Tax Time

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Have you filed your taxes yet?
If you haven't are you still waiting for W2's?
Any big purchases planned this year?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 28th, 2011, 08:39 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, ours are filed and we're just waiting now.
Yes, we're ripping out the carpet in our dining room and putting new hard wood floors in the dining and kitchen and We're re-doing our kitchen counter tops, also replacing our patio door and I think front door.

January 28th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
We are waiting for a few things from the bank, i think we are going to try and visit family this year or if we have enough pay off our car

January 28th, 2011, 10:33 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you filed your taxes yet? no
If you haven't are you still waiting for W2's? still waiting on one W-2 and other information that i need.
Any big purchases planned this year? nope we are just saving.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

January 28th, 2011, 11:00 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We already filed and are picking up the check today!

Yes, we have plans. Straight away a big chunk is going straight into savings, but then we're taking some and getting a lot of things we need. Since we're moving, we're getting a new living room set, a few things for the boys room and new kitchen stuff for me. Oh and new tires for my car!
January 28th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
not yet here, still waiting for my one and only W2, we plan on catching up and paying off the rent and current bills and buying a new mattress for ourselves.

If there is anything left we will split it down the middle and put have on some old bills, and the other half Tom and I will split for spending money.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 28th, 2011, 02:45 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We don't do them till the end of the fiscal year, so June/July. We don't get enough of a refund to do anything major. We're lucky to get a couple of hundred.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

January 28th, 2011, 03:08 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We filed and our refund should be direct deposited on 2/4. We're getting $7068 back and we're going to pay all bills down so that we are completely debt free when baby#2 arrives in May. We're putting 1k in our daughter's savings. Then putting the rest in our Savings towards a new car this year.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

January 28th, 2011, 07:13 PM
How are you getting that much back with 1 kid? We have 3 kids and aren't getting that much back.

January 28th, 2011, 08:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Working on ours now. Will most likely put it toward debt or the house if we get it.

January 28th, 2011, 11:48 PM
I was wondering the same thing Paula LOL!
January 28th, 2011, 11:59 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Have you filed your taxes yet? No.. Not yet
If you haven't are you still waiting for W2's? Yes, waiting on mine
Any big purchases planned this year? Not sure.. Put most of it in savings.

I'm really curious how much we'll get back because this will be the first year we owned our home..

January 29th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
ugh, I totally forget and just got excited at the thought of money, any we have left after mattress and bills is going towards the (hopefully) new place in June. Sounds so much better to me!

Is it weird this is the first year I'm actually excited?? Every year after the 1st year we were married we had to file injured spouse to get something back, which meant having to wait until the middle of the summer before seeing out check. This is the very first year in the 11 years I've been with Tom he doesn't owe child support or back taxes I am so freaking excited!!

January 29th, 2011, 06:46 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Have you filed your taxes yet? Nope. I think DH's store's tax person does ours. I've never actually done taxes.

Any big purchases planned this year? Just the medical bills from the baby.

January 29th, 2011, 07:26 AM
Monica- if you are filing jointly, which you should be now that you're married I believe you will have to sign the paperwork too. I know that's what I always have to do, but we go to H&R Block so I have to give them all of my info even tho I don't have a w2. Might be different with a private accountant? Still tho filing jointly and claiming Levi will get you the most money back.
January 29th, 2011, 08:42 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Monica- if you are filing jointly, which you should be now that you're married I believe you will have to sign the paperwork too. I know that's what I always have to do, but we go to H&R Block so I have to give them all of my info even tho I don't have a w2. Might be different with a private accountant? Still tho filing jointly and claiming Levi will get you the most money back.
Oh yeah, now I remember signing something last year. I'm such a ditz when it comes to remembering stuff like that.

I forgot about getting money back. So fun! Plus having another baby, I think we get a tax break next year. Taxes suck when they take them, but it is always a pleasant surprise when you get a return.

The first year I filed taxes I think I got 67 cents as my return. It was definitely less than a dollar. That was anti climactic.

January 29th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
Taxes suck when they take them, but it is always a pleasant surprise when you get a return.

The first year I filed taxes I think I got 67 cents as my return. It was definitely less than a dollar. That was anti climactic.
^-- We are trying to break even.. I'd rather not give the gov't a interest free loan and then fear of getting a IOU.. Which happened to a few states last year.. I figured, if the U.S goes bankrupt.. I don't want them taking my money and me not getting it back.. I would be so upset.. Luckily, my state is a conservative state so I know that won't really happen here.. hehe

YouTube - Could State Tax Returns Be IOU's

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; January 29th, 2011 at 10:44 AM.
January 29th, 2011, 12:01 PM
We're expecting something like $450 back from the state of California. I am fully expecting to see an IOU since this state is broke and getting broker.

Last edited by catherineclare; January 29th, 2011 at 12:58 PM.
January 29th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Really? We couldn't have a conversation involving taxes without it going political? And for the record, no one got a federal IOU, there is a difference between state tax and federal tax.

Anyway, Yes Monica you will have to sign something. Jay does ours and I just sign, he does them all online, takes him maybe 30 minutes.

Also, you get $1,000 per child (for up to 4 children, I believe) for the child tax credit. So yes, having another will give you a tax break next year. We get $3,000 just for the girls.

January 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Right difference between state and federal. Our federal return is sitting in the bank as of today. Who knows if we will actually get our state return. I'm personally not counting on it. This state is so broke that even the DMV is way backed up on issuing new licenses due to not having enough employees to process things on time. This state is in serious trouble.

Last edited by catherineclare; January 29th, 2011 at 01:00 PM.

Tags
qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search