Are you happy?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

View Poll Results: Are you happy?
1 0 0%
2 1 7.14%
3 1 7.14%
4 0 0%
5 1 7.14%
6 1 7.14%
7 1 7.14%
8 7 50.00%
9 0 0%
10 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I'm going to post a poll, on a scale of one to ten (Happiest), how happy are you? No explanation needed, but bonus points for saying that you voted (remember, more than 2 word replies!)

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I voted a 10 because I love my life as a Mom and a wife. LOL No, seriously, I have an amazing husband, beautiful healthy girls. We're not rich by any means but we live a comfortable life, we have a home and a goofy dog, strange cats.
I love our house, even though it needs some work.
I can't imagine my life being with anyone else or not having my husband in it.
I feel so honored that I get to be the Mom of my three girls! I often think getting to have three girls is my reward for putting up with my 2 brothers and never having a sister. LOL
I might not be rich and famous, might not be able to afford luxurious vacations and fancy clothes but my relationship with my husband and my girls by far out weighs that.

January 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I am and I voted a 10! I actually was analyzing my current happiness level just yesterday and am kinda bursting at the seams right now. Ever since we found out we got the new place and will be moving I have had this total sense of calm, yet accompanied by giddiness if that makes sense lol. Mentally I'm calm and content, but outside jumping up and down. Through my sudden sense of contentment some other things are happening to in other areas of our lives.

This is really good for me because I'm sort of coming off of 2 years of nit being happy. Nothing to do with hubby or kids, just my own crap and in 09 it was hubby's old boss. I decided back in December that 2011 would be different and so far it is!

I really am digging this new contentment thing lol. I guess I've always been one to want to improve on things etc and about a month ago I really feel like God was telling to enjoy and appreciate the things I've been blessed with. I started doing that and wonderful things have been happening.

Paula- what you wrote was beautiful!! Ditto to all of that!

Last edited by catherineclare; January 27th, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
January 27th, 2011, 07:10 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I believe that has A LOT to do with it. If you decide things will be good and you'll be happy, the rest just kind of flows.

January 27th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
When I strictly think of just my family, I'm at a 10. But when I put them aside, I feel so much closer to a 0. This time of year is really hard on me and add in typical winter blues, my depression is getting the better of me. If I had my way I'd climb in bed and stay there until spring. I keep telling myself, while yes things can be better, but they could also be so much worse. I have to keep reminding myself were I was mentally 3 years ago at this time. Anytime I think things can't get/feel any worse I try to remember how horrible 2008 was. If I answered this two months ago, or two months from now my answer would be much higher, but for now, I'm smack dab in the middle.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I took this to mean how happy am i today, so I said 8. Abe and Cohen have had a rough week. With life in general, I am absolutely 100% satisfied and happy with everything I have that I don't deserve.

January 27th, 2011, 08:16 AM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted an 8 ... almost a 10 but ... the struggles with trying to get preggo, our house being SO underwater, and the lack of a raise for the 5th year in a row ... bump it down to an 8

January 27th, 2011, 08:37 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also put an 8. I am sooooooo in love with my husband and think he is the most amazing man ever. I didnt know anyone could be so perfectly suited for me My world revolves around my little girl and she is of course the best thing ever. What bumps it down is our work situations. I got bumped from a job I loved into a much lower position. It's actually working out ok now, but not really what I wanted. My husband HATES his job. It makes him miserable on Sundays to go back to it. But we are employed with good pay so we arent going to complain too much
January 27th, 2011, 08:48 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I voted. I am a solid 8. I am very anxious (no meds right now), but that is the only thing that keeps me from being entirely happy. I am content and I have to say that I am pleased with being an 8. If you had asked me a month ago, I would have said a 5. Things have started to look up, all around
January 27th, 2011, 09:38 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I voted an 8. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love my life, my husband spoils me and he couldn't be any greater if I picked him from a catalog, my dd is my life, can't wait to meet my soon to be here little guy, and we live a very comfortable life. The only thing that stops it from being a 10 is that I miss my mom very much and I do not live as close to my brothers/sisters as I wish I did. I miss them.

Also, and this may sound CRAZY to some of you, but I still miss working. I haven't worked since I was 5 or 6 mths preggers with Bella, but I miss it! LOVE LOVE LOVE being able to be home with her, but I miss being an important part of the grown up world.
January 27th, 2011, 09:42 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am mainly happy with my family life. Just wish I was skinnier and that my house was organized and clean but I am working on that.

I LOVE MY FAMILY

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 27th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I voted 8, i love my life but with that being said I am notam overly emotional person so i will never be bursting happiness

January 27th, 2011, 12:27 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Honestly, I'm in a big funk of late, so no, not too happy at all.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 27th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I voted a 2... its been a long week.

Tags
poll , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search