You are beautiful.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
I was just listening to a clip of Beautiful and it got me thinking.

Every single one of you I have seen a picture of is gorgeous, and I know Tom and the boys tell me they think I'm "pretty/beautiful" but Ive never felt that way except maybe twice, when I was much thinner.

Do you think you're attractive? And I do NOT mean in that conceited I'm the best stuff on earth crap, I mean do you actually think your pretty?

I've always had SUPER low self-confidence with my looks. I can go on and on here listing the bad things about my looks that I always focus on. But then I thought I can't be the only one who feels poorly about their appearance.

So....what is apart of you, that you think is perfect as is?

This may be strange, but I actually love my nose and ears. They are just well proportioned.

And like I mentioned in another thread, other than the saggyness I actually am happy with my boobs as well.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, I do not. I never have.

April 14th, 2011, 06:37 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
There are days when I think that I am pretty. There are also days when I think that I look like I just dragged myself out of a lagoon.

My favorite feature is my smile, though I do think it looks better in person than in pics.

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
April 14th, 2011, 07:06 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I honestly don't think I am at my age now.. Need to loose a bit of weight.. I thought I was when I was in my 20's..

My favorite features are my eyes, they are light brown and almond shape and my hair because my hair is so full. I have a few grey hairs and my friends all tell me it's pretty gray.. Don't know what that means cuz it's icky to me..

Nicole - I'm happy with my boobs too.. My boobs change with my weight.. When I'm at my perfect size, they are size C and when I gain a bit of weight they get bigger, up to a DD.. DH does not mind.. lol

April 14th, 2011, 04:56 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't. At all. For many reasons.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 14th, 2011, 05:12 PM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I am... not to be cocky.

The past 3 years or so is the first time I've my own skin for the first time since I was a kid. I'm not afraid of what others think about me to the extent I used to be. I used to hide who I was because I was afraid people wouldn't like it. Really silly looking back. The fact that I'm just me right now, I think is beautiful. It makes it easy to look in the mirror and be happy.

April 14th, 2011, 06:05 PM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I grew up to be confident with myself and love the skin I'm in.
I do think I am, But I am not a vain person.... I feel like I just have good genes bc my mother and grandmother are gorgeous in my eyes

I do feel however that Ive BEEN a lot prettier than I am now... I feel "sexier" now that I am older... but I had a better figure, and better skin when I was younger.
I think Ive grown into my face more though....

April 14th, 2011, 06:08 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
I have days when I feel prettier than others, but for the most part I feel pretty in general. Sure there are things that I wish were better, but that's a dangerous road to go down and so I just focus on being happy with what I have. My identity is not in my looks, (insert bible thumper) it's in Jesus. My entire focus has shifted in the last year. Not only do I have more love for myself, but I am finding it easier to love others who in the past I would have completely written off.

April 19th, 2011, 09:41 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I am at all.

I like my smile and my eyes the best though. But my smile can't be forced.

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

Tags
beauty , gtky , qotd , self-confidence

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search