Personalities

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2011, 08:10 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been a while since we checked in on this...

What's your toddler's personality like these days???
January 29th, 2011, 08:28 PM
ForestJenn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Stubborn and inquisitive. He can be serious in new situations, but on his home turf he flirts with anyone new.

Loving every minute of being a mommy!
January 29th, 2011, 08:37 PM
Fist Pumping Champ
The biggest hardhead I've ever met...

She's just nonstop, constantly exploring. Doesn't listen when I tell her something she doesn't want to hear (for example, "Get off the kitchen table" - I usually get a NO!). She loves being outdoors and playing with kids either her age or older. Babies are not interesting to her unless they're her baby dolls. I wouldn't say she's clingy but she needs to always be entertained. She can't be left anywhere alone - unless it's her room and she's doing damage, then she prefers to be alone. Otherwise she needs to be able to see someone at all times. It's weird.

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

January 29th, 2011, 09:00 PM
katidid622's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Drama queen, inquisitive, nurturing and center of attention. Can be shy in new situations (or at the store she will say "Hi" to anyone she sees. But when someone says "hi" back, she freezes! ). She loves to dance and sing, but wants me to be paying attention to only her...I cannot dance and sing with her . She is always wanting to get into new things, see how they work, what they do, etc. She is sensitive to her dolls and stuffed animals, feeds them, wipes their faces, pushes them in the stroller, covers them with their blankets, etc...such a little mama.

Do you LIKE JustMommies? Help us get to 5,000 fans!
January 29th, 2011, 09:08 PM
LadyBugMommyof1's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hazel is super shy around new people and even people she knows...she's only really herself after about an hour or two of getting used to people. With DH, my parents, me and her Godfather, she super goofy, cuddly and giggly. With anyone else, she clams up and just observes. She'll wave when someone says hello to her, but that's it. It's funny because DH is super outgoing as am I (although I feel shy in new situations, but nobody sees this)...I never expected to have a shy child! She's stubborn, but not nearly as hardheaded as DH or myself. In all, we super lucky with her personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMama View Post
The biggest hardhead I've ever met...
More than your DH...
January 29th, 2011, 09:18 PM
peapod's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
He is super silly always the joker sometimes it is like having the 3 stooges rolled into one. He is also a book worm and often prefers reading and being read to more than playing with his toys. I would also consider him inquisitive, independent, very polite, and becoming more and more affectionate which is a new thing. He can be super stubborn and whiny at times, but luckily this part of his personality comes and goes.
January 29th, 2011, 09:39 PM
MayBTheresHope's Avatar MayBTheresHope
Presley never meets a stranger (she even started tickling the appliance sales guy at Home Depot the other night). She is sweet, goofy, and laid back, but does not like to play alone or to be alone....ever. She is happiest when both DH and I are playing with her, but wants me to hold her, carry her, rock her, etc; DH is no substitute, though he is welcome to join us anytime. She is most definitely a Mama's girl.

Presley LOVES her dolls and stuffed animals and they have to come with us wherever we go (which is both endearing and frustrating at the same time). She never sits still and gets into everything these days...one busy little bee! She gets very frustrated with herself if she can't figure out how to do something and I have to constantly reassure her that it is okay if she can't do certain things yet. She is quite good with puzzles, loves to color, sings and dances and she loves to be chased and tickled. If she could stay outdoors all day long, she would and being stuck inside with all of this cold winter weather has been hard on her.

She loves to cuddle with me and enjoys sitting on my lap when we play or when I read to her. She always has and still does hate diaper changes, taking clothes off or putting clothes on, having her hair fixed. She is surprisingly good about putting her toys/books away when she is finished with them. I love her little "zest for life" personality and she seems to have a magnetism that draws people to her wherever we go.

Thank you Mama Trish for my fabulous siggies!
January 30th, 2011, 07:01 AM
kristianna's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Friendly with stangers and full of energy. A little naughty too. She got into things she was NOT allowed to.. my underwear drawer among other things. Though it is funny to watch her try to put on my bra and say boobies. LOL

Thank you Vicki for the BEEautiful siggie!

