Go away!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2011, 04:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I've been having some SERIOUS baby fever lately...

Tom pointed out this is the longest I've gone without being pregnant since conceiving Thomas.
I've been pregnant in '05, '06, '07-'08, and '09. 2010 was the first full year I was NOT expecting.

So many women I know IRL and from JM, have either recently given birth, or are pregnant. I look at all the itty bitty babies and baby bellies, and crave it. I've never felt anything like this before. Yes before Collin, I had wanted a baby, but it wasn't anything like this..

Then I think of reality. We can't afford another. We have no room for another. Do I have the patience for another?

Tom, who wants more, keeps telling me that we will have at least one more, but we have to wait 5-10 years before we can even think about it.. Which makes me feel worse, as I was almost so sure we were done, just a few weeks ago..

I'm hoping once the novelty of all the new babies, and expecting mommies I know, wears off, that this intense urge to procreate wears off...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 16th, 2011, 04:52 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I have it as well.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 16th, 2011, 06:12 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I had it the moment Liam hit a month!! I am not even kidding. I am no help at all!!

Hopefully you will figure out what you are going to do. It can be hard to not have a sure-fire answer. I think baby fever is a great thing, especially if you have a friend or family member you can borrow from. Then you get your fix and don't have to actually have another!
February 16th, 2011, 06:16 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been there, many many times and it's such a horrible achy feeling.
When Kayla was about 3-4 I had it so bad I'd just sob because I wasn't sure we'd ever have more. By the time Kayla was 7 and we decided to ttc, I felt almost hollow with wanting a baby so bad!

Then Emily was about 6 months and I got baby fever. I got preggo and lost that one, then I wasn't sure I could try again.

Then I had got pregnant and had Abby and I still have spurts of wishing we could have another. Then I count my blessings, realize I have 3 healthy, beautiful girls and tell myself to stop being selfish. lol
At other times, I thank God we decided to take permanent precautions. LOL

February 16th, 2011, 06:22 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm no help there!

It doesn't sound like Tom is any help there either! I know if DH said we'd have another in 5 years, I don't think I'd have the patience.

That's pretty crazy you've been pregnant for so long. Right now it already feels like I've been pregnant forever. I know it's going to be weird when we are done, or if we decide to have a bigger age gap between children.

February 16th, 2011, 12:48 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm counting my blessings that for the most part I have not had one twinge of baby fever since Lucy was born. I do know for certain that there is no way on earth I ever want to be pregnant again.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 16th, 2011, 01:10 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only have baby fever as I'm putting away Ben's baby stuff. Then he has 2-3 weeks of horrendous teething with tantrums nonstop, crying, horrible sleep etc etc and that snaps me out of it really fast.

Also if I'm feeling like I want another I go to the mall and look at cute clothes that are not conducive to pregnancy and nursing lol.

Tags
baby fever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search