A.J's 18 month check up

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
I happily report that A.J is not off the charts.

But he is tiny.. I got the okay to give him eggs because it's such a good choice for protein. She just told me to keep an eye on him since he had a reaction to egg on his allergy test. I also asked about putting him on Zyrtec.. Since it's warmed up, every time we go outside A.J gets watery eyes, running nose, congestion, etc.. She okay for me to do that. A.J still has wheezing in his lungs.. We have to do some testing at the hospital to rule out stuff..

But over all he had a good appointment.. He was up to date with his shots so no shots today..

Here are A.J's stats..

^-- Here's a small video of A.J having fun at the doctors office..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 19th, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
April 19th, 2011, 04:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a good appointment.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

April 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
funny how his height and weight are less than 10% but his head is 90th! Glad to hear he finally made the charts Catie's probably about the same weight but she's 2-3" taller than him.

April 20th, 2011, 06:44 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear he is growing well and he made the chart.

Xander weighs less than him but he is taller and didn't make the chart for his weight!!

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 20th, 2011, 07:47 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for a great appointment. He looks fast!

April 20th, 2011, 12:00 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad he had a good appointment!
April 20th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
That boy is just too darn cute for his own good!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 20th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower_142 View Post
funny how his height and weight are less than 10% but his head is 90th! Glad to hear he finally made the charts Catie's probably about the same weight but she's 2-3" taller than him.
He's always been that way, it's from my German side of the family. What's nice is he can wear all the cute big boy hats.. Much better selection..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2Breana+Brandon View Post
Glad to hear he is growing well and he made the chart.

Xander weighs less than him but he is taller and didn't make the chart for his weight!!
A.J is being watched.. Possible failure to thrive But I'm staying positive.. I really hate this time of year.. Spring time always makes A.J's asthma act up.. I hope the zyrtec works and the test he does at the hospital comes back negative.. There is a chance we have to up his dose on his inhaler, which means more steroids.. Which I don't like but have to use.

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 20th, 2011 at 11:20 PM.
April 20th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monica8 View Post
Yay for a great appointment. He looks fast!
A.J is really fast.. He's gone in a blink of an eye.. What crazy is he has only been walking for a couple of months, since he had tubes placed in his ears..

April 21st, 2011, 06:30 AM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww...he looks so adorable! Glad you had a good appointment! Ashlynn is a lightweight too.

21 lbs 13 oz (10-25 percentile), 31 3/4" long

She actually started to catch up as she gets older. At her 15mo appt she was still 18lbs (3% I believe). He looks healthy and happy!! Good job Mama!

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

April 21st, 2011, 06:37 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Glad to hear that he's doing well overall. The Zyrtec has been great for Ben and when Jillian starts having skin trouble the Zyrtec seems to help her as well. The allergist said we could give it to her every day but she doesn't really need it that often yet.

Hopefully, once he turns 2 you can give him Singulair instead of having to use the inhaler so much. Ben takes Singulair at night and it has stopped his night coughing. I used to think that that was from allergies but it turned out to be asthma. I didn't even really believe it until we tried the medicine and finally the night coughing stopped.

April 21st, 2011, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieQ2 View Post
Glad to hear that he's doing well overall. The Zyrtec has been great for Ben and when Jillian starts having skin trouble the Zyrtec seems to help her as well. The allergist said we could give it to her every day but she doesn't really need it that often yet.

Hopefully, once he turns 2 you can give him Singulair instead of having to use the inhaler so much. Ben takes Singulair at night and it has stopped his night coughing. I used to think that that was from allergies but it turned out to be asthma. I didn't even really believe it until we tried the medicine and finally the night coughing stopped.
I'm glad the Zyrtec has helped.. I hope for the same effect.. A.J has asthma.. He was diagnosed at 9 months old.. He was put on Singular granuales at 6 months old and it never really helped.. Then he was put on Flovent (used for long term treatment for asthma) with Singular and it seemed to help but not lately. A.J's trigger for his asthma is cat dander.. But I'm thinking seasonal allergies may be playing a part too.. He just has constant wheezing in his chest.. When he starts his coughing fits, it usually leads to an asthma attack.. His last one was no fun..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 21st, 2011 at 11:11 PM.
April 21st, 2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FyreMommy2B View Post
Awww...he looks so adorable! Glad you had a good appointment! Ashlynn is a lightweight too.

21 lbs 13 oz (10-25 percentile), 31 3/4" long

She actually started to catch up as she gets older. At her 15mo appt she was still 18lbs (3% I believe). He looks healthy and happy!! Good job Mama!
Thank you..

A.J is similar size to my daughter when she was 18 months old.. It's just the boys charts is different from the girls.. I think he will catch up as he gets older.. I think the doctor is being super cautious..

Last edited by Adriana's Mommy; April 21st, 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search