School agers..

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 10:59 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Those with school age kids,
When do they go back to school?
What grade will they be entering?
Have you gone back to school supply shopping?
School clothes shopping?
Does your school provide school lunches?
How much are they?
Do they pack or buy?
What time does school start/end?
Do they ride the bus?
How do you feel about your school system?

August 1st, 2011, 11:28 AM
TulipDawn's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TulipDawn
When do they go back to school? August 29th
What grade will they be entering? Xavier will be in the 1st grade, Derrick will be a sophmore in HS
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? I get to do that this weekend via online
School clothes shopping? DONE
Does your school provide school lunches? They do... however, the high school is on the main post so they are allowed to leave the school for lunch and eat anywhere they want
How much are they? I have no clue - they change every year. I think it's $2.30 or something. Derrick gets about $20 a week for lunch to spend how he wants.
Do they pack or buy? Xavier is so picky he will probably pack for the most part.
What time does school start/end? 8:10a-245pm
Do they ride the bus? Xavier is at the cdc so he gets walked over. Derrick will either ride the bus, ride his bike or ride with us in the morning, depending on his mood.
How do you feel about your school system? I love the school system on post. The high school is great and Derrick is doing very well here. Xavier has been there 2 years (Sure Start and Kindergarten) and so far it's been good for him as well.
August 1st, 2011, 11:32 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I like the school system where we are at.

No one in school yet.

It is hard to eblieve that school is starting soon

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 1st, 2011, 12:56 PM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do they go back to school? August 25th
What grade will they be entering? 7th! O.o
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? Yes, we went this weekend.
School clothes shopping? Kayla did some shopping over the summer, but will still need shoes, jeans, etc..
Does your school provide school lunches? Yes
How much are they? $3.15, which I think is INSANE for a crappy school lunch.
Do they pack or buy? 95% of the time, she packs.
What time does school start/end? It's starting earlier this year. 7:45-2:45.. I believe. I have to check again.
Do they ride the bus? Yes
How do you feel about your school system? Love it! It's small, friendly and pretty close. Always receive an excellent by the state.

August 1st, 2011, 02:15 PM
SusieQ2's Avatar Jersey Girl
Those with school age kids
When do they go back to school? Sept. 7th
What grade will they be entering? PreK
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? Not yet
School clothes shopping? Not yet, it'll be warm here still then so he'll still be in shorts at first probably.
Does your school provide school lunches? Yes but not for PreK because it's only for 2 1/2 hours
How much are they? Don't know
Do they pack or buy? When he starts kindergarten he'll pack
What time does school start/end? I'm not sure yet for him.
Do they ride the bus? He can. We live about a 5 minute walk from the school but they bus PreK kids even when they are close. We he starts K he'll have to walk.
How do you feel about your school system? It's okay. I went there my whole life and I taught there as well. I think education is what you make of it. You can get a great education just about anywhere if you're willing to put the work into it. You can also go to a great school and end up with nothing if you aren't willing to work.

August 1st, 2011, 03:03 PM
wildflower_142's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to wildflower_142 Send a message via Yahoo to wildflower_142

When do they go back to school?
August 29th
What grade will they be entering? 7th, 5th, and 3rd
Have you gone back to school supply shopping?Yes Emely and Ashleigh are done. We're not sure about Madisyn we lost her list, and none of the stores have it. No one at the school is answering the phones and they don't have it online. So we're just getting stuff and hoping some of it is what she needs.
School clothes shopping?No we haven't started this yet.
Does your school provide school lunches?yes
How much are they?We normally get free or reduced ($.40) lunch and breakfasts. If we had to pay full price I think they're around $1.50 or $2.00
Do they pack or buy?Ashleigh packs, Madisyn and Emely normally buy unless they're having something they don't like.
What time does school start/end?Middle school (madisyn and Ashleigh) starts at 7:40am and Ends at 2:35pm. Elementary (Emely) starts at 8:40am and Ends at 3:30pm.
Do they ride the bus?This year Emely will. I will drive Ashleigh and Madisyn. Ashleigh plays the baritone in the band and it's to hard getting it on and off the bus.
How do you feel about your school system? I like the elementary. Middle school teachers stink. They turn a blind eye to bullying.

August 1st, 2011, 11:45 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When do they go back to school? first week of Sept.
What grade will they be entering? pre-K 3
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? no, tuition includes the supplies
School clothes shopping? I do it the year before when things are on sale.
Does your school provide school lunches? no, and he cannot eat them anyway if they did due to allergies
How much are they? n/a
Do they pack or buy? would pack, but he doesn't normally stay for lunch bunch (extra)
What time does school start/end? 9-12
Do they ride the bus? there is none, but he wouldn't
How do you feel about your school system? local school system is ok- I work there so I know that a lot is done to be sure all the kids are learning at their pace and pass the end-of-grades as well as give emotional support. I'd say it is pretty good. Hugo is in a private preschool though.

August 2nd, 2011, 12:21 AM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
Adriana is in private preschool (has been since last year).. She's there year around and DH takes her to school... Great learning environment and everything is provided...

August 2nd, 2011, 05:43 PM
AllMyBlessings's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do they go back to school? Tomorrow, August 3rd.
What grade will they be entering? Still homeschooling Collin, he'll be in 7th. But, Syd will be in 10th and Landon will be in 1st.
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? Yep
School clothes shopping? Yes
Does your school provide school lunches? Yes
How much are they? I *think* around $2.25.
Do they pack or buy? They both take their lunch.
What time does school start/end? 8:00-3:00
Do they ride the bus? They ride the bus in the morning and we pick them up in the afternoon.
How do you feel about your school system? I'm not too fond of it.

August 2nd, 2011, 05:48 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When do they go back to school? Jasmine starts next Jan
What grade will they be entering? prep
Have you gone back to school supply shopping? Nope
School clothes shopping? I've got the order form for the uniform but haven't bought it yet
Does your school provide school lunches? Nope
How much are they? N/A
Do they pack or buy? Pack.
What time does school start/end? 8:45am to 3:15pm
Do they ride the bus? No school buses here. Besides we are walking distance to THREE schools.
How do you feel about your school system? The system here is government run (here as in country wide). No real choice to like it or not.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 5th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
When do they go back to school? 8/31

What grade will they be entering? 1st

Have you gone back to school supply shopping? nope.

School clothes shopping? nope, desperately need to get polo's and khakis

Does your school provide school lunches? yup and breakfast

How much are they? One good thing about living in the ghetto: FREE for all kids. lol.

Do they pack or buy? Depends on what's on the menu. Some days he get's school lunch, others he brings his own.

What time does school start/end? 9:05-3:25

Do they ride the bus? yep

How do you feel about your school system? I *hate* the system here, but I got lucky with Thomas' school. Other than not many parents being involved I love Thomas' school. The teachers and staff are amazing. I'm just hoping the higher grades are as great as the lower. Grades pre k 3 through 2nd are in their own wing of the school, 3rd-6th are in their own, and 7th and 8th are on the 2nd floor away from the "little kids"

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search