Bed!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 08:55 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
What kind of bed is your LO sleeping in? If still the crib, do you plan on making a transition soon? If you've made a transition, how did it go?

February 22nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Crib, IMHO it's just too early to put them in beds yet. Abby is all over the crib and would roll out if she were in a bed. Plus, to get down would be too high for her anyway. The thought of her in her room, awake, able to destroy it, frightens me.

February 22nd, 2011, 09:10 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
A.J is still in his crib.. I don't plan on switching him until he's 2 1/2 years old..

I had such an easy transition with my daughter at age 2 1/2.. I plan on doing the same with my son..

February 22nd, 2011, 09:14 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
we took the side of Damians crib right around the beginning of the year. hes pretty good about sleeping it,but he still wont fall asleep in it he has to fall asleep watching tv in our room then i carry him to his bed... if he does roll out its only like a 12 inch drop and we have pillows laying on the floor. he usually just gets up and comes into our room and screams at the side of the bed.

February 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
Peyton will stay in her crib until she is probably 2 1/2-3 years old. Oldest ds went straight from my bed to a day bed at 9 months. It worked for him. He never got out of bed without calling for me. However, Xavier was a little curious thing and he stayed in a crib until he was almost 3 years old. We tried a toddler bed but he didn't like it at all. So we switched him to this bed. He never got out, just called us up until about 6 months ago when we finally told him he was allowed to get out of bed and come get us

He sleeps in it still and loves it. We will switch him to Derrick's bed (another captains bed) when Peyton is close to switching and she will get his bed (girlied up of course)
February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
^-- It's good to know I'm not the only one who waited until 2 1/2 (almost 3 years old)..

I

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; February 22nd, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
February 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Paula. That is a frightening thought!

Still in a crib here. I'm hoping to start the transition soon, but probably will end up being closer to summer. He isn't ready.

When he moves he will either move into a day bed or the trundle that's close to the floor. I'm not sure if it would be better for him to be closer to the ground or if it would be too tempting for him to get out. We have side rails that can go on either bed.

February 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sarah, that's a cool bed!

Abby has a twin bed waiting for her, brand new. We bought bunks that come apart and Emily is using hers right now, Abby's is still in the box.

February 22nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Bailey will stay in her crib until she starts to climb out. Thomas was switched at 15 mos, which is when he began mostly co-sleeping with us, which lasted until April '09.

Collin, was 28 mos. He was a climbing PRO.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 22nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
Liana is still in her crib. I plan on keeping her in it until she starts to climb or till at least 2 or 3. I couldn't imagine her out free in her room right now!!!!!

February 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy is still in her cot and will be for a while yet. Jassie was moved to bed just before she turned two as she asked to be. Probably do the same with Lucy, wait until she asks.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
Abby has a twin bed waiting for her, brand new. We bought bunks that come apart and Emily is using hers right now, Abby's is still in the box.
How long has Emily been in hers?

February 22nd, 2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
Bailey will stay in her crib until she starts to climb out. Thomas was switched at 15 mos, which is when he began mostly co-sleeping with us, which lasted until April '09.

Collin, was 28 mos. He was a climbing PRO.
See.. I never had that problem.. Adriana is a shortie so she never really tried to climb out.. I also had another slot to drop in her crib too.. A.J is a climber, so we'll see how long he'll last..

February 22nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
Samantha is still in her crib. And I really don't plan on moving her into a toddler bed anytime soon. We'll probably do the same as Nicole, when she starts climbing out of her crib, then I think it's time. For baby #2 I'm planning on just using our pack n play or she/he will sleep with me.

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks
February 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
We will move her After she is 2 the baby will sleep in a bassinet until Elise is ready for the move, she does so well in her crib I want to wait as long as possible

February 23rd, 2011, 04:44 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Catie still sleeps in her crib, I haven't even given a thought to transitioning yet. I think we transitioned the older girls to toddler beds between 18-24 months.

February 23rd, 2011, 06:05 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander will be in the crib until at least 2 1/2 to 3 years.

unless he starts to climb out before that.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search