Kid shows...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
We always ask what shows the kids like and what not....

Which children's shows do YOU like?
Which do you despise?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I DESPISE Dora and Sponge Bob, neither are allowed on here. I can't stand backyardigans either.. I can't stand Nick..period. LOL

I don't mind any of the Disney shows. I like Handy Manny, so Does DH. I like Chuggington too, they have funny phrases. "Oh Bumpers!" Emily says that all the time now.

January 26th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so the opposite. I can't stand much of Dinsey, except Phineas and Ferb and Mickey Mouse Club House.

Tom and I are known for watching Spongebob and iCarly after the kids leave the room.

I love Yo Gaba Gaba, Team Umizoomi, Backyardigans, Spongebob (as much as many parents hate it lol)

We have a Spongebob CD that has a song about not swearing and replacing the words, and now both boys run around saying, "oh barnacles" "fishpaste"

I absolutely despise Diego, though I can sit through Dora. And while I can sit through most of Disney, I cannot even hear Special Agent Oso! :/

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 26th, 2011, 09:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I haver never really watched kids shows each night I put on a baby einstien DVD for elise I don't mind those
I really hate Barney and telitubbies

January 26th, 2011, 10:08 AM
AddysMom24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to AddysMom24
We like Backyardigans and mickey mouse club house.

I dont mind either of them and Addy loves them. She started saying mickey mouse all the time!

I dont really like Yo Gabba Gabba it is just weird to me! I also dont like Dora are Diego to much.

my siggy was made by *Kiliki*

January 26th, 2011, 10:11 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't stand most kid shows. I have a low tolerance. I like old school sesame street and things with puppets. HATE CGI.

I remember from babysitting that I HATED Max and Ruby. Where are there parents? That sister is so annoying too!

Thomas gets to me, too. It's so boring. I remember watching that as a kid when I was home sick and it always made me feel even sicker because it was so slowly paced.

I'm so happy Levi doesn't watch kids shows yet.

January 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok Nicole- good to know I'm not the only one that watches Spongebob! Altho that being said I'm spongebobbed out. I have watched so much the last 10 years I can watch no more lol. We all watch iCarly as a family tho! Even hubby watches it! Sam's our fave lol!

Monica- Max and Ruby.....Ruby and Max! Yeah where are their parents!??? Ruby is such a bossy sister, poor Max! I agree too about Thomas. It's SO slow and boring and quite honestly those trains creep me the h*** out LOL! that show leaves me feeling icky.

Ben doesn't really watch any kids shows on tv. He likes his Baby Einstein DVDs and I have a ton of old school Sesame Street stuff on DVD he loves. You know from back in the day when Cookie Monster was allowed to love his cookies!

He has watched Diego once, but didn't care for it. If he watches any programming it's King of the Hill. He dances to the theme song lol.
January 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yo Gabba Gabba freaks me the *** out! It's like an advertisement for acid!

Oso isn't a favorite but he doesn't bother me either.
I hate shows that YELL instead of talk, DORA! Ugh!

We watch Disney, PBS and HUB.

January 26th, 2011, 12:58 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What Paula? You don't like Dora shouting at you!!? Her and her little football shaped head get on my last nerve LOL!
January 26th, 2011, 01:42 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Love Spongebob. Besides that there isn't much I love.

Hate on the other hand. I hate Charlie and Lola, no parents, and Lola is such a little brat! I also can't stand 3rd and Bird. I hate shows that talk in silly voices and incorrect grammar and speech. Except for Wonder Pets, that show is adorable.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 26th, 2011, 02:36 PM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
As embarrassing as this is, I watch the Wiggles - I love them. LOL Barney is OK, but I HATE HATE HATE Thomas and Kipper. Obviously we watch a lot of Sprout TV here! I also like Caliou.

And I do like the Backyardigans, but I don't get to catch it that often since it's not on Sprout. LOL
January 26th, 2011, 05:00 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaS. View Post
Obviously we watch a lot of Sprout TV here!
I wish we had sprout. I can actually tolerate some of the stuff on it. That lady in her pj's that hosts at night cracks me up. I wonder what kind of person she is in real life to be hosting that.

January 26th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
OMG I STILL love Barney. Thomas finally says he hates it and gets mad at me when I bring up him begging me too watch it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and Morning! Now it's Collin and Bailey's turn, they especially love the old school VHS's I have from my childhood and picking up all overthe place

I remember watching the very first yo gaba gaba episode while pregnant with collin and LOVING the party in my tummy song! And then the "dont bite your friends" was the next. Yea, LOVE YGG!

Max and Ruby piss me off. Mainly bc Ruby reminds me of myself as a kid with my brother

Thomas is definitely WAY too slow!

LOVE Caiiou, but HATE his whining! I swear that's where Thomas gets it!!

Tags
qotd , television

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search