Thursday Thoughts

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 3rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
What are your thoughts on "the latest fads"? Do you join the crown and "have to have/do it"? Or do you just be yourself and do/wear/own whatever even if it's not conisdere "in" anymore?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 3rd, 2011, 08:47 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I try to stick to classic styles, but will buy a trendy piece here or there. I love clothes and shopping for them. And handbags. Love handbags. I try to buy ones that will be cool the following year so I can get my money out of them.

Great. Now I'm in the mood to go shopping lol

As far as doing whatever is popular at that moment. Usually not. For example when everyone started saying 'Epic Fail' I didn't. I hear that and wanna puke. It's an annoying expression! I have always pretty much done my own thing. Don't jump on bandwagons.

Last edited by catherineclare; March 3rd, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
March 3rd, 2011, 08:50 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I stick with classic styles.. I can't afford to keep up with the latest trends..

March 3rd, 2011, 09:14 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I stick to what I am comfortable in.

I tend to not follow the current fads

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 3rd, 2011, 10:22 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well considering the newest is "Back to the 80's" I refuse to follow. The rule is "if you've already worn it, let it be.."
I tend to stick with my basics. Jeans are always in, though I think skinny jeans are fugly. lol
I guess I wear whatever I like. Those ginormous purses that everyone carries, again.. fugly!

March 3rd, 2011, 10:56 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha! I really like skinny jeans, but I make sure my shirt or sweater covers my butt when I wear them. I like them when I'm wearing my boots. No extra bunched up material inside the boot. Now that being said A LOT of people should not wear them or they should cover their booty up if they do lol!

And I also love big handbags lol! Paula, I'm thinking you'd hate how I dress!
March 3rd, 2011, 11:50 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
big handbags scare me, what are women hiding in there? I have a small over the shoulder canvas bag, it's 12in deep and 8in wide, and completely FLAT when empty, yet large enough for my wallet, keys, cell, 2 diapers, travel wipes and a bottle of water, and if I wanted I could fit a small make up bag in there. Why would I need anything larger??!

Skinny jeans? Oh my. Yes, I like the look on some. I cannot pull it off. Even with a shirt over my butt. My thighs are way too cratered.

I stick to jeans, and basic solids or stripes with shirts. And that's leaving the house, in the house: sweats and a tank. What more do I need?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Big handbags are good for making you look smaller. I sort of use some of the latest fads but adapt them to suit my own style. Like the 80's thing. Colours are apart of it so I team black pants with a lovely coloured top. I do like leggings under skirts. Actually makes me wear skirts more often. I don't feel as self concious. I used to be a real clothes horse. I'm hoping once I've lost about 4 dress sizes I will be again. Can't bring myself to do it at this size. I don't feel like I have a right to be overly fashionable about a certain size.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 3rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I can't afford to buy all the latest trends and I'm perfectly fine with that. I do have some skinny jeans but they are maternity (oxymoron?! ) and a gift from my mom for xmas. I wonder what people think when I wear them? I dress pretty conservatively for the most part.

Tags
gtky , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search