LO's Names?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How long did it take you and DH to come up with your LO's names?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2011, 08:07 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not long.

With Kayla, the second I poas I said if it's a Girl, she'll be Kayla Ann.
Good thing she was because I was stumped on boy names. At the time I was leaning toward Dylan.

With Emily, it wasn't long but the longest of the 3. I wanted the name Emma, dh hated it. He suggested Emily and I loved it. He said June for a middle name because his Grandmas name is June. We hadn't even gotten our BFP yet, this was all decided when we were ttc.

With Abby, I knew when we were ttc but couldn't say 100% because DH's cousin was pregnant and liked the name as well. She was due first, so she had first dibs. She found out she was having a girl when I was about 12 weeks pregnant. They decided on the name Sydney though. So around 13-14 weeks pregnant we knew we'd name ours Abigail Grace if she was a girl. Noah James for a boy (would have been if Em had been a boy as well).
Honestly though, I wanted to name Abby, Abby and not Abigail but DH refused to allow me to give her a "nickname" as a name. Grace I just liked and thought it went well with Abigail.

March 22nd, 2011, 08:18 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Levi took us the whole 9 months and 2 days in the hospital.

This time it took about half of the pregnancy.

If we ever have a girl, she's been named since we found out we were pregnant with Levi. It took 2 seconds to come up with that name of course!

March 22nd, 2011, 08:38 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We ususally had it decided on by the time I was 28 weeks. For this baby we decided on Kaitlynn Angelica.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

March 22nd, 2011, 10:14 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
With Cohen we knew a week or two before the 20 week scan. With Abram, it took a lot longer, and as natural as it is for me to call him Abe now, I still see him more as a Noah His middle name also took longer to decide on. Cohen's mn is a family name from my side and so Dh wanted to use a family name from his side. Well I didn't want him to be named for anyone on his side because they're either terrible names or dead beats. We ended up giving Abe DH's mn and I love it. This time we've been pretty set since around 20 weeks. I'm really happy with the names we've picked.

March 22nd, 2011, 10:23 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
It took us 7 months to come up with Anthony Joseph.. I honestly found it harder to come up with a name for a boy.. Didn't want a common name or a not so common name.. Anthony is in the middle.

Adriana only took us a few weeks after I found out I was having a girl.. I originally wanted Arianna but DH said no.. Reminds him of areolies. lol My DH BF middle name is Adriana and when I heard it I fell in love with the name... I loved that Adriana was unique but not so common or made up.. Fits my daughter well..

March 22nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
And Hayley you're going to leave us wondering, aren't you?

March 22nd, 2011, 02:23 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would say about half the pregnancy.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 22nd, 2011, 04:31 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had them pretty set in stone by about 12 weeks.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 22nd, 2011, 05:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
thomas was decided well before we had kids. Collin and Bailey in the 6th week of the pregnancy, but I m/c. Collin-already decided. Bailey already decided, boy name was decided around 10 weeks.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2011, 07:35 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We knew Hugo's for the whole length of our relationship because he is the III and we agreed on that.

We picked Sergio's while pregnant with Hugo. While pregnant with Sergio we came up with another boy name in case we ever have another one.

March 22nd, 2011, 08:01 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
I had Ashleigh's name picked out in the 4th grade. Since about the age of 10 i told anyone who would listen that if I ever had a girl her name would be Ashleigh. The middle name Hazel, my husband picked out after his grandmother while we were TTC.

Madisyn Alivia=I had the name Madisyn picked out about a week before I got my positive HPT. The entire time ken and i were TTC her, I had 2 girl names that I loved: madisyn and Mackenzie. And the week before the positive I decided that Madisyn was my favorite. Ken picked the middle name Alivia about 6 months into the pregnancy (i didn't think we'd ever come up with a middle name, before we settled on Alivia, we thought of Sage or Hannah)

Emely Rose= For the first 9wks or so of her pregnancy I liked the name Emma Kaye. But then I kind of got bored with that name LOL! Madisyn and Ashleigh was watching little bear one day and the one character's name is Emily. I really liked the sound of that but Ken made it clear that he did not want a "popular" name, so i never mentioned it to him. Then a couple weeks later he said "what do you think of the name Emily" and of course i said that I loved it! We picked Rose to go along with it when I was probably 4-5 months along.

Cathryn Grace= Well i wanted to name her Julia, but we couldn't come up with a middle name. Every suggestion I gave DH nixed. He wanted to name her Ruth. I nixed that because i just don't like that name for a baby. Finally after arguing I told him to pick 2 girls names (ruth could not be one of them) and I would pick which name i liked the best. He picked Cathryn and Katelyn. I chose Cathryn because we already had several katelyn's in our family/friends. But no Cathryns. that same day I told him to suggest a middle name. The first name he suggested was Esther. Eww yuck (yeah that's what i said). The next and the one we picked was grace. A couple of times he tried to go back on the cathryn grace decision, but i told him No this is the name we picked, I've already started calling her that name. I think i was about 15/16wks when we finally decided on her name.

March 23rd, 2011, 12:15 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Oops

Isaac David - calling him Zac
or
Violet Theodora - calling her Teddy

and for those of you who are name nuts like me... all boys names are 5 letters long and their middle names are biblical but also family names. our girl name is actually kind of opposite in that the first name is the family name, and middle name has a reference to God which is important to us. we love the nn Teddy for girl, but couldn't see giving her a nn as first name (i'm like your DH paula) and didn't want to traumatize her by using Theodora as her first name either, because come on, it's not the prettiest name ever haha. we also felt pretty connected to TheoDORA because Abe's only clear word, aside from mama, is still Dora (as in the explorer).

March 23rd, 2011, 07:23 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I love those names Hayley!

March 23rd, 2011, 07:25 AM
Well, I think you're having a girl, so Teddy it is.

Actually one of the things that bugged me about Abby's name is that is doesn't have 5 letters and everyone elses does, including DH's and mine. But after 2 girls, I was running out of ideas. Once I hear a name, I know I like it and usually there is no going back. So I sucked it up and got over the 5 letter thing.
Abby is also the only one not with a mn not after someone in the family.
Ann is my Mom's and my mn, June is Dh's Grandmas name.
I'd be so lost if I had to pick another girls name.

March 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
With my first we didn't find out what we were having so we had to have a boy and girl name. We decided on Ava Grace probably around 30 weeks. We were going back and forth between Ava, Ayla, and Emma. But she's an Ava for sure! As for a boy's name we liked Hunter, but never did decide on a middle name for a boy.

Then when I was pg with Elijah we kind of didn't like Hunter because we couldn't come up with a middle name we liked. DH picked Elijah, but I held off because I was sure I'd call him Eli right from the start and didn't want to nickname him right away. LOL! Don't know why. But it's funny we have never called him Eli, maybe when he's older, but right now it's always Elijah. His middle name Aaron we just both really liked, but it was also the name of a friend of DH's from school. He died in a car accident a few years back. After Elijah was born I was looking at some old newspaper clippings and discovered he was born on the same day as DH's friend Aaron. Creeeeeeeepy....
March 23rd, 2011, 08:46 AM
Jennifer0911's Avatar Mommy of 2 Adorable Girls
Send a message via Yahoo to Jennifer0911
It took us a little while! He loved one name Kaitlyn. And I loved Samantha. Then one day DH came up with a brilliant idea! He said "How about we do Samantha Kaitlyn?!" I was in love! I could be biased but I think it's the most beautiful name ever

Check Out My Blog!!

3-13 @ 14 weeks

Tags
baby names , qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search