him in.. 75% of the time, I'm right..

January 20th, 2011, 08:34 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I am really big on instincts too. They are rarely off. It was not a bad infection yet...so I would have had him in to the doc's in the next couple days if I had not been there today. Usually the fever pops then the next day it is a full-blown infection. So he did not present the fever yet, but it might have been there later today. And I will try to get him in as soon as the fever shows up. But honestly, he has been sooo grumpy for the past month (I assumed molars...they are huge and swollen), that I chalked it up to a stage and teeth. I am not beating myself up too much...I just feel bad that he feels bad and I was not being as "loving" as I could have been. I like to cuddle him a bit more when he is sick And I tend to be a bit more understanding of the whining when he is sick.

But yeah, Liam is short too. He is in the 47th percentile...so average I guess. But his legs are short! He wears 12 month pants too...but Old Navy ones are too long. It can be very hard to find clothes for a short-legged baby. I pulled out some 18 month pants from his drawer the other day and held them up...he has literally three inches before he can wear them!! Maybe in the fall?? Next winter?? I guess I save money
January 20th, 2011, 08:49 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Poor Liam.. I'm sure you'll give him lots of cuddling today.. The good news is you caught it before it really hurt him..

I hope your next visit goes well and Liam corporates a little better..

And it's crazy the difference in length between 12 months and 18 months.. My daughter grows slowly, I've learned to buy the next size up so I can use it for 2 years..

January 20th, 2011, 09:09 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no!! I hope he's feeling better soon.
Abby is a shorty too, she's only 12% for height and 15% for weight.

January 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hugs at least now you know and old navy pants run really long Elise always outgrows the waist before the length of only old navy

January 20th, 2011, 11:10 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he feels better soon.
Xander has an ear infection was diagnosed on Monday and he is already feeling better

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 20th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Poor baby I hope it clears fast!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 20th, 2011, 03:43 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor baby. I hope the meds work quickly!

January 22nd, 2011, 04:32 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he feels better soon and that your next appointment goes a little better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search