How long was your L&D?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
And when did you start the timing?

I'm not making sense... I came across this:

"I always wonder when to start counting my labors from and wonder how other moms determine how long theirs were from start to finish. "

And I was wondering, how do you count yours?

Thomas, I had my first contraction at 3 am, and only a couple between then and 6 am. then 30 min apart until 8:30, and at 9 I knew it was the real thing, they were 5-7 min apart. I count from there. So, 9-2:43= a bit under 6 hours.

Collin, first ctx was at 5, I knew it was the real thing when they were 4-5 min apart an I couldn't talk through them, so I start count around 6:30-7pm. Collin was born at 9, so I say 2-2.5 hours start to finish.

Bailey.... oh Bailey! She is the one that confuses me! Tom knew I was in labor at noon. I denied it until 3:30, when I had my first painful contraction. She was born at 8:53, so I say 5-5.5 hours. Plus, I had been contracting non stop since 16-18 weeks.....

So how do you count your labor times??

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was 22 hours from the time my water broke. About 20 hours from my first painful contraction.

I either count from water breaking fully (big gush) or painful contractions.

This time is was about 3.5 hours, which is counting from my first painful contraction. The length was a little more fuzzy this time. I was having prelabor for weeks and my water had a leak for at least a week.

April 7th, 2011, 10:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Well a long time at around 4ish in the morning on Saturday they were 4ish min apart and lasted from 45seconds to a min. And they hurt. I didn't have her until after 6 pm the next day

April 7th, 2011, 10:38 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
umm.. from the time they gave me my spinal, til the time they sewed me back up?

i dunno.. I never had contractions, no brax hicks, no water breakage.. nothing...

April 7th, 2011, 04:38 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Ashleigh: I was given cervidil at 4:55pm. I started noticing contractions at 5:30pm (that's when i count labor as starting). Ashleigh was born at 12:50am=7 1/2 hours

Madisyn: Felt a little off in the morning (but no contractions). I felt my first contraction around 11:30am Madisyn was born at 3:26pm (BTW this was also the time i was born!) Labor=4 hours

Emely: Woke up around 4am and felt a contraction. Born at 12:17am=8 hour labor

Catie: i'm not really sure I was having contractions in the middle of the night, but i was able to sleep through them. They started getting more noticable around 6am when the girls were getting ready for school. Catie was born at 11:44am. I estimate her labor to be around 8 hours or so.

April 7th, 2011, 06:22 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With both Jas and Zac I count it from when they started the pitocin to when they were born.

Lucy confuses me though since my contrax never got into a pattern. They were irregular right up until she was born.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 7th, 2011, 07:10 PM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
^^That was me. They actually could not even pick up my contractions well at the hospital...and I went in at 8cm dilated!! So there was no way I was not having contractions, it was just the way it went.

I count his "labor" from my bloody show because it was several hours after I noted contractions (they started at 3am, bloody show as at 10am). I contracted for two days at home, regular at times...irregular at other times. It was a total of 56 hours for that. But I also count from the time I "knew" I was in labor. And that was 3 hours. I will stick with that one...it is shorter
April 7th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I had induced with both of my pregnancies due to Gestational diabetes at 39 1/2 weeks.. I had NO signs of labor both days I was induced.. I started the clock when the pitocin was hooked up to me.. With pitocin, the contractions were intense from the start..

Adriana - 32 1/2 hours.. The doctor would not break my water due to Adriana floating around, she said it was unsafe because the cord could come out first.. I was just an hour away from getting a c-section but doctor said wait just a little bit longer and then my water broke.. And out came my 6 lb baby girl

A.J - 10 hours - First 6 hours no real progrss.. Doctor has nurse push really hard on my belly to lock A.J's head in and doctor broke my water.. A.J was born 4 hours later.. I wonder how long it would have been if they didn't break my water..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 7th, 2011 at 11:47 PM.
April 9th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I was also induced but the cervidil started my labor almost immediately. I got it about 8pm and she was born at 3:43pm the next day so a while!!!!!

April 9th, 2011, 06:27 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashj_1218 View Post
^^That was me. They actually could not even pick up my contractions well at the hospital...and I went in at 8cm dilated!! So there was no way I was not having contractions, it was just the way it went.
that's how it was with Emely. I was 8 cm dilated at the hospital but was only contracting like every 10 minutes. But man once my midwife broke my water I went from contractions every 10 min to contractions every 2 minutes

April 10th, 2011, 04:23 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Breana I was in labor for only 5 hours and Xander was 7 hours and he took a nap in between.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Tags
delivery , l&d , labor , labor & delivery , parenting qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search