Since its Valentine's Day...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2011, 03:46 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the most romantic thing your SO/DH has done for you?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 13th, 2011, 04:35 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just being him and helping out around the house with the kids.

But I got to say the latest is when he was off the last 2 weeks of the year last year he cleaned the house without being asked. Now it wasn't the best but hey I didn't have to do it!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 13th, 2011, 05:31 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My DH is always doing sweet, little romantic things but I think his proposal probably tops the list.
He asked my Mom for permission and set it up with my best friend to keep me at my house.
He was in Texas doing tech training w/ the Air Force at the time, I was in Ohio.
I was so bumming that morning (Valentine's Day) because I wouldn't get to see him.
I got up and made plans with my bff to go to the mall that day (or so I thought.)
I took a bath and during my bath the phone had rung, my brother was home and answered it. Then there was a knock at the bathroom door and I assumed it was my brother giving me the phone, so I stuck my hand out waited, but no one handed me the phone, so I peeked out of the bathroom and saw combat boots, I slowly made my way up and realized it was HIM STANDING THERE, IN MY HOUSE!!! I was so freaking excited!! He drove all the way from Texas overnight to Ohio to see me.
A little later, there was a knock and when I answered it was a delivery guy bringing me a dozen roses. I didn't even bother to read the card because obviously they were from my amazing boyfriend!
Later, after my Mom got home from work, we were just hanging out and Jay asked who the flowers were from. I laughed and said, better be from you. He said, you'd better read the card to be sure.
So I turned to read the card and it said "Will you marry me?"
I turned around with my jaw to the floor and he was on one knee with my ring.
It was so unexpected, so incredibly amazing that he drove all that way, pulled off a surprise like that and had me completely in the dark.
He had to drive back the next morning.

Also, when we were dating/engaged he'd make mixed cd's and talk between songs, telling me he loves me or whatever and he'd mail them to me. There was nothing better than getting the mail and finding a cd from him and being able to hear his voice like that. I listened to those cd's all night long, literally.. on repeat in my cd player.

Remember, no cell phones then.. no quick sent pictures, etc so getting to hear his voice like that was awesome and that is what stemmed my insane love for Tom Petty!

Oh, also... One time when we were living in NC.. I came home (to Ohio) for a few weeks because my Grandma wasn't doing to well. When I went back, the door was locked and when I knocked I was greeted by Jay in his dress blues (OMG, INSTANT wet panties ) and a candle lit dinner, and a dozen roses. After dinner, we made our way to the bedroom where there was another dozen roses, new lingerie and some new "toys".

Another time... I LOVE baseball so we spent our anniversary (10th) at an Indians game, awesome behind home plate seats. Up on the jumbotron pops a message "Happy 10th Anniversary to my wife, Paula. Love Jason"

I love my hubby!!

February 13th, 2011, 07:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Oh Paula, I am in tears, and quite jealous.
Tom is not that great with the romance and being sweet.

I can't think of the "most" romantic but a few things I can recall right now are....

When we first started dating, we used to meet up in the middle of the night to spend time together, more often than not, just talking. One night, we ended up walking in the woods down the street from my house, and there was a tent set up, with a bottle of my favorite soda, poured into plastic wine glasses. And he had a paper plate with all my favorite candies on it. It was really cheesy and cheap, but to a 13 year old kid, it was really sweet. At least sweet enough for me to remember 11 years later.

December 31st, 2004, we had just signed the lease for our new apartment. He was the one who signed the lease so he was in the apartment on his own before I had been. He came and got me as soon as he got the keys and we went to check it out together, I hadn't seen it yet. When I walked in there were rose petals everywhere, with them shaped like a heart in our new bedroom. Around the room were a ton of candles. And in the middle of the heart was a box of chocolate, a card, and a single yellow daisy. (next best thing to a sunflower.) It was an amazing night. 10 days later we found out we were expecting Thomas.

The most recent was the day I talked to him about our lack of sex. When he came home with the new 'toy' and lingerie that actually fit. I have awful self esteem, and that night he made me feel like the most beautiful, most wanted woman on the planet. It may have been the most intense night since the first time we made love.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 13th, 2011, 08:06 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya know right now I can't think of one thing. Might have to come back to this when I'm not as annoyed at him.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 14th, 2011, 06:25 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Nicole, I think those are very sweet!! It doesn't have to be expensive and grand, just the gesture of showing love unprompted.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search