Is your LO...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2011, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
.. still rarefacing?
If yes, is DH on board?
Does anyone give you a hard time ab your choice?

If your LO is forward, does anyone give you a hard time ab your choice?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Yes, Peyton is still rearfacing and will be at least until she is two. Dh was against it with Xavier and I caved but this time with Peyton I was prepared with information supporting ERF and dh was on board at the first statistic!

I haven't received any grief about it really...
February 21st, 2011, 10:47 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, yes, and yes. DH's aunt is the one that gives us slack about it. However her granddaughter is pretty much being held in their car by nothing, so I don't put too much stake in it.

I'm hoping to keep Levi RF as long as possible, but he's almost reached the weight limit for RF on it. I'm wondering if we should have gone with one that has a higher limit.

February 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes Brandon is still RF and DH is on board.

Except in his car he is FF. His car is 2 doors and it is a pain to get him in and out when he is RF.

I don't get any grief on it at all.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 21st, 2011, 01:55 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
*is a freak* Lucy is FF. Has been for a while. She outgrew her infant seat and we had no other choice. Most babies are FF here by 8 months.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 21st, 2011, 02:02 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Yes. Samantha is still RF. Probably will be until she's 2 as well. DH is fine with it. Although, he just made a comment about it the other day. He said that she'll have to be FF soon. He thinks her little legs are getting smooched. But they're not. She's fine. lol.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
February 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ben is FF and has been for awhile now. I had fully intended on doing RF as long as possible, but each car trip we took became an absolute nightmare. Ben was fighting me big time each time I would put him in. The way I was having to bend to get him to cooperate was throwing my lower back and knee out. He would be in tears by the time he was strapped in. Then the whole time while driving he would cry and scream until he was choking. It was ridiculous. I think he was hating not being able to see AND not being able to move much. Hubby suggested we start him FF to see if helped. So we turned his seat and now he helps me get his straps on! The tears are gone, no more fighting and he enjoys going out now. His little legs were getting smooshed too.
February 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Bailey is still RFing. Both Thomas and Collin were turned around right before and at 1 year. I heard everyone preaching about RFing this and that, but shrugged it off until I saw a comparison. *shudders* Bailey would have been turned around already if driving was a nightmare still like it used to be until the new car seat. She HATED the infant carrier! She doesn't complain so until then she'll stay RFing until she out grows her seat. She's got til 35 lbs in it RFing and is only at 24..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 21st, 2011, 02:27 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Ben is FF and has been for awhile now. I had fully intended on doing RF as long as possible, but each car trip we took became an absolute nightmare. Ben was fighting me big time each time I would put him in. The way I was having to bend to get him to cooperate was throwing my lower back and knee out. He would be in tears by the time he was strapped in. Then the whole time while driving he would cry and scream until he was choking. It was ridiculous. I think he was hating not being able to see AND not being able to move much. Hubby suggested we start him FF to see if helped. So we turned his seat and now he helps me get his straps on! The tears are gone, no more fighting and he enjoys going out now. His little legs were getting smooshed too.
Glad we aren't the only FFers.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 21st, 2011, 02:31 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
See we've had Ben in a really nice convertible since day one and he always did great. Then one day started freaking out, wasn't in an infant seat so there was no option to change . The difference in his behavior is amazing. He freaks if he can't be nosey and see all that is going on. Now he climbs in his seat himself and gets the straps for me. If traveling hadn't been such a nightmare I would have kept him RF tho.
February 21st, 2011, 02:47 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tegan is rear-facing still. Last week she went through a phase of screaming every time we put her in and we debated switching her around, but now she seems to be over it so I'll keep her rf for as long as possible. My dad and step-mom gave me grief a while back, but not it a long time.
February 21st, 2011, 02:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Elijah is also still RF. I'll keep him that way as long as possible. He doesn't complain and his carseat goes pretty high on rearfacing. Ava stayed that way until she was almost 3 and on longer trips she started to say her back hurt. So I changed. I've only had a few people say "He's still facing the back?" I just say "yep, I think it's safer and he doesn't mind."
February 21st, 2011, 03:28 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
**Freak here too**

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Ben is FF and has been for awhile now. I had fully intended on doing RF as long as possible, but each car trip we took became an absolute nightmare. .
Same here..

I recently turned A.J around.. I just couldn't do it any more.. I hated taking him to stores with me or even putting him into my car.. It was especially hard with him wearing his winter jacket..

My DH thought I was nuts for wanting to RF, just because of the cars we have, we own 2 door coupes that are lowered.. Because how hard it was to get him in the back.. I wanted to RF through the bad parts of winter and then turn him around. So I just sucked it up. But when I wanted to FF A.J, DH had no problem with that.. A.J is much happier FF too..

btw.. I FF my daughter around the same age too and she's just fine..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 21st, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
February 21st, 2011, 04:47 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
Liam is still RFing. We will keep him that way til we can't anymore. He has plenty of room in his seat and doesn't put up *too* much of a fit getting into his seat. It just depends on the day/time/mood, etc if he is pill about it.

We don't catch any flak about it. No one has even mentioned anything. I know that some of the moms in my group think I am a wacked out, hippy mom. But I don't particularly care or have to listen to it They are good about quietly judging. Lol.
February 21st, 2011, 05:08 PM
^-- I don't like it when people judge... I wouldn't think you were a hippy..

I think I get more looks by other moms when I'm wearing A.J verses if he's RF or FF.. lol

February 21st, 2011, 07:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
^-- I don't like it when people judge... I wouldn't think you were a hippy..

I think I get more looks by other moms when I'm wearing A.J verses if he's RF or FF.. lol
I actually had a man ask me why I had Bailey wrapped in my shirt the other day. She was in the moby, and I had my jacket zipped up over her, so you could barely make out the wrap. He looked at me like I was harming my child. lol..

It was odd since I;ve only been given praises for wearing Bailey... Not at all like when I wore Collin/Thomas.

February 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Elise is also ff she did not like rf anymore so we turned her and now she does great I think she didn't like not being able to see us. No one says anything but Elise is also big we would not be able to rf her much longer as most seats including mine rf up to 35lbs and Elise is just shy of 31, and her legs were getting pretty scrunched too

February 21st, 2011, 09:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Liana is still RF and I intend to keep her that way for as long as I can. We started to get have the car ride issues until I let her climb into her seat herself. A few people still give me flack about it. My biggest problem is that Liana is only 22lbs. She wasn't even big enough at a year to turn much less now.

February 21st, 2011, 09:45 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
abe is ff too, since 13 months. no one has said anything to my face about it hehe.

February 21st, 2011, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
I actually had a man ask me why I had Bailey wrapped in my shirt the other day. She was in the moby, and I had my jacket zipped up over her, so you could barely make out the wrap. He looked at me like I was harming my child. lol..

It was odd since I;ve only been given praises for wearing Bailey... Not at all like when I wore Collin/Thomas.
haha.. That's funny.. When I took A.J to the hospital for his surgery, I wore him.. It was cold but I didn't want to put his thick jacket on.. So, I put on my soft carrier, put A.J in it, zipped up my sweater and put a blanket over him.. It look like I had something else on, other then a baby.. Luckily, his head was sticking out so you could tell there was a baby in there. lol

People usually just stare at me when I wear A.J.. Maybe because he's so small, they think he's 10 months old verses 1 1/2 years old.. We'll see what they say when he gets bigger.. Which I have a feeling may be awhile.. lol

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 21st, 2011 at 10:36 PM.

Tags
carseats , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search