Hi ladies!!

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 21st, 2011, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks

Hi ladies! I'm at my BFFs house right now...
Still no net, not even a cell phone. I hate this!

Bailey's foot is still gross from the burn, for those who don't know..Last Tuesday, Bailey was running around a tree while we were at the beach, we had went to the big grassy area to grill. Someone had emptied hot charcoal behind the tree before we chose that spot. The coals were whitish grey so you could not tell they were hot, but of course I didn't see them at all.

I didn't even know she was burned until 10-15 after it happened. She started crying and came to me, so I didn't even think to check her feet until a lady walking by asked if she was okay and if she stepped in the charcoal.

You couldn't tell it was burned, it just looked all wrinkly like your foot does after being in water.
I ran it under cold water from the splash pad and other than that I couldn't tell how bad it was, not realizing burns take longer to show. By the time we got a few blocks from home the skin had yellowed and bubbled. Tom dropped her and I off at the ER and took the boys home.

Usually at the ER waiting takes FOREVER. Not this time, we were immediately taken to the back, where the waiting began. They didn't know whether to treat her there, or to send her to the Burn center 30 minutes away. Eventually they decided and Bailey fell asleep-a bit after midnight, and we rode by ambulance to the burn center, we stayed over night and they showed me how to treat it. Had she not been able to walk on it we would have stayed, but she was able and we were d/c the following afternoon.

She had her first follow up this past Monday, it's healing really well, but still gross. We are lucky it was the bottom of the foot and the skin is so tough. Had it been the top or somewhere else, it would have been a lot worse.

Other than that, Tom and I did go see Harry Potter thanks to a good friend giving us two free passes.

Nothing else is going on, we havent gotten out much with Bailey's foot still being wrapped up and not being able to put shoes on her.. My computer is giving me hell, says I need to do a "system recovery" but I won;t do it in fear of losing my photo's and stuff, since I have absolutely NO cash, I'm waiting on a friend of a friend to get in touch with me to check it out. Hopefully we can figure it out with out losing my stuff...

Oh and Tom *might* be going back to work next week, keep those fingers crossed for him.

Anyway, I gotta go, I'm ignoring the kids and friend to post this update lol. Hopefully I'll be back online sooner than later. Miss you all bunches!!!!!!!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
July 21st, 2011, 02:16 PM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that Baliey is healing well.

I hope you can get your PC fixed and we can see you more sooon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

July 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad to hear Bailey is healing well. Burns suck so bad.

I wish I was closer, Jay would fix your pc in a heart beat for you!!

July 21st, 2011, 04:57 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear that Bailey's foot is healing well.

Hopefully you can get your computer fixed soon. We miss you!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

July 21st, 2011, 08:03 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142
poor Bailey . I"m glad to hear her burn is healing.

July 21st, 2011, 09:21 PM
3TeamH's Avatar Hayley
Praying for you Nicole!!

July 21st, 2011, 09:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
Poor thing hope it heals quickly and you can get your computer fixed

July 22nd, 2011, 08:22 AM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I missed that about Bailey's foot. How horrible! I'm glad it's healing well, though.
It's really great to hear from you! I hope things start looking up, for you, soon!

July 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
*Jennifer*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Poor girl. I am glad to hear that Bailey's foot is healing. Hope you get your computer fixed soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search