Weight loss mamas

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2011, 09:13 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your weight loss going?

Have you reached any of your goals?

Are there any tips you have for those looking to trim their waistline?
February 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
MIne is going well. I have lost a total of 5.6 lbs. I have joined weight watchers and I like it. It does get a little old somedays but I love how I feel.

Now I just need to start to add in exercise.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How is your weight loss going? Slow, but it's my fault, would be much faster if I stuck with it.

Have you reached any of your goals? Yes, I did a 5K in under 40 minutes.

Are there any tips you have for those looking to trim their waistline?

1. Portion control. Seriously, I learned my typical bowl of cereal or ice cream was 3x the recommended portions on the box or container. When I stick to exact measurements on the packaging (not counting veggies as they are ridiculously low cal.) I can lose 3-4 lbs in a week.

2. Exercise. 60 minutes per day. The first 12 minutes of cardio do NOT burn fat. The first 12 minutes only burns the calories you had eaten in the last 12-24 hours.
Cardio is the only way to burn fat. Strength training is necessary though to help avoid the flabby skinny look.

3. Do NOT eat less than 1200 calories a day. If you are NOT exercising, and eating MORE than 1200, but at least 300 LESS than you normally do you WILL lose weight, just slower. If you eat LESS than 1200 calories a day w/o exercising you will lose weight quick, but then it will only last a few weeks, creep back on, and be harder to shed. If you eat LESS than 1200 calories a day, AND exercise you will very quickly send your body into starvation mode, telling your body to hold onto every single calorie.

4. do NOT have cheat days, have cheat snacks or meals and not too often. A cheat snack or meal is much easier to work around, less stressful for your body. And you can plan your intake around it if you plan properly to not go over your calories for the day.

For my body to stay at it's current weight I need to eat 2200 calories a day. And that it with OUT moving.

I aim to eat 1340 calories a day, and each calorie I burn gets subtracted from my total, allowing me to eat more. I've been slacking on this a lot lately, but when I follow it properly, I lose steadily.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 5th, 2011, 03:35 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Getting there. Being sick the last two weeks hasn't helped at all. My only goal is just to do it and to stick with it and so far so good. My best tip would be to find something you enjoy as exercise. If you don't enjoy it you are not going to want to do it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 5th, 2011, 03:46 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Mine is going good...for now. But I can't be too worried about it anymore. I have lost 3 of the 10 lbs I wanted to lose. But I imagine that won't matter too much in the next couple months (but I don't mind). I am just aiming for healthy eating and exercise right now.

I did not reach any specific goals, but I wanted to be more mindful of what I was eating and I have been.

My only thing is to be gentle with yourself. Screwing up here and there is normal and does not mean "oh, I can just go off the deep end now." And try to have a treat here and there. I just won't stick to anything long term if it is strict or restricting. So I always add in treats, be it a coffee at the coffee shop or a few hershey's kisses when I am feeling stressed.
February 5th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I found when I do get hard on myself it takes longer to get back into a routine, where as when I just keep going I stick with it.

Also, totally agree w/ Mellie, exercise has to be something you enjoy.

I found while watching TV that if I use my wii fit board w/ the lift I'll do that through out an hour program. Tuesday during biggest loser I did that the whole time, except commercials, and then did crunches during commercials. I felt so refreshed afterwards.

Oh and definitely set goals!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 7th, 2011, 08:22 AM
I agree I need to add in exercise which I have something for the Wii just need to get up early before work and do it, since evenings won't work for me.

I also agree not to raise your standards so high then you are setting yourself up for failure. Also don't deprive your body of things just eat it is smaller moderations

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 7th, 2011, 10:06 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
How is your weight loss going? This is only my 3rd week on my weight loss plan. according to the scale i'm losing weight, but i'm not really noticing it in my figure yet.

Have you reached any of your goals? Well i set small goals. I reached my first goal of losing 5lbs. My next goal is to lose 5 more pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
MIne is going well. I have lost a total of 5.6 lbs. I have joined weight watchers and I like it. .
I'm doing weight watchers too . Though I can't afford to actually join, so i'm doing it on my own. I figured out how many points i'm allowed per day and I'm using an online calculator.

February 7th, 2011, 03:00 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WW girls... are you using the old or the new points system?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 7th, 2011, 03:36 PM
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
I started out doing the old system, for about a week. Then the site I go to put the pointsplus calculator up, so now i'm doing the new system.

I'm allowed 36 points a day (got those 12 extra breastfeeding points). I hardly ever use that much. Right now i'm at 28 points, and most likely won't eat any more tonight.

February 8th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower_142 View Post
I started out doing the old system, for about a week. Then the site I go to put the pointsplus calculator up, so now i'm doing the new system.

I'm allowed 36 points a day (got those 12 extra breastfeeding points). I hardly ever use that much. Right now i'm at 28 points, and most likely won't eat any more tonight.

I am using the new point system as well.

I was also told at our meetings that we should eat our daily point allowance if you want to loose weight. That might help you out more Chris.

Chris, where do you go to use the points plus calculator?

February 9th, 2011, 06:55 AM
I don't know if i could eat 36 points LOL! I weighed myself yesterday and lost 2 more pounds, so far that puts me at -7lbs. 2-3 lbs per week seems to be my thing LOL!

Here is the link i use for my calculator

Weight Watchers Points Calculator

February 9th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Thanks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search