First Words Deluxe - Highly recommend! *video link now on youtube

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2011, 10:13 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I caught a little of it on video! I highly recommend it and they have a free version too!

She can now spell out all the words on her own and says & recognizes the following: cat, bat, owl, lion (she pronounces it like Lie), crab, whale, seal, bear, fish, frog, pig and a few others I can't remember. I'm looking forward to getting an iPad for her to play games on with a larger screen.

*updated video link to youtube*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p91xg7Hywb0

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

Last edited by FyreMommy2B; February 23rd, 2011 at 10:47 AM.
February 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
it says it's not available.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
That's cool..

My kids are banned from my phone. But they do play with their Mobigo.. My daughter loves her Princess games..

February 22nd, 2011, 02:39 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't see it either. The girls don't play with our new phones either. They do both have our old iphones though which they play games on. I hate all the marks they leave on my phone if they do use it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 23rd, 2011, 10:46 AM
Updated the video link to YOUTUBE which should be easily viewed now. I guess I'm lucky, Ashlynn is pretty gentle with my phone and it doesn't have any marks on it. But I'm planning upgrading to the new iphone5 this summer and also getting an ipad as well. She is usually supervised while playing it and she sure does LOVE this game! ;p

February 23rd, 2011, 11:21 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's awesome!!!! Ben loves playing with our iPhones so I'm gonna go check out this app!
February 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is great.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 23rd, 2011, 11:33 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Levi wouldn't know what to do with one of those... except bang it like a drum . Did you fall at the end of the video? It got a little shaky .

February 23rd, 2011, 11:45 AM
How long has Ashlynn been playing with this app? I'm curious because she's really good! Smart little cookie!
February 23rd, 2011, 12:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
What a smartie, we have tried some games like that and Elise is just not intrested yet we do have a peek a boo game she really likes on the iPad

February 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Levi wouldn't know what to do with one of those... except bang it like a drum . Did you fall at the end of the video? It got a little shaky .
I was actually sitting on the loveseat trying to make sure Ashlynn didn't fall off the edge and filmed it with my digital camera which I have to kept putting down to readjust after she would grab for it. Plus Ashlynn had trouble sitting on my lap because of my Belly (27 weeks pregnant).

Hmm...I wanna say she's been playing it since around 7 months I think? When she was younger she would cry if we didn't continue to spell out the words or if we took it away from her. Sometimes it was the only thing to keep her happy on long car rides. DH is so happy that she can do it now without us having to do it for her! He used to get tired of doing it over and over. Or she would pick up my phone and hand it to me or bonk me with it and whine until I would turn it on. She does the same thing now with her books so I think she is going to be a bit of a bookworm.

We got her a tag junior for Christmas with 2 books and she love that too. The neat thing is when the baby is born and gets old enough she'll be able to do the app for her. Now when I ask her what the Cat says she will Meow, and she Moo's for the cow, she has Hoo'd a few times for the owl too.

It also does Household items, Vehicles, Shapes and Colors. But we mostly do the animals.

February 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Holy crap! She is so good at that! And listen to her say those words so clearly!! I gotta say, it's making me jealous! I haven't had a child do that since Thomas.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 24th, 2011, 02:37 AM
Awww you are sweet! But she has been playing it for a looooong time so I'm sure the repetition and her interest are key in that.

Only within the past 2 weeks or so has she responded when I ask her what the animal says with the Meow (sounds like Mau as in Maui), Moo, Hooo (like Who) and Quack. Once or twice she said Bock, Bock for the Hen.

She has gotten really good at mimicking and can hear something once or twice and repeat it (ie. sock, car, shoes, powder). It's why I'm super strict about not letting her around anyone who cusses. She even tried to mimic DH saying Seriously alot and will say Sowwy (for Sorry). They are just so darn cute at this age!!!

February 24th, 2011, 04:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
The repetition and interest are definitely the key. I'm telling you. I thought Thomas was a genius at this age. By 22 mos, he was recognizing all 26 letters-upper and lower, and knew most of their sounds. All because of one game. He was also one who mimicked everything, and was talking really young.

You are doing an amazing job with Ashlynn, keep up the good work! It will definitely pay off in her future.

February 24th, 2011, 05:27 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
what a smartie you have there. I can't believe how well she talks, all Catie says is Hi, bye, ma, and da LOL! That looks like a neat application, unfortunately We don't have an iphone or any phone that supports that kind of stuff.

February 24th, 2011, 10:40 PM
Thanks! I will say this though which is just an interesting Observation. Ashlynn just started walking within the past 3 days. I mean (not along furniture)... really walking on her own everywhere. Her cousin and alot of babies in her Little Gym class were walking by 12mo but didn't talk or say as many words. There may or may not be a correlation but was just something I noticed.

To me it seems the late walkers and crawlers are usually sitting there playing word games like this over and over or glued to books etc. Just an interesting observation I had. And I don't mind the late walking since I've been pregnant it's made it easier to keep up with her. ;p

February 25th, 2011, 01:37 AM
That is an interesting observation. Ben was an early walker at 9 3/4 mo, but says nothing! He was saying mama (when he was distressed) and said 'Hi Dada!' once, but has now taken to just babbling. It's frustrating. I'm not super worried because he understands everything we say and follows commands etc. My older son was same way. He walked at 11 mo, but was quite content with his own language for forever. Kids are so weird how they develop at different rates!
February 25th, 2011, 04:26 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I highly think it's an accurate observation. Thomas talked a tad early but it wasn't over the top, and hit every milestone when the books said he would.

Collin, was a rolling pro at 6-8 weeks, crawling at 4 mos, cruising at 6, and took his 1st steps at 8, and a walking non stop at 9.. He still doesn't talk clearly.

February 25th, 2011, 04:48 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
you know my daughter Ashleigh was a late walker (16 mos) but she also talked a lot earlier than her sisters.

February 25th, 2011, 06:18 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear ya with the belly thing. Levi has been getting so annoyed this past week, since my lap is officially gone! It definitely makes things a little harder.

Levi was on the late side of walking and is not a talker either. He does love books though. Always has. From the time he could crawl into his room, I'd find him in there just looking through his books for a good half hour/hour at a time.

That's adorable she's saying so much. I love it when kids first start talking.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search