Stomach flu?

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Elijah has been sick for almost a week now! I got called by daycare on Tuesday afternoon, he had thrown up there. Looking back I think he threw up on Monday evening. He never made a sound, but while I was fixing dinner DH found a little pile of vomit (yuck sorry) and we thought it was from the dog (he does that sometimes) Sounds awful, but Elijah gave no indication that it was him and he had no mess on him. Anyway, he was really sick Wednesday and Thursday. Couldn't keep anything down and had a fever. Then Friday no fever and threw up only once in the early morning. He seemed to be getting better. Then Saturday evening he threw up after eating quite a bit. Sunday he seemed better and ate PB sandwich and banana for lunch. For dinner I gave him some chicken soup and he threw up after a few bites. He doesn't seem like his happy self, but he plays, he's not just laying around.

Anyone else had a stomach bug that stayed around like this? I just think it's really odd. I'm going to call the dr. today, but I'm sure they'll just say it's going around and his is hanging on...

Oh and joy of joys...my 3 year old got up at 2, crying that she had thrown up in her bed! I have to get back to work!!!!
April 11th, 2011, 05:44 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Sounds like you had a fun night.

My son had a upper respiratory infection when he had a asthma attack about a month ago.. He was vomiting, fever, not eating,etc.. It took about two weeks for him to get over his cold.. But he was on Prelone, which is used to help control asthma but it lowers your immune system.. It's one of those meds where the benefits out weigh risks.. But other then Broncholits (when he was hospitalized) that was the longest he has been sick.. Maybe with Elijah the bug has just been slowly building before it hit full force..

April 11th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I only ever had it effect collin that way. Just keep pushing the liquids is all you can really do right now....

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 11th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Hugs hope he starts to feel better, Elise had something similar a few weeks ago only threw up once and had terrible diarrhea and refused to eat, i would also push liquids pedialight ( Elise hates that so our doc said gatorade was an ok alternative ). Hope he starts acting like himself soon

April 11th, 2011, 10:08 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Xander only had it for 2 days but it took about 5 days before he was back to himself.

I hope he feels better soon and that your daughter does as well.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 11th, 2011, 02:28 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope he feels better soon. Billy has never had that. He has gotten colds and congested, but nothing that involved much vomiting.
April 11th, 2011, 03:08 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search