Brandon got his first black eye :(

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2011, 08:09 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he fell out of the crib at daycare. the setting is set high for her 3 month old son and Breana and him were playing and he fell out.

His cheek was black and blue and a little bit under his eye last night but this morning he is all better!!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 30th, 2011, 09:34 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'd be ticked off if she put my 18 month old in a crib set for a 3 month old!!!

March 30th, 2011, 09:45 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree. I'm very happy Xander is feeling and looking better, but that is unacceptable. She had no business allowing Breana and Xander to be in there together especially in the setting for a 3 month old. He could have been seriously hurt worse than he was. If it were me personally I'd be rethinking this daycare.

If I come off to strong I apologize, but when you are watching other peoples children you had better be watching them like a hawk. I would have gone thru the roof.

Wait, re-read. Was Breana in the crib or on the outside playing with him? Either way, the crib setting should not have been that high.

Last edited by catherineclare; March 30th, 2011 at 09:47 AM.
March 30th, 2011, 10:09 AM
I've worked in Daycare's and Preschools and I can tell you I always watch other children better than I watch my own. Having to tell someone their child was hurt and it was your own stupidity isn't something that I wanted to do.

March 30th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Breana was on the outside sleeping in a sleeping bag.

It is a new in home daycare and when she said she would use her sons crib i didn't put the 2 together that the mattress would be raised.

I am glad he didn't get seriously hurt either. From now on she is going to let him sleep on her bed which is just a mattress on the floor and she will be in the same room.

I might take his sleeping bag and see how that goes.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

March 30th, 2011, 10:29 AM
She needs to invest in a pack n play.

March 30th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Absolutely a pack n play. Personally and this is just me I wouldn't want my kid sleeping on the providers mattress even it's on the floor. I mean is this her personal bed???

I guess I think that a daycare is a business and should be treated as such. When you have a business you always have overhead. In this case cribs or pack n plays, high chairs etc etc. You can't expect to run a well respected in home daycare with only your own infants crib and a mattress. Again, I'm sorry if I
am coming off strong, but this topic in general sends me over the edge. I would be of the same mind as Paula, if I'm watching someone elses child I will watch them even better than my own, especially if there is money involved and I'm providing a service and parents trust me.
March 30th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I agree, I wouldn't want my kids on her mattress either. What if she dtd the day before?? The thought just grosses me out.
First hand opinions say run before something serious happens. I get the feeling this lady is just in it for the money and has no clue what she's really doing.
Even if your daycare is in your home, you make it separate from your home. Children do NOT sleep in your bed. Pack n plays, high chairs, blankets, extra clothes, toys, etc, should all be "EXTRA" and not used by her own children in their daily lives.

Asking you to bring a nap mat for Breana is fine, but she should have a place for Brandon to sleep that he will be safe, in his own area.

How many other children does she watch? Is she licensed? There are laws that say what she NEEDS, what she can do, etc...

March 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Ditto to all of that! I thought about the dtd thing too....gross.

I know you said awhile ago this place was cheaper than their old daycare, but in the long run is it really worth it? There didn't seem to be issues at the old place and I'd be willing to pay a little extra for that peace of mind.
March 30th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I didn't think about the dtd thing. I will bring in my pack and play to her.

She does watch some other older kids

March 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
I hope i don't come acrosse dliek i don't care about my kids cause i do.

March 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cathy, you don't come across as not caring at all!! We know you love and care about your kids. I'm just not sure this girl knows what she's doing.

March 30th, 2011, 11:56 AM
Okay.

She doe shave one of her own but it is her first.

I will say something tonight about bringing a pack n play for him to sleep in or his sleeping bag. At least then he will be on his things. And i can wash them every week.

March 30th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I agree the pack and play is a good idea happy he is feeling better

March 30th, 2011, 01:24 PM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
Yikes! I completely agree with what the other ladies have said, a pack n play sounds like a good plan. I am glad he's OK ~hugs~

March 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I, too, agree with the others. Thank goodness he wasn't seriously injured.

March 30th, 2011, 03:51 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I am so glad he is okay! Sadly, I had this experience with Collin. Was NOT expecting him to pull up to standing at 4 months old.

Cathy, definitely bring your PNP. I know when I had Thomas at my cousin's when I was in school full time, she had gone out of her way, because I was paying her, to make sure he had his own pack-n-play, as well as high chair.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
March 30th, 2011, 04:08 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he's ok.

I'd be super pissed at the day carer. Honestly, it would make me very concerned about other aspects of care too.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

March 30th, 2011, 06:55 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I'm sorry.. Poor Bradon..

A.J goes to school and he sleeps on a sleeping mat. I also have a special blanket for him. Maybe give that a try if you don't want to mess with a pack in play...

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; March 30th, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search