birthday party supplies... advice needed!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2011, 11:07 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SOOO.... I think we're doing a music theme. 99% sure. Eli loves cars but he also loves guitars and music and I think it will be super fun.

But I need advice on the supplies. What is your favorite?

This is DH's favorite:
Rock Star 2nd Birthday Party Supplies

This is another cute one:
MUSIC PARTY SUPPLIES - Music Party Supplies and Music Party Favors

And another:

And one more:

I kind of feel like the rock star themed ones are super cheesy, but I do like that the first one is 2nd birthday specific. From an aesthetic point of view, I like the sheet music supplies, but maybe they aren't kid like enough? I'm also wondering if I can mix and match... use some stuff from the rock star theme and some basic music notes as well?

HELP.

April 16th, 2011, 06:37 AM
mommabirdof4
I do like the sheet music but agree it isn't super kid friendly. I think I would mix and match the first one that your DH likes and the sheet music. I would do the decorations in the first one maybe and get some accents of the sheet music.
April 16th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like the last one best, and I think it would go well with some of the sheet music stuff. I can't wait to hear more about the party. If you don't mind me asking how much does it cost to hire the childrens musician?

Ethan is celebrating Baya's arrival on 8-24-11
April 16th, 2011, 09:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
have you checked out etsy? This is SUPER cute: Rock Star birthday party Personalized DIY printable by chickabug

Then you could get plates/cups/napkins in the teal & red color

Custom invitations stickers DIY printables and more by chickabug she has a lot of the rockstar/musical stuff that you can print off. It even has music notes on it so if you wanted to tie in some of the stuff from your link with the music not bday stuff you could

Last edited by love.our.logan579; April 16th, 2011 at 09:29 AM.
April 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
amyhk's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooooh, Candace, her stuff is great! Thanks for the link!

Erika, it's $200 for the first hour, then $35 each 15 minutes after that, but I'm getting 30% off because it's through a friend.

When I did caricatures for events I charged at least $100 an hour, with a 2 hour minimum, and I know colleagues that charged a lot more, so the price for her seems pretty fair.

Oh I should also add that I used to be the arts coordinator for our local children's museum and booking artists/musicians was part of my job. For a full concert we'd pay anywhere from $300-$500.

Last edited by amyhk; April 16th, 2011 at 12:13 PM.
April 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM
AndreaRenee's Avatar raising boys...
I second about etsy...

Rock N Roll Printable Party Pack by nounces on Etsy
December 14th, 2012, 12:36 AM
I loved the Sheet music theme. It would really look great. You could even add the paper lanterns for added advantage. I'd even recommend you to go for ariel theme but still it depends on the age of the kid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search