Do you like your neighborhood?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 05:49 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Is it kid friendly? Or do you hope to move?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 26th, 2011, 06:00 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like my neighborhood! It's pretty small, mostly old people. We're kind of right in the middle of other towns though, so it kind of seems like one big city.

January 26th, 2011, 06:10 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. We live on the 2nd busiest street in our town with 3 houses next to us, 4 across the street, then just big businesses. Behind us is section 8 housing, which doesn't make me too comfortable. The cops are there a lot. The traffic going by on the busy street 24-7 bothers me, especially at night. I'm more of a country girl.

That being said, if the same exact house we live in was in a different location, I'd love it. We live on about an acre of land, with tons of mature trees. The backyard is super private in the summer and my aunt (our landlord) loves gardening, so there are lots of beautiful plants.

We're definitely moving in the next 3 years, but really whenever we can afford to buy.

January 26th, 2011, 07:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I think everyone on JM/FB knows how I feel about my neighborhood and neighbors.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 26th, 2011, 10:46 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hate our neighborhood. That's another reason we're moving. My actual complex is nice, it's like a little neighborhood and I like all of my neighbors, but the complexes down about a half mile away are disgusting and really bad stuff goes down there. The cops are always down there. I have NEVER lived anywhere with such a heavy police presence in my life. It makes me very uncomfortable. About 6 months into living here I noticed that the bad stuff is moving down our direction. I won't let my son take the trash out alone anymore because there are dumpster divers out on occasion!

So as soon as our lease is up we're out. I'm tired of seeing cops, dumpster divers and having random people (despite the fact it's a gated community) knock on my door wanting goodness knows what. It sounds like we live in the ghetto lol! We don't really, if you could see the landscaping around my place you'd never guess anything bad happens here. I'm surrounded by mountains and $500,000 homes on the back of the complex. I only had a week at the time to find this place, wish I would have known better. . But thankfully we are out come March!!!!
January 26th, 2011, 12:32 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yup! We're close to lots of things and most people are friendly. Even when we buy we won't be going far away.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 26th, 2011, 12:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I like my neighbors and our apartment complex is nice but its just so freakin small!!! I have no yard or place for Liana to play so it gets cramped in here. We are trying to buy a house but the deal is not looking good right now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search