Leashes

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2011, 07:51 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have one for your LO?

Have you used it yet?

Do they like it?

Have you gotten the 'looks' out in public?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 12th, 2011, 07:54 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We have one that was Emily's. Haven't used it yet with Abby, she's content in the stroller. I had "the look" plenty with Em though and I'd give "the look" right back.

April 12th, 2011, 08:50 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, we have one for Ben. He likes it, but kind of still learning to walk on it. It's the monkey one so he likes wearing it since it doubles as a backpack.

Nope, haven't gotten any looks. People usually just smile at him when he's had it on. If someone is rude enough to give me a look scr*w them. My kid is super fast and bolts if not contained in some way. Plus I have more things to worry about than strangers being rude.
April 12th, 2011, 09:06 AM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Not yet because he's still happy in the stroller for the most part, but I'm not sure how much longer that's going to last and he's definitely going to need one of them. Ditto Catherine's 2nd paragraph

April 12th, 2011, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
No i am lucky Elise likes her stroller and she knows when she walks next to me she has to hold my hand ( well she doesn't really have a choice but doesn't mind either

April 12th, 2011, 10:32 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Yes, we have one for Ben. He likes it, but kind of still learning to walk on it. It's the monkey one so he likes wearing it since it doubles as a backpack.
That's the same one we have! I haven't used it yet, but I have a feeling we will soon.

April 12th, 2011, 04:02 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy has a Unicorn one. She loves it. I get looks every time she wears it. Especially late last week when my neighbour and I were standing outside talking after picking up the kids from Kinder. Her little girl was in her leash and Lucy was in hers. Another kinder mum walked past us and gave us such a filthy look. I personally found it more dumb than rude since her perfectly healthy 4 year old doesn't walk any where. Even Kinder. He is always in a pram and 9/10 with a dummy. Who is she to judge?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 12th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
We don't have one and have never needed one. The barely ever ran off but either Tom or I are always RIGHT behind them. The boys both learned and understood very, very early on to stay right by my. Bailey and Collin BOTH did it at the same time today, in opposite directions, but Tom was right with Bailey not even 2 feet behind her while she took off and just a quick, "Collin Paul" was all it took to get Collin back to me, well that and a bribe (I told him he could jump in puddles after we were done if he helped me shop. Gotta say it was the BEST part of the day!)

Honestly, I freak easily and am way too sensitive to use one. Someone offered to by me one when Collin started walking at 9 mos. But I was so afraid of the looks and glares I turned her down.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to rancherandcitygal
I use one and I know I get looks but I could care less. She loves to walk and frankly I can't always chase her down. Plus we take family walks alot and even thought the roads are sidewalked they are busy!!!! I have yanked her back many times.

I got one man at costco who said "heal" with a smug look on his face, I just glared right back.

Maybe I get more looks since mine is 27 years old and doesn't have a cute animal on it.

April 13th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Nope.. I don't plan on ever using one..

April 13th, 2011, 03:49 PM
Wow. I'm really surprised at the looks and comments you guys are getting. What is wrong with people?

I wish I didn't need one for Ben, but he is too fast. My husband and I can both be on top of him and he'll still take off. If both he and I are both on him neither of us can get anything done. He is not the child that yelling his name works at this age. I'm sure it will soon, but for now he has a harness. I honestly can't believe this is a controversial parenting issue. Like really??? There are people who beat their children yet you're concerned because I'm trying to prevent mine from wandering off. The more I hear BS like this the less I like people!
April 13th, 2011, 04:23 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have the monkey one from Target for Billy. I haven't used it yet, but I'm sure I will in the near future. Right now, Billy is good at not running off. That could change tomorrow for all I know.

I was at the aquarium when a mom had one on her son. For some reason, when I looked at her little boy, she had this embarassed look on her face. So I loudly said to my friend. "That is such a good idea. I should get one for Billy so he can walk around unstead of being stuck in the stroller." Hopefully it made her feel better.
April 13th, 2011, 05:02 PM
That was nice of you. It's a real shame that everyone is so judgmental. Especially in this case when a parent is trying to prevent a lost child.
April 13th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineclare View Post
Wow. I'm really surprised at the looks and comments you guys are getting. What is wrong with people?

I wish I didn't need one for Ben, but he is too fast. My husband and I can both be on top of him and he'll still take off. If both he and I are both on him neither of us can get anything done. He is not the child that yelling his name works at this age. I'm sure it will soon, but for now he has a harness. I honestly can't believe this is a controversial parenting issue. Like really??? There are people who beat their children yet you're concerned because I'm trying to prevent mine from wandering off. The more I hear BS like this the less I like people!

Honestly I don't get it either! Now, those parents you see in the store, clearly NOT paying attention while their child is roaming all over knocking things down, cutting shoppers off as they try to get through the aisles.... Now those parents I want to buy a harness for!

Seriously, I hate the mama-drama controversy when it comes to both sides of the argument doing what works best for *their* child/family. It just makes NO sense to me. If you are putting your child's safety first, why does it matter??? Trust me, now that I've "grown up" a bit and am not so worried about others opinions, if bailey was a child who had a tendency to run off you better believe I will be getting a leash for her!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search