Other than Ben and Echo....

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 5th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
...any other LOs still nursing???
Catherine, Shawn, and any other nursing mom's, how often is your LO nursing? How do your sessions go? Are they all over the place? Do they sit still and do their thing? Do they pop on and off/are the easily distracted?

On Bailey's half birthday I made the decision to no longer offer Bailey as feedings were a fight more often than not.. And man... I cannot believe she has not asked once! Of course it's only been 3 days, but I am so happy to say I have no felt engorged at all. And as much as I was dreading this, I'm feeling so, so proud of reaching that 18 month milestone. (reminds me I need to blog ab it...) I am so grateful, that despite her being in the hospital one week and me supplementing with formula from day 3-11 mos, we made it through. And even more grateful that for the last session she actually nursed like she used to for a good 5 minutes before playing the bite, smile, run away game. Something I want to remember for a very long time to come.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 5th, 2011, 07:34 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, how bittersweet. I still remember the last time I nursed my two youngest boys. Sometimes I laugh about it, and other times I feel like crying. It's so hard to believe they are the age they are, now. It all seems like it was just yesterday.

Adi is still nursing and because of her weight issues, her pedi recommends not stopping anytime soon (not that I was going to anyway). She has days where she will nurse a lot, and others not so much. She does eat solid food, too (pizza being her favorite). Once she starts picking up more weight I will probably start weaning her.

April 5th, 2011, 09:18 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was just getting ready to ask this! I will answer a little later-gotta run my oldest to class!!

BRB!!
April 5th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just checking in and saw this. Phoebe is still nursing. Crazy considering my past bfing failures. LOL! Out of the 10 of them, the longest I ever nursed was 10 months and then 13 months (but I pumped for her during the day because it was just too much of a struggle to keep everyone quiet once she hit about 5 months or so) The others I either exclusively pumped a year for or they were ff after a few weeks.

Phoebe nurses when she wakes up in the morning, lately it has just been sometimes at nap, depending on if we are home or not, and before she goes to bed at night. She will also nurse 2-3 times during the night. I find it odd, but this when she "eats" the most. It seems like I am just a pacifier the other times. Seriously, she is so relaxed and slow in the mornings, it is like she is just sipping her coffee while she wakes up. LOL!

Unless she is falling asleep, she will go from laying down to standing on her head without unlatching. She'll flip this way and that and be all over but never lets go. Drives me crazy. If she were on and off I would just put her down and say no more but she isn't so I just let her do her thing.

Right now I am working on her falling asleep without being latched on. It is a long process. *sigh* but I think we are making progress. She is still co-sleeping with us. I am in no rush to wean her but I don't think I want to go past 2 years. Dh is freaking out that I went past a year. He thinks it's weird.

Also, I think bfing has my hormones all kinds of out of whack. OMG. My body is so screwed up. it's gotta be the breastfeeding since I've never dealt with this before, right???

April 5th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Nope Elise was ready to be done at 11 months but i kept offering as not to have to give milk until one and while we were moving, i was lucky though i new we were going to ttc in a few months and i didn't want my milk to dry up on her or anything

April 5th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Mystic_Mommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to Mystic_Mommy
I am still nursing Saige, and plan to until her second birthday as I did with Rayne. I am really looking forward to that milestone! Saige usually likes to nurse after she has been eating solids but mostly wants it at night. She still nurses 2-3 times throughout the night, probably why we still co-sleep. My husband wants me to stop because of my anxiety issues, he remembers that I got a lot better after I finally weaned Rayne... but I am determined to go to 2 years unless she weans herself before then.

April 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander weaned himself at 10 months and my boobs are still leaking.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 5th, 2011, 12:48 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Echo nurses anywhere between three and ten times a day. It depends on if she is going through a growth spurt, if we are out and about, (she doesn't ask when there are more fun things to do) or if she is teething. Most of the time she nurses when she wakes, before and after nap, once in the evening, and then bedtime. Oh, and probably three times at night too. I plan on letting her ween herself.

She's all over the place for our evening session, she flips around and dangles her legs off of the couch and kicks. It drives me nuts. She likes to play sometimes too, putting her finger in my mouth or wants me to tickle her. I think it's cute most of the time. She giggles with her little mouth full, and looks so freaking happy.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 5th, 2011, 03:38 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
any other LOs still nursing???

