Barbies?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Were you a Barbie lover or hater as a child?

Mom's of girls, will you let your daughter play with Barbies? Will you wait until the first one is gifted, start after a certain age?

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2011, 07:53 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My Mom was a hater so I had 2 Barbies until my brother ruined them. :/ I loved playing with them though and would always go to my friends' house to play with theirs. lol

I bought Kayla Barbies at 5. Her Easter basket that year was all Barbie's.
Emily already plays with them because Kayla still had hers and they kind of just got passed down. For Christmas Santa brought Em the entire set of Disney Princess Barbies. She loves those! Abby already plays with them too because what Emily plays with, Abby does as well.

March 22nd, 2011, 08:03 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Were you a Barbie lover or hater as a child? Loved! I had tons.

Mom's of girls, will you let your daughter play with Barbies? Will you wait until the first one is gifted, start after a certain age? If I ever have girls I'll let them play with barbies. I'll probably just let them play with my old barbies... I still have them all (stored away) and they're still in great shape.

March 22nd, 2011, 10:19 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I didn't love them, but didn't hate them either. I don't remember having more than 1 or 2.

If we ever have a girl I'll buy Barbies for her if she's interested in them.

March 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had barbies growing up and I will let Breana play with them. She actually has a couple. I don't like Hananah Montana so I got rid of that one

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both girls already love Barbies. We are getting a fair collection of them here. I only ever had cheap rip-off barbies growing up so my girls will only have the real thing. And the dream house. I always wanted the dream house. Yeah ok, so its just as much for me as it is for them but I love playing Barbies with them. Lucy just likes to push them around in their car or her pram right now but Jassie is really into it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 22nd, 2011, 05:02 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellieB View Post
Both girls already love Barbies. We are getting a fair collection of them here. I only ever had cheap rip-off barbies growing up so my girls will only have the real thing. And the dream house. I always wanted the dream house. Yeah ok, so its just as much for me as it is for them but I love playing Barbies with them. Lucy just likes to push them around in their car or her pram right now but Jassie is really into it.
I cannot wait for Bailey to get some as gifts, I am too poor to afford the real ones! (15-20 bucks for one doll with just one outfit? Jeez! I used to hate going to my sisters house, yet love it. She had the dream house, the beach house, the mansion, and one other Huge massive house with the real working elevator and lights. Plus all the cool cars! All I had was the travel house (folded into a brief case thing) and the trailer and all my Barbies were so dingy... and I had barely any clothes.....

I cannot wait to play Barbies with Bailey. Strangely, Thomas has asked when Bailey will be old enough.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 22nd, 2011, 05:05 PM
I want the plane. Its a cool plane.

March 22nd, 2011, 05:59 PM
Platinum Supermommy
There's a plane??!?! So cool!

March 22nd, 2011, 06:10 PM

March 22nd, 2011, 07:31 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had several Barbies as a kid. Haven't taken them out of my mom's attic to show the boys, but I have gotten out my Maple Town animals to show Hugo once. (remember those??)

I doubt I will buy the boys any. For one, Hugo is now aware of the "girls' stuff/boys' stuff" thing even though I have tried to keep things gender neutral and says he doesn't care to even look at the girls' stuff unless shopping for a girl friend.
However they were given a Ken doll at some point. Sergio just calls it "baby" and Hugo says his name is Johnny and he uses him as a rider for his model horses.

March 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I loved Barbie's growing up. I actually remember my "Barbie Christmas" when I got a ton of barbies, clothes (some my mom and sisters had made) and the townhouse. I played with Barbies all the time. I also had some hand me down stuff from my sisters who were 13 and 16 years older than me so I had some old stuff growing up too

Oops forgot to add that I will let Ava play with Barbie's but I'm holding out right now because I don't want to be the one to have to dress them. I think she could probably do it, but that's why we haven't gotten her any yet. Maybe this year for birthday.
March 23rd, 2011, 12:11 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't have a girl, but I loved Barbies when I was little. My favorite was my Jewel Secrets Barbie! I think all that stuff is still at my mom's maybe? I really really liked the Maxi dolls! Anyone remember her?? I *think* Tori Spelling was the model pretending to be Maxi in the commercial. Anyway I had Maxi and her friend Ashley that had auburn hair (she was my favorite). I liked them because they had cool clothes and they had normal size boobs and waists. Oh and I don't remember her having that horrible deformed foot from constantly being in a high heel LOL!

Hey does anyone remember when the Barbies legs actually started to bend at the knee? My first barbies only had straight hard plastic legs, loved when she became more bendy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search