January 30th, 2011, 07:13 AM
P*to*the*ORTIA's Avatar Portia
Send a message via ICQ to P*to*the*ORTIA
Mine is a stubborn, inquisitive bully!

January 30th, 2011, 08:05 AM
cherry08's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aiden is a character! He loves to play "rough" with DH and loves to play hide and seek and peek a boo and LOVES trucks and cars - typical boy. He also loves to bring us books about 30 times a day to be read to He can be shy but not around most people, more around people that weird him out I think.

January 30th, 2011, 10:11 AM
Fist Pumping Champ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBugMommyof1 View Post
More than your DH...

I don't know if she's more than DH but she sure gives him a run for his money!

May 2013 - Ectopic pregnancy
July 2014 - Miscarriage

January 30th, 2011, 06:28 PM
I Smile Because Of Them's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Emma is a diva! Oh my lord, we are in some serious trouble with her as she gets older. She loves to put on her sunglasses, grab her purse & keys & just rattle off at someone with her hands on her hips. She walks like a big shot...loves to yell at the boys...lol. We're screwed

January 30th, 2011, 06:40 PM
gabbymurphy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aiden is funny. He is independent and plays my himself really well and doesn't want you to help him do anything, he wants to do it himself. He is very easy going and likes to have fun. He can be shy around people he doesn't know very well. He also has a bit of a temper. I'm loving his personality these days though, he's pretty fun to be around.

Thanks to trishosauras for my fantabulous siggy

January 31st, 2011, 02:08 PM
rnholly's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson is so loving, he will crawl into your lap and just bury his head in your neck. He's stubborn as a bull, if he doesn't get his way - look out! The temper tantrums are getting somewhat better, he doesn't throw himself in the floor anymore. He loves to read still, and he has become much more independent in his play, which I love. He will sit and watch cartoons for more than 10 seconds at a time. He adores animals and babies (DH, take note!), and points them out everywhere we go.
January 31st, 2011, 05:05 PM
estherm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Austin is changing..

He was soo easy going.. taking all the crap from his older brother.. He would just move on to the next thing when it was taken from him.. BUT
someone stole him and replaced him!!

I guess it is good he is sticking up for himself.. But now EVERYTHING is NO and he crys and screams every time something is not going his way.. My house is sooo loud these days between the boys.. I am going a little stir crazy..

But when I do have time with just Austy and some snuggling.. At night when he doesn't sleep and Kayden is already asleep.. I love to take him in my bed and just talk.. And play "hide hide" under the blankets..

He definitely has a soft personality he always has.. but now the terrible twos have struck.. I can't wait until it evens out and all of a sudden its like all that paid off and I have a "good" kid now.. I remember when Kayden was this age it was like talking to a wall.. but its like a year delay.. and all of sudden then remember and listen to what you have been saying all along..

But to be completely honest.. I am a really frustrated mama right now..

But I still love my boys

Thank you Jaidensmum!

January 31st, 2011, 08:21 PM
maryslittlelambs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zach's just a mess...He knows when he's being naughty but will give you this look and all you can do is laugh. He definitely wants his way or the highway. And it's getting more difficult to take him places as he gets very whiney and only has so much patience for sitting still. He's learning to be more assertive, but that usually comes with him yelling.
His speech is definitely picking up, and I can actually understand a lot of what he's saying now, even if it's not perfect. He likes to snuggle at night, but not during the day, but loves being read to.

Thank you *kiliki* for the beautiful siggy!

February 4th, 2011, 12:52 PM
KatieHeitman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to KatieHeitman Send a message via Skype™ to KatieHeitman
Alex is really shy and sweet. At home he usually plays in his room with his door shut. Sometimes he'll come out and play with DH. For relatives he has to be around them for a few hours before he'll let go of DH or me. For strangers he'll just stare at them, doesn't even smile or wave or say anything. He loves Joshy and is so sweet and caring towards him. He's such a good big brother and overall good kid. People always comment how good he is and how sweet he is.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search