Shopping with a toddler?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How is your LO when you take them shopping with you?
Do they always ride in the cart, or do they ever walk?
Do they try to help you?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 15th, 2011, 06:39 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is your LO when you take them shopping with you? Very good
Do they always ride in the cart, or do they ever walk? Always ride
Do they try to help you? Nope

March 15th, 2011, 08:28 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley

March 15th, 2011, 08:47 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
She's good, ALWAYS in the cart. They are just too little at this age to be walking through a store. I JUST started letting Emily walk and that's only if it's a quick trip or I won't have enough room in the back of the cart for her.

March 15th, 2011, 09:18 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm the bad mom and let Ben walk. He lasts 2 seconds in a cart. If it's me, Ben and my oldest I just carry him and put him down a few times to look at stuff. If my husband comes along he takes Ben and they go wandering.

Obviously if the store is very busy we don't do this AND we make sure he is in no ones way becaide that's annoying to other shoppers.
March 15th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
]How is your LO when you take them shopping with you? Very good
Do they always ride in the cart, or do they ever walk? Only if both dh and i go otherwise always in the cart
Do they try to help you? Yes, you hand it to her and then she put it in the big basket

March 15th, 2011, 11:31 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander is pretty good. He rides and Breana walks unless she doesn't listen then she in the back of the cart.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 15th, 2011, 03:22 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
I guess for her age, Catie's pretty well behaved. She does ride in the cart, sometimes she gets antsy in the top part (trying to stand up, or turn around) if that happens I'll let her stand in the back. I don't let Catie walk, she'd run away from me.

March 15th, 2011, 03:36 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy is pretty good. Depending on what we have to do I might let her walk a little. I'm a firm believer in that they won't know how to walk alongside me if I don't let them do it from a young age. She doesn't really touch much when I let her walk. She's just happy to walk.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 15th, 2011, 03:44 PM
I agree Mellie. Ben won't wander in a store. If I start to walk away he's right on my heels. He likes to walk over to stuff and touch it with his index finger then walks off lol. Obviously I don't let him walk in the parking lot like I see some moms do, but in the store he's fine as long as he's out of the way. They gotta learn somehow.
March 15th, 2011, 04:47 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sergio's going through a terrible new clingy phase where he refuses to sit in the cart or stroller for long enough for me to get anything done. He used to sit along in the double stroller or shopping cart just fine, but in the past month has gotten really cranky about it and stands himself up and asks, "Up, up, up," and cries the whole time.

Previously he was ok with it if I got him a snack and drink if it was an extended time.

I just now started letting Hugo, my older one, walk and that is not for extended periods of time because I don't want him touching things or walking away if I stop to look at something.

March 15th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
How is your LO when you take them shopping with you? A.J doesn't care for shopping..
Do they always ride in the cart, or do they ever walk? I either wear him or he sits in the cart...
Do they try to help you Not really..

March 15th, 2011, 08:57 PM
That made me giggle when you said AJ doesn't care for shopping LOL! typical male!
March 16th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
The boys walk, we have a "one hand on cart" rule as well as a "one finger" rule if they want to touch something I have not told them to pick up and put in the cart. Bailey LOVES to help, mostly she sits in the cart, and we will hand her things and she'll toss them in the back, other times she will walk and hold my hand or Tom's, only walks when we are both there.

None of the kids like shopping if it's a long trip, but love running in for quick trips.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
That made me giggle when you said AJ doesn't care for shopping LOL! typical male!
He is horrible too! Especially in the cart.. I usually have the same routine when I go into a store called Fred Myers.. I always go to the kids clothing before going to the food section.. EVERY TIME I enter the clothes isle, he moans and starts leaning back into the cart, he is basically moaning and staring at the lights at the same time.. So now I don't really have the time to pick through the reduced price racks, which are usually 50% off the marked down price..

March 16th, 2011, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
He is horrible too! Especially in the cart.. I usually have the same routine when I go into a store called Fred Myers.. I always go to the kids clothing before going to the food section.. EVERY TIME I enter the clothes isle, he moans and starts leaning back into the cart, he is basically moaning and staring at the lights at the same time.. So now I don't really have the time to pick through the reduced price racks, which are usually 50% off the marked down price..
I miss my fred Meyer soo much i loved that place it was 5 min away when i lived in oregon, i am jelous you can still carry him to Elise loves to be in the carrier but at more then thrity pounds is wayyy to heavy

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search