Do any of you...

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2011, 05:56 PM
~*Seldom.Seen*~'s Avatar Super Mommy
stepchildren that don't live with you all the time?
If so how does your LO react when the the siblings are there?

March 27th, 2011, 07:15 AM
*Shinobi*'s Avatar Mama to Luke the Monster!
My step son is 14 years old and only stays with us on the weekends. Luke LOVES when "Bubba" is here (his name is Caleb, but Luke can't pronounce it) and asks for him through out the week. When I bring Luke home from daycare on Friday and he sees his big brother, he is super excited! He follows Caleb like a puppy all weekend. And Caleb is SO good with Luke, plays with him, teaches him little things, bathes him, etc. It's awesome, I hope they stay close even with the big age difference.

******Thanks to the lovely Kelly for the siggy!******

March 27th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Mumu's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's such a sweet pic Bri <3

Thank You SarahT For My Beautiful Siggy
March 27th, 2011, 10:15 AM
~*Seldom.Seen*~'s Avatar Super Mommy
As I've mentioned before Troy has three older boys 6, 7, & 9. We are supposed to have them every other weekend. but the oldest lives with his Maternal Grandmother and she wont let us have him - an issue i wish Troy would get straightened out. The 6 & 7 yr olds we only get when it is convenient for thier mother, which is usually only every three to four weeks - another issue I wish he'd straighten out. So when they are here Zac gets so excited the first day he is just out of control. It usually takes until Sunday - the day the boys go home - for him to calm down enough to actaully play nice with them. It makes it so nerve wracking for me. The 7 yr old thinks he is here just to watch tv, and if he doesn't get to he pouts, and wont cooperate in whatever family activity we are doing. The 6 yr old does like to play with Zac but Zac is so wild and distructive when they are here the 6yr old thinks he is going to get in trouble for it because he is playing with Zac. When we correct the 7yr old for doing something he shouldn't he will give us an evil look and shrugg his shoulder at us like "who are you to tell me what to do?".
OMGosh, I'm about to lose my mind.
I know if we had them more often things wouldn't be this bad as we could get into a routine. I hate to say it but I'm starting to dread them coming. I just wish SO would put his foot down with the Grandmother and Mother and tell them is IS going to get them when it is his scheduled weekend, no matter what they have planned.

Sorry for the rant but sometimes it just drives me over the edge.

Bri, That is such a precious picture. So glad that they are so well bonded, just hope our's can do that someday.

Tags
kids , siblings , stepkids

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search