Anyone's LO a climber?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 09:10 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
In the last few days Abe has been climbing everything he can. His favorite is up my kitchen chairs and onto the kitchen table. Driving me nuts!!!

Anyone else have a climber?

January 27th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
kitchen table here too.. I HATE it! I am constantly finding Bailey sitting up there, and tom doesn't understand that with Bailey you CAN'T let her out of the room for more than a few seconds with out her climbing onto the table/counters/stove. Yes, stove! Or in the toilet/litter box.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 27th, 2011, 09:19 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, we have a climber, too. Luckily he can't get out of his crib yet!

He gets into everything in general. He was trying to mess with the stove burner yesterday, so I ended up starting a "time out." I just put him in his crib for a minute. Same with dancing on the coffee table. I put him in his crib. I can't have him doing things where he's most likely going to hurt himself! He tried climbing our tall bookshelf. Thankfully he hasn't tried that in a few days.

Hayley, are you going to move Abe out of his crib before the baby, or are you going to keep him in there as long as possible?

January 27th, 2011, 09:36 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Yah, we just bought him a big boy bed (waiting on a call to set up delivery). We still need to get the mattress, but we'll probably buy it in March, and I've already got the bedding. We did the same with Cohen when I was pregnant with Abe. Luckily at nap time he sleeps in my bed or Cohen's so he's used to a big bed anyway. I think we'll take the roll guard off of Cohen's bed and put it on Abe's when we transition him. That also means we've got to put the gate up in their doorway so that if he climbs down at night he'll be stuck in his room and not wandering the house.

January 27th, 2011, 09:46 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We have a climber too. He likes the dining room table, the entry table, the toilet, etc. He doesn't seem to try the bookshelves or his crib yet. But he can certainly climb anything he wants to! It doesn't bother me, I just have to follow him like a hawk!
January 27th, 2011, 10:42 AM
GinaS.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Bella will climb on anything! The other day I caught her standing on top of two diaper boxes that she had stacked. She was trying to climb up on the table in our family room that I am using as a changing table! She also knocks over her shopping cart and climbs on top of that too!
January 27th, 2011, 10:48 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YEs, Brandon is a climber. He climbs into DH's chair and then rocks and then looks around all proud of himself

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 27th, 2011, 12:37 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby tries to climb but is too short. LOL She loves to climb on her little Minnie table and chairs though. I find her standing on those all the time. She tries to climb on the couch, she's too short for her tiny legs to reach though. LOL
We don't have a coffee table and I keep the gate up, so she can't climb anything else. LOL Although, she does climb the gate.

January 27th, 2011, 01:25 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy loves to climb. And she's smart. She goes and gets Jassie's step to aid her in her climbing. Especially when she wants to climb up onto the dining chairs.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 27th, 2011, 03:22 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sergio is too. His favorite is also using the chairs to get on top of the table.

January 27th, 2011, 07:10 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Yup. On every chair we own, the table, the cat. If she sees something up high she is gonna figure out how to get it. Already getting bruises from falling.

January 27th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
Lucy loves to climb. And she's smart. She goes and gets Jassie's step to aid her in her climbing. Especially when she wants to climb up onto the dining chairs.
That is Bailey! She carries the chairs to the little kids table all around and uses them to climb onto everything. This evening, when I came home from the gym, Tom was in the kitchen plating dinner and Bailey was sitting ON the tv stand, right in front of the television, legs just hanging down swinging.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 28th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Sadiesmomma's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Sadiesmomma Send a message via Yahoo to Sadiesmomma Send a message via Skype™ to Sadiesmomma
Luckily no climbing here yet! Sadie's a bit of a scardie cat lol! I'm thinking she's going to get currious because I keep my three yearold niece throughout the day and she climbs up the chair at the kitchen table to eat her lunch and snacks! I'm crossing my fingers that I don't have to worry about it for a while

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search