Renewing Vows?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What do you think of this? Would you do this? Have you?

While my wedding was fine and what not, it wasn't my "dream come true" when it came down to the location and a few other things. When we were married we rushed it as our original date was 3 weeks after Thomas was due. (Set it before we knew we were expecting.) Tom and me had discussed renewing our vows for our 10 year anniversary. It's still just over 4 years away, but the thought scares me to think of all the planning...........

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
February 28th, 2011, 08:08 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weird... I was just thinking about this earlier today!

I'd probably think of doing something to rehonor our vows when we've been married 25 years. Not necessarily a renewal, since I don't think they go bad .

I think it's a nice idea, especially if things were not really on your side to make it work from the get go. Our situation wasn't my fairytale and we've already had some tough times. I know we're going to come out stronger on the other end. I'd like to do something that's low stress and exactly the way we want it. Our wedding was pretty darn close, but it just felt weird with Levi already being there and a lot of people invited themselves.

February 28th, 2011, 08:12 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
We did this! Ian and I had been engaged for 6 months when I got pregnant with Cohen (not planned) and we had just put down a deposit at a resort in Maui for our wedding when we found out. Well, we ended up going to the courthouse two months after getting the BFP for insurance purposes and then had our vow renewal when the wedding was supposed to happen the following year. Cohen was there and it was a lot of fun.

From that night

Brunch that morning

Not a great pic, but the ceremony

February 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Probably not. We're not real big renew your vows kind of people lol. We didn't have a huge wedding by any means. Got married in a tiny little wedding chapel/bed & breakfast in my favorite city and only had a few guests. It was quaint and romantic and enough for us. We have good memories from that day. I remember at the time I had people asking me if I was sure I wanted to do it that way because I'd probably regret it. I have no regrets 5 years later, just great memories.
February 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Nope, we just did a courthouse wedding and if it wasn't for insurance and other benefits i am not sure we would have gotten married, i know we would still be together but some disagree but i don't think i need a ceremony or a piece of paper to be with someone it was never important to me

February 28th, 2011, 10:01 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am not sure we will do that.

2gr8kiddos those pictures are great

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

February 28th, 2011, 10:09 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've always wanted to do this. I think my "wedding" is my one regret in life. I didn't have one. I flew to Florida and married Jay while he was there training with the Air Force. I flew home alone, he flew to England. It was a "do it now or wait 3 years" kind of deal. I wanted to marry him, but I wish we could have had a real wedding, with our families there, my Grandpa to give me away, my Mom to see her only daughter walk down the aisle. A wedding dress, a wedding cake, a first dance, etc...
Jay seems to have no interest in it.
I'm not sure there is a point anymore. My Grandparents are gone, both my brothers live on the other side of the country.
I guess that's just one thing I'll have to live with and then live vicariously through my own daughters when they get married.

February 28th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to shannonkcc
We have been discussing this for a couple years now. Our 10 yr is next year. I want to have a big wedding. Our wedding was very small. We had just moved to another state so we didnt know many people. I was also 7 months pregnant. We originally planned to get married in Dec but when we found out I was pregnant I uped the date to Aug. We will see what happens. I dont have much more time to plan.

Thank you "Babydoll213" for a beautiful siggie.

February 28th, 2011, 12:11 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Paula-take comfort in the fact that despite not having a real wedding you have a great marriage. Some of the best, lasting marriages I know of started in courthouses or tiny wedding chapels. Since Jay has no interest in vow renewal definitely take advantage of having 3 daughters!!
February 28th, 2011, 10:52 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd like to do it. Our wedding wasn't about us, it was about my mother. I'd like to do it again and do it the way we wanted to in the first place.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search