Phones

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you answer your phone when it rings?
I know it's a weird question, but I HATE answering the phone unless it's my Mom or DH calling. I HATE IT!!
I don't know why, I just do.
I hate calling people and I hate calling to make appts, etc...

So, what about you? Are you a phone weirdo too?

February 4th, 2011, 09:22 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I will answer the phone when it rings but if it is my cell phone and I don't recognize the number I don't answer

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep. I hate answering the phone and HATE calling. So much so my mom used to make me order pizzas and things to try and get me over it! It's weird tho because when I was working I didn't mind the phone at at all and was actually very good with customers etc, but now every call unless it's my mom or my hubby goes straight to voicemail unless I'm waiting to hear back about something.
February 4th, 2011, 11:11 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I usually unplug the phone when Billy is napping and 1/2 the time forget to plug it back in. So that takes care of having to answer it!
February 4th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Jennifer, I'm famous for hitting the "do not disturb" button and leaving it. LOL

Catherine, I'm the same way!! When I was working, I'd answer the phone no problem and was good at transferring calls, answering questions, etc, etc.. But when it's my phone, UGH!! I don't know what it is!

If I have to make an appt, I have to work myself up to make it. Ok ok, if you make the appt, you can have a cookie. I have to bribe myself! LOL

February 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Only if I know the number. Otherwise I send it to the messages.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 4th, 2011, 01:19 PM
I'm the SAME way!! I worked at a place and one of the biggest parts of the job was answering the phone, transferring etc and I actually loved it. At home I'm like you I have to bribe myself to make a call. Right now I have to return a call and I'm DREADING it. I have to make it by tomorrow and I keep finding excuses as to why I can't make it. Ugh. I hate making calls so much I actually bought something off of Craigslist yesterday and only spoke to the person via text! My hubby picked it up and HE had to call her, but I never did. There's gotta be some name for this weird phobia! It's not that I'm rude or don't wanna give time to the person I just have this weird thing with being on the phone.
February 4th, 2011, 01:21 PM
I have the same phobia with strangers. I sound like I'm 4 on the phone though so that does not help things at all.

February 4th, 2011, 02:17 PM
OMG YES! I've sold things on Craiglist and when someone sends me their #, I delete the message. I REFUSE to talk to them. I'm not rude, I just HATE talking on the phone.
Normally once I actually call to make the appt, I'm perfectly fine. I know what I want/need, I'm capable of doing it, I just dread it.
We need a support group.. via text of course. LMAO

Last edited by ~Paula~; February 4th, 2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Red text
February 4th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
OMG!!! I really don't know why I have a phone. I HATE talking on it, I HATE answering it(unless it's DH) and I HATE calling people. I usually always try to get someone else to call someone for me. LOL!!!
So don't feel bad...I'm a total phone weird-o too!

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
February 4th, 2011, 09:10 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
I don't mind if it's my mom, DH or sometimes my BFF (she can ramble on forever though).

I hate making other phone calls. I get tired of push 1 for this and put 99,167 for that. It ticks me off.

I really hate having to call most companies now because you end up with someone who you can't understand. I had to call my mortgage company for something recently and they were awful. The original company was great but they sold off most of their mortgages. Well this new company sucks. You get people with accents so thick you end up completely frustrated.

February 4th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I don't mind pushing numbers so much but I hate places that have voice regognition. And you practically have to shout slowly down the phone for it to regonise what you want.

February 5th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Support group via text!!!!! That's hilarious!!!

I'm proud of myself. I actually made a call today about a table I found on Craigslist. It wasn't so bad lol! It helped that the lady was nice and I really wanted the table!
February 7th, 2011, 09:45 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's good to know I'm not alone! LOL

I am NOT a phone person and never have been. I don't even know why I own a cell phone because the only time I charge it up is when I know I'm going to be somewhere without DH. Mom and DH are the only two I don't mind talking on the phone with. Caller ID is my best friend.

February 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I am so glad to see I'm not the only one who detests the dang thing. All of my friends get super annoyed with me bc I never answer, or even know where my phone is half the time. I hate having it and would prefer to only have it in the car for emergencies. It's like constantly being on a leash

February 8th, 2011, 09:35 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
OMG! There are others like this?? I get "yelled at" by my friends and even my family because I HATE, HATE, HATE the phone. I finally managed to convince my Dh we don't need a home phone, since it is only solicitors who call. So we got rid of that this week. But with my cell, I am bad. I never answer it, don't really even know where it is half the time, and apparently that annoys people. I actually lost a friend because she told me "phone conversations are important when we live so far apart." And I basically told her to take a walk. It just bothers me. I don't have the patience or desire to answer the phone, even if I am doing nothing else. But I do text like crazy. I would be lost without texting. Thankfully, DH is sorta like this and my mom just has a crazy work schedule, so texting works better for her. Those are the only two people I talk to regularly anyway. I would totally join a support group. I wonder what the basis behind this is...if so many people have the same experience?
February 14th, 2011, 08:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Unless it's Tom, my BFF, or my sister I avoid the phone at all costs.
And I HATE calling anyone besides family and friends. I have had to make numerous calls today and my anxiety is through the roof!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search