Mommy of the week for 8/11-8/17 is Nicole

Forum: 2009 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2009 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2011, 06:00 AM
mommy2Breana+Brandon's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Momma Ducks

What is your dream career?

What is your favorite color?

Are you done having kids?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 11th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Dream car

1998 black VW Jetta, black interior, manual tranny, w/ a race-car style removable steering wheel. Basically my old car. I miss it!

Fave Color

depends on my mood but black and bright pink are always favorites.

Done having kids?

Unsure. We are definitely done for now. Financially, if we were to get pregnant it would be the dumbest thing to do in the world. I mean, if something were to accidentally happen even with the IUD, I'd be happy ya know? But it's not something we need to be trying for. I'd love to have one more baby. But, when I think about being just 40 years old when Bailey turns 18 that thought excites me... So who knows...

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 04:22 PM
What time do you get up in the morning?

Do you prefer coffee or hot tea?

What is the first thing you go to when you turn on your PC?

Do you love food, entertaining, cooking?!?! Then you will LOVE Tastefully Simple. www.tastefullysimple.com/web/cpisch

August 11th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Wake up time
anytime from 5-9am. Earlier if I have to drive to work, anytime from 6:30-9 if I'm getting up with the kids-whatever time Bailey get's up, I do. The boys sit on the couch and watch nick or play in their room until I get up.
Once school starts it will be 7-7:30.

coffee or tea:

tea

first thing on the PC:

if I'm working on editing pictures/scrap pages/ect: go to photoshop.
If not, come online: FB/JM first thing.

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
August 11th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Adriana's Mommy's Avatar I <3 my kids
What's your favorite season?

Favorite Holiday?

Favorite meal to make?

What are you most afraid of?

Do you believe in ghosts?

Have you had anything paranormal happen to you or your family?

Have you been in a Haunted house?

Who's your favorite celebrity?

Who's your celebrity crush?

August 11th, 2011, 05:49 PM
MellieB's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you a sruncher or a folder?

Would you like fries with that?

Thanks to Claire1979 for the amazing siggy.

Tweet Tweet Facebook Bloggin'

Our Angel Baby on Facebook

August 11th, 2011, 06:14 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What's your favorite season?
I love bits of all four, The very beginning of *warm* spring weather, the beginning of summer when we can finally swim, those first cool days of Autumn leading to Halloween, & the beginning of winter-Christmas, first snow, etc. I dislike the middle of summer when it's too hot to go out, the end of fall when it's just blah, the actually beginning of spring when it's still to cold to be spring. LOL.

Favorite Holiday?
Halloween and Christmas are tied. Halloween is my all time favorite, but since Thomas was old enough to enjoy Christmas, that has been a favorite as well.

Favorite meal to make?
Hellmann's® with steamed whole green beans w/ minced garlic & creamy garlic shells.

What are you most afraid of?
Being alone-something happening to Tom and the kids. Either an accidental death or them picking up and leaving me.

Do you believe in ghosts?
yes and no. LOL.. I'm very skeptical but the next question will explain the yes.

Have you had anything paranormal happen to you or your family?
yes.
1. back in the early to mid 90's my parents bought their first house. The 2nd floor had 3 bedrooms in a row from the front of the house to the back, the middle one was missing a wall that would have blocked off the stairs, and at the top of the stairs was the bathroom. That was my room. I was watching tv in the middle of the night, turned it off when my mom and dad came up to go to bed, after a few minutes of them being quiet I turned it back on. I don't know why, but I looked over at hte stairs and saw a women in a long sleeve night gown sorta glide up the stairs and into the bathroom, the door slowly swung closed, but didn't make a sound. But I argue with myself that I probably fell asleep and was dreaming.

