Miscarriage=Death Penalty??

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Someone *please* tell me there aren't people *really* like this still?!

photos :: cheese video by littleduckie6 - Photobucket

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 4th, 2011, 05:25 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
i'm confused. It was just a video of Thomas wanting some parmesean cheese

March 4th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
^-- Same here..

March 4th, 2011, 05:55 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I saw your post on FB. Obviously that law would never pass, but that "law maker" should be shot between the eyes.

March 4th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Georgia Law Aims To Make Miscarriages A Death Penalty For Women Sky's Universal Predications

yea, I had the link to the video, not *my* video... weird.... This is really bugging me, I knew there were people out there that believed a bunch of ridiculousness, but never thought someone would actual be well known enough to get his voice heard...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 4th, 2011, 06:20 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That guy is just DUMB! I can't believe he has any sort of meaningful, productive, paying job, since he's obviously ignorant.

March 4th, 2011, 07:08 AM
elsi2009's Avatar Veteran
the abortion bill in Utah is kind of similar ( same "direction" somehow ) Utah Miscarriage Law Reduces Women to Fetus Incubators | Gender | AlterNet
March 4th, 2011, 08:33 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that is bull. you can't control your body if it miscarrys.

Usually it means there is a reason.

to all the ladies that has had one.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 4th, 2011, 09:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
People that stupid make me angry it will never pass, all that would do is make mothers not seek prenatal care for fear if something happens they could get in trouble, not to mention i think a woman should have a rigth to choose even if that is not the decision I would make

March 4th, 2011, 10:10 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
That's stupid, how could you be charged with murder by having a miscarriage? You don't plan a miscarriage. He's an idiot.

March 4th, 2011, 10:52 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess I'm going to go read a real article on this. This was just someone's blog right? I'm guessing it's not a published article by a journalist due to the tone. Anyway going to go research this proposed law.

And for the record I'm pro-life and neither I nor any pro-life people I know want to require women that have had abortions to wear big scarlet letter A's on their chest. That's ridiculous.
March 4th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Ok, I have never heard of this guy, but he's obviously an idiot. He wants rape victims to be called 'accusers' too. Obviously this law would never pass in a million years, but the fact he's even trying is ludicrous. No offense please to anyone in GA, but weren't they also the state that kept a black male teenager in prison for having consensual oral sex with his girlfriend? That case was a huge mess and I'm not sure he's even out yet! I feel so bad for him. I've lived in the south for many years and while I love parts some can still be a bit backward. Again, no offense whatsoever to anyone residing in the south, like I said lived there many many years.

In politics there will always be extremes on both sides and small factions that vote for these people, doesn't mean everyone on the right or left believe like the extremists.
March 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
i'm pro-life too and would never want a woman to feel like she had a scarlett A on her chest at all times. i'm sure the emotional guilt she feels is tremendous, and who am i to wag a finger at her in shame? that man must think himself some sort of god (insert vomit)

March 4th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Exactly Hayley- obviously the state rep is a complete jerk, but it ticks me off the blogger made the statement about anyone pro-life. Again, I don't know anyone who wants that from a woman. If anything the prolife people I know would offer support and guidance to help a woman after making that choice.
March 4th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I didn't find that link, I originally had the video from msnbc or cnn, it's on my FB from this morning...

msnbc.com Video Player

I just cannot believe there are *stilll* people like this. I must be the most horrible person in the world to this man. I've had a miscarriage as well has done the one thing so many people fight against. (Which I regret more than anyone can ever begin to believe..) It makes me ill. Women, suffer so much when they m/c. I *still* fight the guilt, and I *know* I did nothing to cause it. One of my friends in my 05 pr said it perfectly, "Way to kick a woman while she's down."

I just don't understand how someone like this can be elected....

March 4th, 2011, 06:51 PM
This morning when I told my mom about this her response was 'Please tell me he's not a Republican.'. I am a conservative and this disgusts me. I honestly don't know *any* fellow conservatives that vote a guy in who believes like this. A miscarriage?? He wants to imprison a woman for a miscarriage? It's crazy. If I was in gov't I would want to be doing studies on WHY so many women are miscarrying and having multiple miscarriages. Of course women have been having them since the dawn of time and it's natures way of taking care of a faulty pregnancy, but it seems fertility issues are out of control. I want to see what environmental factors are contributing to our fertility issues be it stuff sprayed on our foods, hormone inhibitors in cleansers etc etc.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I feel like I have to speak out because not every Republican thinks like this freak.
March 5th, 2011, 04:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
This morning when I told my mom about this her response was 'Please tell me he's not a Republican.'. I am a conservative and this disgusts me. I honestly don't know *any* fellow conservatives that vote a guy in who believes like this. A miscarriage?? He wants to imprison a woman for a miscarriage? It's crazy. If I was in gov't I would want to be doing studies on WHY so many women are miscarrying and having multiple miscarriages. Of course women have been having them since the dawn of time and it's natures way of taking care of a faulty pregnancy, but it seems fertility issues are out of control. I want to see what environmental factors are contributing to our fertility issues be it stuff sprayed on our foods, hormone inhibitors in cleansers etc etc.

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but I feel like I have to speak out because not every Republican thinks like this freak.

I've been wondering this too, is it because we are all so better connected and women aren't (usually) made to feel embarrassed? Or is it, like you said, environmental factors? I do think the increase of fertility issues stem from chemicals we either inhale or consume on a daily basis, but obviously I have no evidence. Hmm... If both of us feel that way, I wonder how many others do?

Maybe it's just bc I've been on JM were so many women are brought together, but it seems that the amount of miscarriages, still births, neonatal deaths, and infant deaths has gone up tremendously over just the past 6 years, back when JM had less than 10,000 members, it happened, but not nearly this often it seemed, was it just because thing weren't as viral, women didn't speak up, or is it really increasing with time?

March 5th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Never mind..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 5th, 2011 at 10:34 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search