Monica!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How are you feeling???? I've been thinking about you and that precious little baby boy all morning.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 15th, 2011, 06:53 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Annoyed?!

I'm feeling back to normal. I had SO many contractions yesterday. About one every 10 minutes for maybe 3 hours, then they fizzled out around dinner. I had some bloody show this morning. Physically I'm doing great, mentally I'm worn out.

It's just crazy how many of the early labor signs I'm checking off. BH's, loss of mucus plug, bloody show, "false" labor, baby very low, etc. This baby likes to go by the books I guess! Levi's was so much more spontaneous with only my water breaking. I'm starting to feel like it's my first and I have no idea what labor feels like.

I'm hoping that since I'm actually having signs of labor, that labor will go faster. If I have all this pre labor, plus a 22 hour labor again, that's just not fair .

I really want the baby to come, so DH will be home and I can see my mom!
ETA: Oh, and meet the little guy! My brain is not working.

Last edited by monica8; March 15th, 2011 at 06:55 AM.
March 15th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It "sounds" like it can be at any time. I'm hoping you have a much shorter time in actual labor this time. I keep stalking your posts and FB waiting to see you say it's time.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 15th, 2011, 08:39 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I think it's going to be soon too! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

March 15th, 2011, 08:41 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I also think it is going tobe soon!!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 15th, 2011, 08:42 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've thought about you all day too. I think it could be any minute!! I hope today!

March 15th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hope he comes soon and quickly for you

March 15th, 2011, 03:59 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hopefully it won't be long!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 16th, 2011, 03:06 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
bump!

March 17th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Still here! Pretty much everything stopped . I feel like it could be a few more days now. A little bummed, but I can't say I'm that surprised. I just don't want to make it to my appointment Monday, since she gets antsy to induce after 40 weeks.

March 17th, 2011, 07:02 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Have you been doing anything to help start labor?

I tried EVERYTHING I could find online to get things to start.
Play with your nips every chance you can, use your pointer finger and thumb to rub deep circles in between your thumb and pointer finger on the opposite hand, bouncing on an exercise ball, get on your hands and knees and rock back and forth, highly orgasmic sex, and if not comfortable, highly orgasmic masturbation. pointer and middle finger rubbing deep circles right above your ankle bone, on the inside of the ankle not the outside. Walk, walk, walk 1/2 a glass of red wine... Um...Won't suggest castor oil that crap is NASTY and didn't do a thing. Evening primrose oil (pill form) inserted in your 'gina, as close to the cervix as possible.. (will soften it, not help start labor, just pop a hole in the pill so the oil comes out..)

I swear, I spent all of weeks 37, 38, and 39 trying to get Bailey out. None of it will work unless your body is ready, but the nipple stimulation really got contractions going for me numerous times.

March 17th, 2011, 08:30 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
aww.. How exciting.

I wouldn't rush it.. I had no signs of labor with both of my kids.. Took Pitocin to get them out and I worked 10 hour shifts on my feet up to the day before they were induced.. I figured if all of that walking I did wouldn't kick start labor, nothing would..

March 17th, 2011, 01:22 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Monica if it's any comfort I went 40 weeks 2 days with Ben and at my 40 week 1 day appt I had nothing going on! Not dilated, no contrax, baby was high then boom less than 24 hours later we had our baby!

I'll say a prayer the little tyke comes soon tho, I get the trying to avoid an induction. My OB with my first forced me into one (back before I knew what was up!). Oh and you could try nipple stim. My midwife had me do it, but only after I was in active labor and in the shower.
March 17th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh and the Best part about nip stimulation is it is soooo relaxing until the ctx start.

March 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Nicole-did you really think it was relaxing?? Or are u being a smartypants lol? I hated it! I did it for about 20 min so my contrax could be regular and couldn't wait to be done.
March 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
nipple stimulation and DTD/Oing in general sound awful! I am so not one of those people whose sex drive goes up in pregnancy.

I'm alright to make it a few more days. Yesterday was harder than today. I took a nap today... I think that helped.

Luckily my doc will let me go to 42 weeks before inducing... I just get the "are you SURE you don't want me to strip your membranes?" a lot. She doesn't really get why I want to wait until things start naturally, but respects it.

March 17th, 2011, 05:22 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to guess he's coming ON his EDD. I hope I'm wrong though and you go into labor tomorrow!

March 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
You're funny Monica! I remember after my disappointing final appt I had my mom take my oldest out of the house so Hubby and I could get it on!! Wasn't in the mood so much but I was determined that baby was coming out while my mom was there lol
March 17th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
I'm going to guess he's coming ON his EDD. I hope I'm wrong though and you go into labor tomorrow!
From the very beginning I was saying the 19th. It turns out that's the day of the full moon, too. Isn't there some theory that the full moon brings on labor? I hope it doesn't end up being nuts and they have to put me in a closet or something. Last time they made me walk around in the lobby until they had a room for me .

March 18th, 2011, 05:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Nicole-did you really think it was relaxing?? Or are u being a smartypants lol? I hated it! I did it for about 20 min so my contrax could be regular and couldn't wait to be done.
Like I said, until the contractions started. But I like boob play so that may have something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
nipple stimulation and DTD/Oing in general sound awful! I am so not one of those people whose sex drive goes up in pregnancy.

I'm alright to make it a few more days. Yesterday was harder than today. I took a nap today... I think that helped.

Luckily my doc will let me go to 42 weeks before inducing... I just get the "are you SURE you don't want me to strip your membranes?" a lot. She doesn't really get why I want to wait until things start naturally, but respects it.
Monica, I also did NOT have a drive when pregnant, but I wanted Bailey out so much that I was willing. And when pregnant, it takes A LOT to get me even willing to dtd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Paula~ View Post
I gotta say, going on your EDD, when you least expect it is something to always look back at and get excited about, and you're already used to the date. I will never forget going to my OB and being set for an induction the next day even though it was my EDD. Why induce me one day late?? I never would have guess I'd go on my own before 6 am the next day. Then bam 6 pm in labor. 8 pm at the hospital, 9 he was out. Collin's birthday on his EDD and the easy peasy drug free labor combined with an easy recovery. I hate to play favorites, but if I could re-do his birth each time I'd have a foot ball team.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search