Hot! Hot! Hot!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
We have a heat advisory here until Friday, with temps getting up as high as 105. Ugh! Yesterday the humidity was near 100%... I have never been so thankful for A/C in my life.

Are the rest of you feeling this heat too?

Thank you MommaDucks for the AMAZING siggy!
July 19th, 2011, 10:29 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my pool is about 90 degrees!!!

July 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah we are going to be in the high 90s to 100s all this week

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 19th, 2011, 04:46 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It has been nice here. Pleasantly warm
July 19th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Please send some heat my way.. We have a cold front moving in..

July 19th, 2011, 08:21 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the heat. Its only July and I'm already dreading summer this year. Its still months off for me.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 20th, 2011, 09:01 AM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriana's Mommy View Post
Please send some heat my way.. We have a cold front moving in..

I'll trade you!!! It's going to be 105 here today, and I have to go for an hour long drive with no A/C in my car.

July 20th, 2011, 09:11 AM
Lets switch! We are a bit depressed that Fall is just around the corner and it hasn't even reached 90.. Maybe next month..

I'm sorry you have no A/C in your car.. You'll think I'm nuts when I tell you I turn my on even when it's in the low 80's.. lol I'm a wimp..

Everyone is cooking other then the Northwest.. Crazy..

July 20th, 2011, 01:03 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
80's with no A/C I can handle. This stuff is NOT ok though. That map lies too! It says it's only 85 here, but I'm looking at my outside temp gauge and at it says that it's 96. It feels WAY hotter than that too.

July 20th, 2011, 01:31 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm in KY and we're roasting! Tomorrow is supposed to be high of 96 with the heat index around 110. The humidity and heat combined makes you dread going outside.

Be careful out in the heat without a/c in your car, Shawn. Also, I'm sure you've already thought about it, but make sure to take lots of water with you.

July 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ugh! I'm back east right now and I left my nice weather in CA for this dreadful heat lol! It's awful! Ben doesn't seem to mind it at all tho....he keeps wanting to play outside!
July 20th, 2011, 03:57 PM
ThatGirl's Avatar Rawr.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllMyBlessings View Post
I'm in KY and we're roasting! Tomorrow is supposed to be high of 96 with the heat index around 110. The humidity and heat combined makes you dread going outside.

Be careful out in the heat without a/c in your car, Shawn. Also, I'm sure you've already thought about it, but make sure to take lots of water with you.
I lived in Georgia for a minute, and it was HORRIBLE there. At least it cools down here at night...

I do make sure to take water, but it still scares me to have Echo in that hot of a car. Luckily I have my mom's car for the next two days!!

July 21st, 2011, 10:48 AM
ashj_1218's Avatar Hiya!
I think that map lies too. Right now, our current temp is 99 with 90% humidity and a heat index of 106 It says we are like 85?!

I will happily trade with Adrianna's Mommy too!! I want some 60 degree days. I would actually kill for them. I usually love hot weather in the summer, but being 7.5 months pregnant is sorta putting a damper on it this year.

Saturday is supposed to be our hottest day so far this year...103 with high humidity and heat index. We are in the heat warnings right now. Fail.
July 21st, 2011, 11:42 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're under heat advisory too. We came from the DESERT and I'd trade for that weather any day!! Humidity is so high here, you walk out and your make up literally melts off your face, your clothes stick and just make you miserable. We will be staying inside!!

July 21st, 2011, 11:49 AM
~KMV~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
the heat index here is 115 accorrding to my husband... luckily they got off work at 2. according to my dolphin my pool water 95!!!

July 21st, 2011, 06:14 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
It's supposed to be 102 here tomorrow with a heat index of 110. I can't stand it! I'm ready for fall!

July 21st, 2011, 06:59 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
yes it's hot and miserable here too. I was telling my mom tonight that it's sad when the thermometer reads 91 degrees and it feels cool to you LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~KMV~ View Post
my pool is about 90 degrees!!!
Ours too! We just went swimming and the pool thermometer was at 90.

July 21st, 2011, 09:20 PM
It's crazy chilly here.. A.J is wearing footie Pajamas tonight.. It was 66 degree's when I got off of work at 5:30pm..

July 22nd, 2011, 06:57 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay, for getting to use your mom's car, Shawn! I think I would be tempted to run off with it and stay gone, with it, until this heat wave is over! LOL It's miserable out!

I'm one of those who doesn't usually mind the heat (I'm always cold), but yesterday was HORRIBLE! At 7:00 in the morning we woke up to a 78 degree house, and a broken A/C. And, then our A/C guy said he couldn't make it out until 3-4:00. We had several errands to run, so we stayed in the truck (where it was cool) most of the day. The guy must have felt sorry for us because around 2:30 he called and said he didn't think he was going to be able to make it out, so he told dh what he thought was wrong with it, and where we could get the part. Thankfully I have a very handy hubby, because a problem that would have cost us at least $100.00 (most of it for the service call) only cost us $6.75. I was soooo happy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search