super cranky kid

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2011, 06:23 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Early tuesday morning Catie around 2am I noticed Catie was running a fever. I didn't take her temperature, but she was pretty hot, even her hands were roasting. When she got up around 6am, she felt a little cooler, but I'd say she still had a low grade temperature. personality wise, still a happy little girl, not grumpy at all. She was a little more cuddly and didn't eat as much. She still ate her meals, I'd say she just ate 1/2 of what she normally eats.

Wednesday totally different. She had no fever (didn't even feel warm) but man was she fit to be tied. She just cried and cried. didn't matter if I held her or if i just let her lay on the ground. We took a walk around 9am and that seemed to help. She didn't cry at all on the walk. But when we got home she started crying again. I gave her some motrin and she went down for a nap. She slept for 30-45 min (lately her naps have been at least an hour, sometimes 2). Woke up screaming and crying. Changed her diaper, tried to get her to eat. She absolutely refused anything to eat or drink. I tried to get her to open up so i could see if she had any teeth coming in, but she had her mouth clamped shut. At noon called the doctor, but of course they're on their lunch break. I decide to take her to walmart, hoping the drive will help. Plus we lost one of her shoes there a couple of days ago. I also wanted to pick up some teething gel, in case it is her teeth.

Got to walmart, and she had calmed down. Found her shoe and bought the teething gel. We got home, still in an ok mood. She sits in her high chair and eats lunch. She was fine the rest of the day/evening, and I kind of forgot about calling the doctor.

Midnight She wakes up crying. I notice she is feeling warm again. I kid you not from midnight to 5:30am she was up every 30 minutes crying!! I am exhausted. At one point I even tried to get her to sleep on my chest (which normally helps) but this time she still continued to fuss.

I called the doctor this morning and we have an appointment for 10:45am. I'm wondering if she has another ear infection. She just had one a month ago. I hate that she can't tell me what is bothering her.

April 21st, 2011, 06:31 AM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
We've recently had the same trouble with Jillian. About 3 weeks ago she was sick and had an ear infection. Exactly a week later she woke up miserable and she just screamed and cried no matter what I did which is very unlike her. I gave her some Motrin figuring that if something hurt that would help but I was afraid that maybe the ear infection hadn't cleared up. So after 2 solid hours of screaming I called the doctor. The receptionist heard her and had us bring her in almost right away.

Her ears were fine but all 4 eye teeth were popping through. I had tried to check her mouth but she wouldn't let me look. The doctor was able to check because he opened her mouth with a tongue depressor.

My guess is it's probably her teeth but at this age you just never know and if it is an ear infection it's better to get her checked. I hope she is better soon!

April 21st, 2011, 08:03 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Poor baby! I honestly thinking teething or virus, plus now exhaustion. I hope if it is something it doesn't last long and if it's teeth they come in quickly!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
April 21st, 2011, 08:04 AM
monica8's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor Catie! That is so rough when you can't tell whats wrong. I hope the doctor can give you answers so you can help her feel better.

April 21st, 2011, 09:50 AM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
Well i took her to the doctor. And of course they got the happy version, since the motrin had kicked in. She didn't want the nurse taking her temperature (normal she hates having it taken), plus wouldn't stay on the scale. So they just went by what our scale said at home (22lbs). Doctor looked in her ears, oh that was fun. I had to hold her arms above her head, because she didn't want the doctor messing with her. The left ear was clear. The right ear had some wax in it, so the doctor had to clean it out, so he could see the ear drum. Oh I felt so bad, i had to hold her down while she screamed and cried, her bottom half was flopping all around like a fish out of water. But after what seemed like forever the doctor was able to see the ear drum, and it was clear.

He decided to check her mouth/throat, and he said her throat was a little red. Oh and he did have to pry open her mouth with the tongue depresser. We also saw that she has 1/2 of a molar through the gums, so I think that might have been the problem.

We were told to keep giving her the motrin.

April 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
oh no I hope the tooth comes in soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

April 24th, 2011, 03:34 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh no poor baby. Hope she feels better soon.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search