2. My Nana passed away when Collin was just 3 weeks old. The apartment we lived in was a 2nd floor 1 bedroom/2 room apt. The boys shared the bedroom and Tom and I had a futon in the living room. The living room had no window, but sliding glass doors that led to the balcony. Anyway, I don't remember exactly if it was the night of her funeral or a few days later, but I was nursing Collin super early in the morning, whatever time Impact: Stories of Survival used to be on Discovery Health. Either 4 or 5 am.. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something move, looked up from the tv to see Nana walking towards me from the balcony and the vertical blinds were swaying super gently, but enough to notice-I remember actually seeing them through my grandmother. Anyway, Nana actually walked over to us, smiled, and reached down and appeared to touch Collin's head while he was nursing, and he promptly turned away from towards where I had just seen her hand. in the time it took for me to look at him and back up at her she was already walking away, out of the living room and toward the boys room. Again I was too freaked to move.

3. The next one was late one night while pregnant with Bailey. I woke up, peed, and went into the living room to get online since I was so uncomfortable. She was sitting on the couch smiling at me.. I remember her voice like in my head, it was super weird, but it was like she was telling me everything would be okay...I just stared, blinked, and she was gone. this was the first time something happened that I knew 100% I wasn't sleeping.

4. Lastly, LOL, was right after we moved here. Again staring Nana. Bailey was sleeping in her bassinet next to my bed. She started crying, but as I was waking up, she started whimpering, then cooing. I glanced over at the bassinet and jumped. Nana was standing right in front of the bassinet. Just staring at Bailey. Again, with the same Nana smile I've seen all my life. This was the first time I didn't freak out. I think it was only because Bailey was actually cooing and at that time wasn't doing that very much yet and never at night. I walked the whole 2 ft to the bassinet and stood next to Nana while feel so cold. But the heat was at 72 and my room is the warmest in the apt so it made no sense. Then she touched Bailey's cheek, "touched" mine, and turned and "walked" out of the room". The touch felt icy, and I know girls are probably thinking I'm nuts but it was intense. I followed her out of the room after a few seconds and saw her in the boys room, right in between Thomas and Collin's beds. Then she was just gone.

I know, I'm insane, I doubt myself very often, but at the same time, it was all so real. Again, I have no clue whether or not I believe.

Have you been in a Haunted house?
quite a few, they scare the crap out of me!

Who's your favorite celebrity?
Adam Sandler.

Who's your celebrity crush?
Changes constantly! This week it's that weird looking dude that plays Eric on True Blood.

Are you a sruncher or a folder?
definitely NOT a folder if your talking about toilet paper.

Would you like fries with that?
Oh hell yes!

August 11th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to natty
What is your favorite place to eat?
What is your dream place to live?

August 15th, 2011, 07:52 AM
Are you a tidy or messy person?

have you had any surgeries?

August 15th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
What is your favorite place to eat?
The Olive garden. I could go there just for the salad and breadsticks. mmmm

What is your dream place to live?
Honestly, I don't know. I've always lived in the same 3 towns and the thought of living anywhere away from my family scares me.

Are you a tidy or messy person?
Both. lol. I hate, hate clutter, but I am also very lazy which leads to me being a messy person. My living room, kitchen, and bathroom I hate being dirty, but my bedroom... Even as a kid you could barely walk in my bedroom.

have you had any surgeries?
No. I've had two D&Cs but that's the closest I've been to surgery.

August 16th, 2011, 05:45 AM
Do you plan on going back to work when the kids are older?

What do you want to do occupation wise?

August 16th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Do you plan on going back to work when the kids are older?
Absolutely. I should be working now. But with Tom's inability to keep his eyes open once he sits down after dinner, it's just plain not safe for me to work nights, and with him (usually) working days, I'd only be working to pay for child care, so as soon as Bailey enters full time school I will look for something part time while they are at school.

What do you want to do occupation wise?
No idea! I was soo into the nursing thing, only had a module left of school when I was told my fluid levels with Collin were too low for me to continue since most of the week I was doing clinical rotations, but during my leave I realized I didn't want that kind of responsibility over people (one innocent mistake and I could kill someone? No thank you.)

I enjoy photography, but don't handle working for myself well.
I enjoy playing with and teaching children, and at one point thrived on the idea of opening a day care, but with Tom's criminal history, I'd have to have an actual facility-and again, I don;t want to be my own boss. Which led me to thinking about actually working for a daycare facility, but from what some people have told me, I'd need some schooling with ECE...
Honestly? I just don't know.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search