Yelling at the TV?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Do you ever find yourself so caught up in a show or movie that you talk to or even yell at the TV as if they can hear you?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 10th, 2011, 07:20 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No. DH and my dad do. It always makes me jump.

I'm a super passive TV watcher. It takes a lot to get me to laugh or anything. However I tear up sometimes now that I'm a mom.

March 10th, 2011, 07:22 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course! All the time!
DOOL hears my opinions on a daily basis.
Biggest Loser knows when I think they made the wrong choice.
Even House hears it when I think he's being just too mean.

And if the baseball game is on, Watch out!!

March 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes and no. Depends on the show. If it's some stupid reality show then yes. I don't yell I just state my opinion.

Monica- I'm with you on the laughing thing. Sometimes I will think something is really funny and will be laughing on the inside, but not a peep will come out of me lol!
March 10th, 2011, 08:02 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yes I do.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, but I have wanted to.
March 10th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
No but i will change the channel for a second if something one of the caracters do is really bugging me

March 10th, 2011, 03:56 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At political stuff I don't agree with, and also if it's a show like Idol or something (which I haven't watched in years) and there's someone horrible on.

March 10th, 2011, 04:54 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
yell? not so much, but i do talk back to the tv. it's the one chance to say something to someone's face, mean it, and not be heard by them.

March 10th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I do it ALL THE TIME, with biggest loser, teen mom, (Man..if only Janelle, Kailin? whatever her name is, and Chelsea could here the crap I yell at them...), any scary movie, and any baby shows.....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
yes I do all the time. My husband likes to remind me, that they can't hear me LOL!

March 11th, 2011, 11:21 AM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
I do it ALL THE TIME, with biggest loser, teen mom, (Man..if only Janelle, Kailin? whatever her name is, and Chelsea could here the crap I yell at them...), any scary movie, and any baby shows.....
Nicole - I want to do more than yell at them!
March 11th, 2011, 04:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jennifer* View Post
Nicole - I want to do more than yell at them!
Tell me about it! Janelle REALLY pisses me off. Reminds me of my cousin's wife.
Chealea is just an f ing moron, she reminds me of my sister. Pathetic. Afraid to be alone, parents paying for everything, though living on her own... Pisses me off...
And the other one, Kailin or whatever her name is.. I mean come on!?!? WTH? Jo is only acting like a possessive butt hole because you show him and his family, and your son absolutely NO respect! You shouldn't be dating. You should focus on school, work, and your **** kid.

March 11th, 2011, 04:24 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have been known to do it...

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 12th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I don't yell at the TV.. I never get that worked up.. Not in my nature..

But my DH does.. Especially during football season.. Drives me CRAZY!

March 12th, 2011, 12:29 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post
Tell me about it! Janelle REALLY pisses me off. Reminds me of my cousin's wife.
Chealea is just an f ing moron, she reminds me of my sister. Pathetic. Afraid to be alone, parents paying for everything, though living on her own... Pisses me off...
And the other one, Kailin or whatever her name is.. I mean come on!?!? WTH? Jo is only acting like a possessive butt hole because you show him and his family, and your son absolutely NO respect! You shouldn't be dating. You should focus on school, work, and your **** kid.

At least some of the girls in the first season tried to be good moms! They are so selfish/immature this season. None of them seem to notice they're digging themselves into deeper holes. If I yelled at the TV, I'd yell at teen mom.

March 12th, 2011, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
At least some of the girls in the first season tried to be good moms! They are so selfish/immature this season. None of them seem to notice they're digging themselves into deeper holes. If I yelled at the TV, I'd yell at teen mom.
What ticks me off is they are getting paid, and have all this help from mommy, daddy, or the baby's daddy's parents.

Wish they would have put me on that show when I had Thomas. I'd love to show them how a responsible teen mother would have done it. Shown them how even with the baby's daddy working full time, mommy still needed to work two full time jobs to make it that first year. I'd love to show them what a responsible teen mother does with her free time, like napping, getting in some tv. Going out? What was that??!? Friends over every day? What friends wanted to come hang out and listen to baby talk all day??!

Instead of seeing a bunch of moron's ***** ab not getting *everything* they want, they'd see a teen mother who woke up, did baby duty, then did mom stuff, while watching 3 other kids all day, while trying to keep up with laundry and other housework, then rushing to get the baby off to the sitter so mom could make it to the 2nd job. Then crying that she's missing out on so much time with her baby. Then coming home well after bedtime, to clean up Daddy's mess, and get every thing ready for the next day.

Uh, I *wish* I had it even a fraction of how easy they have it.

Tags
gtky , qotd , television

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search