Use or bust 2/28

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 06:25 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Would you use this or are they a waste of $$?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 28th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I would buy those for my kids to use in a public restroom.. Just for emergencies when those toilet seat covers are not available (or used up).

February 28th, 2011, 07:33 AM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably wouldnt bother...
February 28th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I actually am known to keep a plastic folding potty seat cover in my diaper bag while potty training. It sits right on top of the toilet then I use my clorex wipes to wipe it down afterwards. It usually would stay in a zip lock bag. I have a feeling with having a girl now, it will stay on me a lot longer than just 1-2 mos like the boys.

BUT, I love those!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ROFLMAO!! This is actually a debate I have with Jay's cousin. She's hilarious and carries these everywhere. Well we go on vacation with them occasionally and we were all out to dinner. Emily had to go potty and I got up to take her and she asked if I wanted a potty cover. I laughed and said no.. Her butt will sit right n the seat, germs and all and I thought she was going to pass out!!!
She has potty covers AND lysol in her purse to use on toilets. ROFL
She freaks out at the thought of sitting on a toilet.. Me.. ehh, no big deal. If it's a dirty toilet, I hold her above the toilet, her legs over my arms so her butt has a clear shot.

February 28th, 2011, 08:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
ROFLMAO!! This is actually a debate I have with Jay's cousin. She's hilarious and carries these everywhere. Well we go on vacation with them occasionally and we were all out to dinner. Emily had to go potty and I got up to take her and she asked if I wanted a potty cover. I laughed and said no.. Her butt will sit right n the seat, germs and all and I thought she was going to pass out!!!
She has potty covers AND lysol in her purse to use on toilets. ROFL
She freaks out at the thought of sitting on a toilet.. Me.. ehh, no big deal. If it's a dirty toilet, I hold her above the toilet, her legs over my arms so her butt has a clear shot.
I'm laughing only because it's me, only a plastic seat and clorox wipes.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 28th, 2011, 09:18 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
If the covers aren't available i use TP. I would never use those if I bought them.

February 28th, 2011, 09:21 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! Would absolutely use these. The thought of public toilet seats make me want to vomit.

Paula- even tho the seat doesn't look dirty how do you know maybe someone didn't do something on it then just wipe it off? The bacteria would still be there. Blood, bodily fluids etc etc. Omg I'm freaking out right now LOL!
February 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM
I wanted to add that after Ben's incident at 2 mo I assume MRSA is everywhere. All it takes is for anyone to have one tiny abrasion or opening on their skin and there you have an opening for the staph to get in. A boil on ones bottom is no fun and I still hear Ben screaming when the doctor had to lance the one on Ben's little chin. In our own house I'm obviously not that germ phobic but in public absolutely.
February 28th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gr8kiddos View Post
If the covers aren't available i use TP. I would never use those if I bought them.
Ditto

February 28th, 2011, 11:03 AM
I am seriously thinking of getting some. I don't like sitting BReana on the toilet seat.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 28th, 2011, 11:14 AM
It's been proven that public toilet seats are no dirty than anything else public. Do you lysol and wipe down the chairs before you sit in a restaurant? One of the dirtiest things, is the thing you swipe your credit card through. Do you wipe that before pushing those buttons or signing with that pen?
Germs are EVERYWHERE and it's just part of life. Not fearing them builds up your immune system.
Do I think it's coincidence that my kids are never really sick? No.

February 28th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Oh I know germs are everywhere and I know we must come into contact with them to build our immune systems, but the thought of a public toilet seat that other people sat on with possible infections on THEIR rear ends just sends me into freak out mode. I'm telling you, your child has MRSA on their face and it makes you very paranoid.

I realize those credit card machines are bloody germ magnets so I do wipe my hands after using them. I try very hard to not touch things in public. MRSA resides in peoples noses so when I see people sneeze or scratch their nose then touch public things like door handles I wanna scream at them. My kids are rarely sick. They usually get one winter cold a year, that lasts 5 days if that then it's over. We never get the flu. Me and my oldest son have each had it once back in 04.

I wasn't being critical, I'm just freak about public bathrooms. It's like when they do the studies where they test the bottoms of womens purses and feces always turns up. Now I always hang my purse up, or hold it. I just don't know why it's so hard for people to use public restrooms and not be dirty. I always try to be conscienscous of other people using something after me.
February 28th, 2011, 12:41 PM
I know you weren't being critical, I'm just saying it doesn't bother me. Now it's their is crap sprayed all over the bathroom or you can see pee on the floor, I move to the next one. I mean, that's just gross!
But if it appears clean, then I see no problem using them. Usually, I squat over it anyway. I use TP for Em or I hover her over it. I just don't have the time or space to carry extra stuff!
We always wash our hands, we carry sanitizer, so I don't sweat the small stuff.
If you think about how small area of skin actually touches the seat, it's less frightening maybe. None of your "parts" touch the seat, just those couple inches of cheek. lol

February 28th, 2011, 12:48 PM
You got some valid points Paula

February 28th, 2011, 01:09 PM
I am definitely one of those people who stresses about taking my 3 year old to a public bathroom. Besides their behind touching the toilet, their legs and clothes usually touch the front of the toilet, and if you are at a unisex bathroom you can imagine all the germs in that area that will rub against your kids' pants.

My husband is a total germaphobe and created PottyCover (one word) for our daughter couple of years ago and now it is sold on Amazon and all BuyBuy Baby stores around the country. Please check it out, it covers the whole toilet seat including the sides where kids hold on to balance and also the front of the toilet.

Last edited by Shak; March 2nd, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
February 28th, 2011, 02:27 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
It's been proven that public toilet seats are no dirty than anything else public. Do you lysol and wipe down the chairs before you sit in a restaurant? One of the dirtiest things, is the thing you swipe your credit card through. Do you wipe that before pushing those buttons or signing with that pen?
Germs are EVERYWHERE and it's just part of life. Not fearing them builds up your immune system.
That's what I was going to say- LOL.

I bought a foldable plastic toilet seat topper (more to make the hole smaller than to protect from germs) and never really ended up using it. I think I used it once. Kind of like those disposable placemats. I was given some, but forgot to use them ever.

February 28th, 2011, 10:23 PM
pearlica's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I agree! If the toilet is obviously dirty I wouldnt use it or wouldnt let T use it, but otherwise I dont have a problem sitting on it or having her sit on it.
February 28th, 2011, 11:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not sure I would use them.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search