Child's ages?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 06:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
How old do you think your LO(s) will be before you leave them home alone?
Wait in the car when you run into the store for something quick, like go pay for gas, or grab a gal of milk?
Go to a sleepover? (Not family/close family friends)
If applicable, how old would your oldest have to be before you would leave them home with their younger siblings?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2011, 06:43 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I left Kayla home for the first time when she was 10. If I was out and about when she got home from school, I didn't freak and she's stay home until I got back.

She went to her first sleepover in 1st grade, I think. It was a girl in her class.

Stay in the car, 10, again. The car really scares me because it just takes a second for someone to hi-jack you.

Stay home with the others, She's almost 12 and she's done it once. DH and I ran to the corner for an hour and Kayla was home with the girls. Em and Abby were in bed though. I don't think I'll leave her with them while they are awake until about 13.

March 22nd, 2011, 08:39 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest is 11 and I've never left him home alone. He has no desire and I'm not comfortable with it at all. I remember I started staying home at 10, but not doing the same with my kids.

I don't leave them in a car, nor will I ever. Too easy to be grabbed, carjacked etc. I use my card for gas so that's not an issue and if I have to run in the store real quick either I wait for Hubby to get home or we all go in.

He stayed at a church friends house in the 2nd grade. That was the only time.

As far as me leaving my oldest with Ben that's not going to happen in the near future. Probably not for like 4 more years. They get along very well, but Ben would freak out if me or his dad were not there.
March 22nd, 2011, 08:57 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it totally depends on the kid or kids, but if they were all responsible and comfortable....

How old do you think your LO(s) will be before you leave them home alone?
10 or 11 for just a little bit
Wait in the car when you run into the store for something quick, like go pay for gas, or grab a gal of milk? Depends where, but maybe 9 and they'd have to lock the doors
Go to a sleepover? (Not family/close family friends) 8
If applicable, how old would your oldest have to be before you would leave them home with their younger siblings? 12

March 22nd, 2011, 09:07 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
How old do you think your LO(s) will be before you leave them home alone? Maybe 12? I think they need to prove they are responsible enough to be trusted alone and that they could handle themselves in an emergency.
Wait in the car when you run into the store for something quick, like go pay for gas, or grab a gal of milk? I've left the boys in the car to drop off dry-cleaning and to get Togos. Both times they have literally been less than 10 steps away and the doors are always locked and the keys are with me. If I were in a sketchy neighborhood, I never would even consider leaving them for a second.
Go to a sleepover? (Not family/close family friends) I don't know, but with all the pervs around I would have to know the family really well and feel comfortable with them.
If applicable, how old would your oldest have to be before you would leave them home with their younger siblings? Probably 12, but I would only leave two of them together at that age, and most likely Cohen and Abe.

March 22nd, 2011, 03:20 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How old do you think your LO(s) will be before you leave them home alone? Not before 14 as before that its illegal
Wait in the car when you run into the store for something quick, like go pay for gas, or grab a gal of milk? Same, 14.
Go to a sleepover? (Not family/close family friends) Not sure on that one. It would depend on who it is.
If applicable, how old would your oldest have to be before you would leave them home with their younger siblings? Again not before 14.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Tags
qotd , thoughts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search