Gray hair?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Do you have any? Dye over them to cover, or not yet?

What about hubby?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 10th, 2011, 07:15 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh. I do have gray hairs and I will drive myself crazy if I see one. I will stand and pull them out for an hour! I died my hair awhile ago because of the gray but I don't like the color, it wasn't dark enough.
I haven't seen any in awhile, which means the ones I pulled should be sprouting again soon. lol

Oh and DH's hair is short so it's hard to tell but his goatee has been gray for years. That's thanks to the jet oil.

March 10th, 2011, 07:17 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I have two. I've never colored my hair in any way. I'm debating if I ever will. I'm really bad at keeping up with stuff like that. I'd rather look older than sloppy, because my roots are all gray or something

Hubby probably has a few grays. I feel bad for him, though. He's losing his hair SO fast. He's only 25 and has significant bald spots. So sad, because he just grew his hair out for the first time (before saying bon voyage) and it's so fun and curly... he's getting to the point where he might have to shave it all off though .

March 10th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I have vary little gray hair. Which I'm surprised about since I'm going to be in my "mid" thirties this year..

I know the spots where they "sprout" at and I just pluck it.. No need to dye my hair since I don't have that much.

A friend of mine saw one and told me I had pretty gray hair.. I said, how could it be pretty all wiry and white! lol

My DH has a few gray hairs..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 10th, 2011 at 09:39 AM.
March 10th, 2011, 07:48 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yep I have em. Mostly on my temples. I actually colored my hair back in October after getting it cut and it didn't cover any of them. As soon as I move tho I'm getting my hair cut and I'll recolor it. I don't have time to stand and tweeze them all out lol

Hubby has been grey for about 3 years now. His hair went from blonde to grey over the course of a year. It works on him tho.
March 10th, 2011, 07:53 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes I have them and I dye my hair to cover them.

Dh doesn't have any yet

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 10th, 2011, 04:46 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Not yet, but it will be a VERY VERY sad day in my life when I discover the 1st one. I don't even want to think about it.

DH has had a couple that I just pull out. I'd rather have him go gray than bald (his head is HUGE and would look so incredibly bad )

March 10th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Nope to both i think i would cry if i started to go gray at 25

March 10th, 2011, 05:37 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
25 is when I started getting grey hair! Hubby too. Some people go grey really early. It's really not as bad as you think. I don't sit around and dwell on it lol
March 10th, 2011, 06:10 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I haven't found one yet, but Tom has the salt and pepper look. He got his 1st at 19, and by 22, it was pretty much the way it is now, just not "as" gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
I think I have two. I've never colored my hair in any way. I'm debating if I ever will. I'm really bad at keeping up with stuff like that. I'd rather look older than sloppy, because my roots are all gray or something

Hubby probably has a few grays. I feel bad for him, though. He's losing his hair SO fast. He's only 25 and has significant bald spots. So sad, because he just grew his hair out for the first time (before saying bon voyage) and it's so fun and curly... he's getting to the point where he might have to shave it all off though .
Sounds like my FIL. I feel bad for my SIL's son, it's supposed to pass down to the daughters son... I just hope my boys dont..
FIL was bald with just a small ring of hair from behind his ears and around the back, by the age of 25. He started losing it at 19...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 11th, 2011, 03:41 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't have any.

Rodger has a few. He's going bald too. He had Forrest Gumps receding hair line. He's been going bald since he was about 16. Runs in the family for him with the men. I think he'll end up with the ring around the back and then a small tuft on top.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Tags
gtky , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search