Catie is still nursing.

how often is your LO nursing?

She probably nurses 4-6 times during the day and anywhere from 2-5 times at night.

How do your sessions go? Are they all over the place? Do they sit still and do their thing? Do they pop on and off/are the easily distracted?

Pretty much all over the place. We don't have a schedule where she'll nurse at a certain time every day. Some days she nurses more than others. Today's been more of a slower nursing day. Yesterday she was nursing a lot. Once she wants to nurse, that's what she does she isn't easily distracted by other things.

April 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's awesome there are still so many nursing moms!

April 5th, 2011, 05:52 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WTG ladies.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 5th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatolots View Post

Also, I think bfing has my hormones all kinds of out of whack. OMG. My body is so screwed up. it's gotta be the breastfeeding since I've never dealt with this before, right???
I personally think so.... My mood swings have been decreasing ever so slightly over the past 3 days already! Not much, but just enough that Tom noticed I didn't question his "attitude problem" when he was being grumpy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
Xander weaned himself at 10 months and my boobs are still leaking.
When I conceived Collin, Thomas was 18.5 mos, and he only BFed for two weeks. I was STILL leaking! And same when I conceived Bailey, after nursing Collin for 3.5 mos, he had just turned one when we found out we were expecting Bailey.

TMI: I cannot wait for the day I can have sex without spraying Tom when I reach my happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
She likes to play sometimes too, putting her finger in my mouth or wants me to tickle her. I think it's cute most of the time. She giggles with her little mouth full, and looks so freaking happy.
^^^

THAT right there is what I am going to miss the most! Well that and the way her eyes would flutter when she was falling asleep, and would begun to suck feverishly when my nip was starting to fall from her mouth.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 6th, 2011, 07:31 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
She likes to play sometimes too, putting her finger in my mouth or wants me to tickle her. I think it's cute most of the time. .
A.J does the same thing.. But he stopped nursing a year ago.. But I love that feeling, except when he tries to poke my eye out.. lol A.J is such a snuggle bug.. He loves to be held and cuddled just like when he was nursing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaDucks View Post

THAT right there is what I am going to miss the most! Well that and the way her eyes would flutter when she was falling asleep, and would begun to suck feverishly when my nip was starting to fall from her mouth.
Other then the nipple part, she may still do that.. Is she a snuggle bug? If so, she might still love the be held.. A.J does.. I love it..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 6th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
April 6th, 2011, 08:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
She hates cuddling for more than a couple minutes.

BUT!!!! After the cat scratched her 5 min ago, she asked for "boob" I gave her "some" and it was only for about 15-20 seconds but man.... The way she rested her head at me and looked up at me. I needed it!

April 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok finally have a few to type!

Yes, Ben is still nursing, but if I could wean him today cold turkey I would. Don't get me wrong I love the bond and quiet sleepy nursing sessions, but my health has taken a huge hit. Right now his nursing is all over the place. He always nurses upon waking, for naps and bedtime. The nursing during the day depends on if we're home or not and if he's teething that day. If he's nursing during the day he can get easily distracted and will pop off unless it's his nap nursing. When he pops off after 2 seconds I have to get up to distract him because I will let down and have no baby to nurse!

I nursed my oldest for forever (2+ years), but I just can't physically do that with Ben. I immediately lost all of my pregnancy weight within 3 weeks of giving birth and I just kept losing. I find it impossible to keep up with caloric demand. Right now I'm tired of being too thin and not having much energy. Plus I have a massive problem with lopsidedness. My breasts have been equal this entire time and he has always fed off of them equally but the past 2 months my right one is huge and the left while still producing milk has gone back to pre-pregnancy size. My right is at least 2 cup sizes bigger!! I hate going anywhere because it's very noticeable. It seems tho Ben will nurse and nurse off of that side yet it barely shrinks in size.

Has anyone else had this problem??? I also wish I had children that self weaned! I think my boys would nurse forever if I let them lol.

Tags
bfing , breastfeeding , breastmilk , nursing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search