Gymnastics

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2011, 06:10 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Will you be enrolling your daughter in gymnastics?

If you have a boy what are your thoughts on them doing gymnastics?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 9th, 2011, 07:08 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
We are going to gymnastics this morning. They have "open gym" for a couple hours and the kids love to run around and use the equipment without instruction. I won't sign either of them up for actual classes though, just because they are astronomical around here and they can get the experience for $10 a session in open gym. I don't care if Liam wants to do gymnastics (or cheerleading or home ec). Whatever he wants to try is fine with us. Julia loves the open gym, but is highly uncoordinated, so I see very little possibility of a gymnast in the future.
February 9th, 2011, 07:12 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No because it's just so expensive. I'd LOVE to put Emily in gymnastics but we just can't afford that.
I can't wait for them to be old enough for T-ball though. I think Emily will be the perfect little athlete. Kayla isn't athletic at all!! She's very uncoordinated and clumsy.
She's in the band, which suits her perfectly.

I'm not sure about Abby yet. She's still too little to tell.

February 9th, 2011, 07:17 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
If he wants to do gymnastics when he's old enough to tell me, I'd encourage him.

Right now, there are other things I'd rather do, since we're still doing stuff together. We go to a music class together once a week. Once he has more of his own opinions, I wouldn't try to steer him away from anything.

I would really like him to do Irish Dance once he's old enough (4 or so). I did it for 19 years, am 100% irish, and want him to learn a little about that tradition. Irish Dancing is known to spontaneously break out at family parties, so I'd like him to be able to join in.

February 9th, 2011, 05:03 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nope. Honestly I don't have the time to take her. She does plenty of gymnastics at home without classes too.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 9th, 2011, 11:58 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I don't think I'll enroll my kids in gymnastics..

My son will be involved in sports.. Like Football and basket ball.. I don't see him doing gymnastics..

My daughter.. I would love to see her in dance.. She already loves to dance.. I'm willing to pay the extra money for her to attend a dance school..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 10th, 2011 at 12:04 AM.
February 10th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
If she really wants to yes but i don't really like the pressure that a lot of little girls in gymnastics feel to be thin and look a certain way more so than in other activites

February 14th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by natty View Post
If she really wants to yes but i don't really like the pressure that a lot of little girls in gymnastics feel to be thin and look a certain way more so than in other activites

I'd like Bailey to do this or dance, for the exercise portion, but the pressure that comes with it, makes me think twice. Not that it matters, I'd never be able to afford it anyway.

The boys I feel the same way.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search