Wednesday Washes

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2011, 05:02 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do you plan on starting your spring cleaning?

What consists of your spring cleaning?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 23rd, 2011, 05:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What's Spring Cleaning??

I do 2-3 super heavy duty cleanings a year that can be called "spring cleanin" I tend to do it randomly though..

I'm talking completely cleaning every thing, dusting ceilings, cleaning inside and outsides of windows, decluttering... I tend to try to follow the flylady's plan.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 23rd, 2011, 06:29 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do big cleaning twice a year. Usually in November and then again in April.

I clean everything. I wipe down all the walls, the ceilings, move all furniture and vacuum/mop. I wash all the little things, like all my spice jars, precious moments, etc, etc...
Wipe down picture frames, scrub down doors, light switches, etc, etc...

February 23rd, 2011, 07:20 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I've started. I do it spread out over a few weeks, not very focused.

I reorganize all the closets that have become messes, wash the windows, dust fans, polish wood, mop under the beds, vaccum out pantry.

Paula- what do you wipe down the walls with? You have this down way better than me!

February 23rd, 2011, 08:17 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
^no kidding. want to come over and help me? i'll treat you to dinner in san francisco after

we usually just clean daily as we notice things are dirty, but aside from the sliding glass doors, I never clean the windows. how do you clean a ceiling?

February 23rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
After I am done work I am going to crack down on cleaning the house big time.

By cleaning the ceiling fans to decluttering and having everything have a spot

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haley- I already have dibs on Paula lol!! Maybe tho since we live in the same state she can start out north by you and then head south?? I too will take you to a really nice dinner.

Well this year no spring cleaning just moving cleaning. We're literally going thru everything we own and being ruthless. Anything that doesn't get used is going out. We're also reorganizing everything. All office supplies go together, homeschool stuff together etc etc. I'm tired of things being strewn out thruout the house.

Now next fall after we've been there awhile I'll do a big clean. But I try to stay on top of things like baseboards and fans every couple of months.
February 23rd, 2011, 12:06 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Walls, I just wipe them down with a wet rag. All our paint is "washable" because of the girls.
Ceilings, I get all the cob webs in the corners, etc.. and then clean all the lights, etc.. I have wood beams on my ceiling in my dining room, so I wipe those down with pledge. Makes them pretty and they smell good then. LOL

I try to do a room or two a day, so it takes me about a week. After though it feels SOOO good to have it so clean and smell so good and fresh.

It comes from my Grandma, I use to help her do her spring cleaning.

I don't have to worry about closets, I just clean those as they need it. I sort through the clothes when I swap out summer and winter.

February 23rd, 2011, 12:08 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
During Spring Break
February 23rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I dp spot cleans but never any big cleaning, i month i might do the bedroom really well. And then do the kitchen next anything close to the floor stays really clean I sweep and mop everyother day same with baseboards i feel more comfortable that way with Elise doing most of her play on the floor

February 23rd, 2011, 03:54 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
What's Spring Cleaning??

I do 2-3 super heavy duty cleanings a year that can be called "spring cleanin" I tend to do it randomly though..

I'm talking completely cleaning every thing, dusting ceilings, cleaning inside and outsides of windows, decluttering... I tend to try to follow the flylady's plan.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

February 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I took a look at the ceiling fan tonight. I guess it's time to start..

I gotta figure out my walls though. In the kitchen they are just plain N.A.S.T.Y. But everything I've tried has been ripping the paint off..

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 23rd, 2011, 06:58 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nicole- you probably have flat paint. I do too and it sucks because it's impossible to clean. For little spot cleaning of the walls I use a Magic Eraser Sponge but don't rub too hard because it will take too much off.

In my opinion it just makes sense to put gloss paint on walls, especially in rental properties. The initial cost is higher, but you have to paint a lot less after a tenant moves out.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search