Change?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2011, 07:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What do you with you're change?
Does it go into a piggy bank/container?
How often do you cash it in?
When shopping, do you give them just bills, or do you give them the change as well?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 21st, 2011, 08:30 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At the moment all change that I get is going to the Children's Leukemia drive that we are having at work.

Usually it goes into a cup at home and then into buckets in the garage. We save for quite a while before we cash it in. Before we had Billy, we used it on our trip to Wyoming, or was it Australia? I can't remember. Anyway, it was about $3000 in change. Dh had been collected it for years, even before we got married.

Change we collect now is for Billy's college fund.

Oh and when shopping I rarely give change, only if is rounds out the amount or if I have exact change on me.
January 21st, 2011, 11:37 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It goes to the bottom of my purse and then I clean it out.

I try to save it and put some in the kids piggy banks.

If I have exact change I will use it at the stores

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 21st, 2011, 10:41 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What do you with you're change?
Does it go into a piggy bank/container? It all goes into a container.
How often do you cash it in? Very rarely. We use it when we need bread or milk or something small during the week.
When shopping, do you give them just bills, or do you give them the change as well? Neither. Debit Card, unless its only a few things that we have enough in change for.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 22nd, 2011, 05:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
My change goes into my purse, my wallet, my pen container, and a big Jack Daniels bottle I stole from the bowling alley (well the manager gave it to me but I wasn't supposed to take it..)

We use the quarters for laundry, and I try to hide the rest before Tom cashes it in when we are tight on cash. Before using/Collin, I had saved almost $2,500, in the 2.5 years Thomas had been around as I knew I was never going to be able to save much for him. A lot of it had been 50 cent pieces and 1 dollar coins, oh and a dozen or so $2 bills. It was all cashed in for dope.

Now, I hide it from myself and Tom, in one of Bailey's barely used drawers.

I do use it quite often when out. When at a register I grab a small handful from my purse or zip open that part of my wallet. I almost *always* give exact change, unless I'm in a drive through.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Last edited by MommaDucks; January 22nd, 2011 at 05:11 AM.
January 22nd, 2011, 07:12 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
What do you with you're change? DH and I put all of our change in Samantha's piggy bank.
Does it go into a piggy bank/container? Yep. Piggy bank.
How often do you cash it in? We've been collecting changed since my baby shower (September '09) and still haven't cashed it in. It's not completely full yet, but whenever we do cash it in, we'll open a saving account for her and put the money in there and do it all over again.
When shopping, do you give them just bills, or do you give them the change as well? Both.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
January 22nd, 2011, 02:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
The quarters normally get spent dh uses it in vending machines at work for for Elise to ride the helicopter at the movies rental place we cash in the rst about once a year and it is all over the house. I normally don't put it in a piggy bank for Elise but any check sent for her goes in her savings account and we put $25 in it each month she already has about 600 in her account

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search