Utilities.

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2011, 05:47 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much are your utilites running you each month?

What do you do to drive and safe $$?

Are you on any budget billing for any of them?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 3rd, 2011, 06:37 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm.....I'm thinking maybe $550. Gonna have to double check that.

I'm half asleep and not understanding the question.

Is budget billing where you work something out with the company? If so then no.....we just pay whatever they are that month. We know roughly what each bill will be and one is a little extra we have money set aside for that.
August 3rd, 2011, 06:42 AM
~Paula~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't tell you what they are each month because Jay does the bills.
We do budget with our gas.

Catherine, budget is where they charge you the same price each month, even if you don't use that much and then the rest goes into credit so when you use more, it just uses the credit. Works great for winter. Instead of getting a $500 gas bill in December, it's still going to be $350.

August 3rd, 2011, 06:48 AM
Ok, that's what I thought. With us it would be pointless to do that. Luckily our electric and gas is never crazy high. Unlike when we lived in Phoenix. THOSE were some ridiculous bills. And they have it set up so you're only eligible for special rate plans after a year or something.
August 3rd, 2011, 08:58 PM
FyreMommy2B's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Some places call it Comfort Level Billing however if you use more than they estimate for your usage you can get hit with a big bill annually from when you started it which sucks.

Our 2 year journey through Infertility & conceiving via IUI
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1a8678

August 3rd, 2011, 11:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
I have no idea they are included in my rent thank goodness

August 4th, 2011, 07:27 AM
I REFUSE to have a cold house in the winter, so I keep it nice and toasty. Without budget, our bill would be $600 or more a month. Now, I'm pretty sure it's $300 something.

August 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How much are your utilites running you each month? Roughly $250 for electric, water and trash

What do you do to try and safe $$? turn lights off when we aren't in the room, unplug any electronics that aren't being used, turn water off when not using it.

Are you on any budget billing for any of them? I am in for the electric and water bill

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 4th, 2011, 09:52 AM
Wow Cathy, for all 3? Our gas and electric together are close to $600 a month.

August 4th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Oh ok. I thought that said 'drive and save $$' so I was confused lol. To save money we turn off lights when we leave the room, unplug things when not in use, in the winter I like it warm, but just wear warm jammies in the house or a sweater to avoid cranking the heat. In the summer I keep the ac on about 76.

Paula-what temp do u keep the thermostat on in the winter and do you have electric or gas? I'd die if just my gas and electric cost $600 a month! Our gas is never over about $70 in winter and $30 in summer and electric is about $80 in summer and $60 in winter I believe.
August 4th, 2011, 10:19 AM
We have gas, my house is set to 74 in the winter. I HATE it cold, HATE it! We're hoping the new patio doors will help keep the heat in and the cost down.
Our bedroom was an addition so it's electric heat in there, But it's never up too high.

I don't know, don't pay too much attention to it. Electric, is because of all the pc's. DH and I NEVER shut ours down, so 2 are ALWAYS on. Kayla's is on a lot too, she only shuts it down lately because she needs a new fan and it's loud. LOL
There is ALWAYS at least one tv, usually 2 during the day.

August 5th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
hmm... We are averaging $180/mo for electric in the summer and $115/mo in the winter, gas is always less than $60 a mo, but both we owe lots from lay off months.

to try and save we coupon, turn lights off, and buy everything on sale.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I honestly have no idea. Gas is very low as the only gas we use is cooking. Power is higher.

We have energy saving devices.

No budget billing for us.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search