I'm here...just been really busy...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2011, 11:43 PM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
I wanted to apologize for not replying to a lot of posts... Things have been nuts...

I just finished my 18 credit hour class and I am happy to say I'm pretty sure I got a 4.0 for this term again. I'm still waiting on two assignments in two classes to be graded but I'm betting on a 4.0 - woohoo!

I'm working at the post office and the hours are 9-6p. Since the kids go to bed at 715 by the time we get home make a quick dinner it's their bath/bed time. So we are looking around this weekend and contemplating on moving a little closer. We are looking at three places over the next 4 days and trying to decide if it's worth it to move (we have to pay security deposit, first months rent, a "painting fee" which is the equivilant of a months rent, plus moving costs). So it's a nice chunk of change. However, the drive of 15 minutes rather than 30 minutes would be nice. In one case it's only a 10 minute drive, however that house the driveway is pebble and dirt - not ideal for the rainy weather we tend to get every winter.

My kidney donation has been postponed. I was supposed to leave for the States tomorrow (Saturday) but received a call on Wednesday that the recipient is not healthy enough to undergo the surgery just yet. They are waiting a month and then evaluating everything. I feel really bad and hope that her health improves enough over the next few weeks.

While we are in the States I will be buying a new car and having it shipped here to Italy. We NEED a second car. We wake up at 445a every morning to take dh to work and it stinks! I have a friend that is car salesman so he has been working with us via the internet. We are getting a 2011 Ford Edge. Similar to this one - Ford Edge - however, we want black interior seats and a luggage rack for skiing/snowboarding not the sun roof. I'm pretty excited. Normally we wouldn't buy a new car if we were back in the States, however, being here we have learned we need a reliable car and a new car is just about the only way to go here.

So a lot of things going on here. I have been lurking but since my next term doesn't start for a little over a week and it's only 12 credit hours I will be around, hopefully, a lot more!

How's everyone else doing? Anything new?
February 18th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
ugh how dare you put life before us?

WTG on nailing this term. I can't imagine working during the day. I hope things work out so you can move. Any extra time with the kids after work would be nice.

I hope the recipient is able to recover in time for the transplant.

And, that car, nice!

It's good to see you on. How are the children doing?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 18th, 2011, 05:43 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What about your tickets, were you able to transfer them to a later date (for the fly to the US)?

WTG on your 4.0!!

February 18th, 2011, 06:07 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is great about your 4.0!!!

The car is nice.

It is good to hear from you!!

Good luck with the transfer!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 18th, 2011, 07:41 AM
I guess I talked all about me and not about the children... lol.. sorry.

The kids are doing great.

Peyton is such a joy. She is a mommy's girl and gives me the most innocent look sometimes...she's a doll. Her vocabulary hasn't grown much since the last update. She is going in at her 18mos appointment to get another blood test for an allergy to milk. I don't know how conclusive the blood tests are but the doctor recommended it. She has some wild hair, it's so cute!

Xavier is doing well. He's going to turn 6 probably when I'm in the States so we are going to celebrate his birthday a month early - he doesn't care though! He's doing well in school according to his teacher.

Derrick is doing very well. He is headed to Germany next week for 4 days to participate in the European basketball tournament. His grades are great, A's and B's.

Here are some pictures of Xavier and Peyton (and one of my dh)...Derrick was hiding in the house doing my dishes - I should have got a picture of that!

February 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful Family Sarah!! Peyton looks so cute with her hair longer, she's a stylin' girl!

February 18th, 2011, 09:35 AM
Thanks Paula...she is a sweetheart...

I forgot to answer your question about the airline tickets. I was able to cancel the tickets. When I'm ready to again I will just call United and pay a $150 per ticket change fee. I couldn't get it free because the recipient isn't an immediate family member...
February 18th, 2011, 02:12 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Way to go on the 4.0! Glad everyone is going well.

So sorry to hear about the delay in the transplant. I hope the delay isn't for too long.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 18th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Blondn6ft's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Hi Love !!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search